Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

General tournament chat

Saru

Hrmm. justcallmefox has been timed out for a day or so now. fox had moved in the game several times, and i can no longer delete the game because of that, but the game hasn't really started it's still early into it.

Should i claim the win? I'm a little torn by it since the game is so early, but fox hasn't moved in ages too..

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Talon

• __Kratos__

• BurnSide

• Subtemperate

If the game has progressed enough so that you can't delete it then you're more than entitled to claim the timeout, it's looking less and less likely that she intends to continue anyway.

I'm going to get in touch with her and see if she's still taking part.

Can I just apologise to anyone that's been waiting on a game from me, i've had a REALLY chaotic few days and it's just one of those things, i've made some moves now and i'll try and stay on it and do a couple/few a day.

Many apologies to anyone who had to cancel. I am playing Kratos and Ashley now so please no-one else add me or you may be dissappointed. :)

I'm playing justcallmefox too.... he takes too long

/waitsforsomeonetomove

I'm playing justcallmefox too.... he takes too long

/waitsforsomeonetomove

I know, my game with him started on the 30th last month, thats what? 15 days ago? ... we're on move 7.

I've got a space open if you want to play me.

SHE would like to apologize to everyone who had timed out games.

unfortunately, i am forced to use public computers, which often have some time of filter or rule against games, so that i can only move rarely.

:cry:

Edited by justcallmefox

Unfortunately one of the general requirements of the tournament is that participants need to be able to move on a fairly regular basis, which is why we have the timeouts. Eventually i'll have to start removing players who are timing out in order to keep the tournament moving. This was a problem last time, when nearer to the end there were a lot of players waiting on the slower players to move in order to progress.

If you feel that you will only be able to move rarely, I think this will definately apply to you, especially if you continue to time out in your games.

At the moment there is a limit of three timeouts before a participant is automatically disqualified from the tournament, and you've timed out twice already. :(

i have started keeping up---will be religious about so as not to be disqualified. :tu:

Bring it OOOOONNN!!!

Fox, don't feel bad! :) These guys seem to think we're all male, sometimes. :yes: I've been called "him" and "he" and "guy" a lot too. ;)

Fox, don't feel bad! These guys seem to think we're all male, sometimes.

It was the name and avatar :P

ARGH! Why don't I have any chess games that I can add... Silly people I need to play having six games. I NEED to play. lol

I know, i'm also increasingly frustrated at the lack of moves being made.

I have 6 games. A big thankyou to kratos for playing with me all day. 1 other one has a pretty active mover, thank you talon. The other 4, two of them were started by me and have 1 day timebank thingies, so the opponents are moving once every 24 hours. The others were started by other people and have 3 day timeout bank things and they're moving once every THREE DAYS. Argh.

The others were started by other people and have 3 day timeout bank things and they're moving once every THREE DAYS. Argh.

:hmm:

The rules quite clearly state that timeouts should be set to 1 day, it's so frustrating waiting 3 days for a single move. If you get any more challenges with a 3 day limit I'd refuse them, delete the game and restart it yourself with the correct limit.

:(

(with the exception of bardude of course)

Well, some members i don't mind because they actually play constantly. But yes, in the future i will be doing so, because i want to play chess!!

Well if you get bored burnsy you could always play me... Just not in the tournament....

Im getting close to the end... :cry:

Sorry to everybody I'm playing but I'll be gone for a couple days. Just letting you all know so you don't freak out, form a mob and come to my door with pitchforks! :lol:

Oh it'll happen either way!

Play for abit with me today then, we'll finish up this game. :)

Edited by BurnSide

I only move like once a day so all my games take like two weeks.

For some reason I always forget to move. :huh:

Anybody wanna give some tricks and tips? Being a begginer and all...

:rolleyes:

EDIT: Why is everybody only playing 6 games? Is there a rule in the tournament about playing more than 6

EDIT #2: :( sorry bout that, I thought it would let us play more than 6

Edited by iac_tracker

Anybody wanna give some tricks and tips? Being a begginer and all...

Basic rule is always look at where you put peices. Ask are they under attack? Are they covered? Could they be under attacked if something else moved?

Burnside, PLEASE accept the draw. I don't want to chase you all over the board for the next few days. Knowing my luck I'll end up getting checkmated myself.