Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

General tournament chat

Saru

Burnside, PLEASE accept the draw. I don't want to chase you all over the board for the next few days. Knowing my luck I'll end up getting checkmated myself.

Anybody else see that? :P

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Talon

• __Kratos__

• BurnSide

• Subtemperate

Burnside, PLEASE accept the draw. I don't want to chase you all over the board for the next few days. Knowing my luck I'll end up getting checkmated myself.

Anybody else see that?

I saw it, but then I went and looked at the game and it is actually a draw. Each individual has 1 pass pawn, but can't stop the other's king taking it within the next two moves. The only officer remaining on the board is a bishop, and a bishop and a king can't checkmate, its impossible. So Snake_6024 right its a draw, the only thing he's wrong about is the getting checkmated himself part.... unless one of them wants to do something stupid like let the other one Queen.

En passant works on RHP, i've seen people doing it.

how would i go about doing it, then?

i had a game where i could have done it, but when i tried to do it, it didn't work. :cry:

Wow i didn't even know about that. Cool.

Draw. :tu:

I saw it, but then I went and looked at the game and it is actually a draw. Each individual has 1 pass pawn, but can't stop the other's king taking it within the next two moves. The only officer remaining on the board is a bishop, and a bishop and a king can't checkmate, its impossible. So Snake_6024 right its a draw, the only thing he's wrong about is the getting checkmated himself part.... unless one of them wants to do something stupid like let the other one Queen.

I was thinking of all the ways around it. i actually sacrificed my knight so he would move his king down one so i could move my pawn up and get a queen. But then he moved his bishop and i saw, if i moved the pawn up, he'd take it with a bishop, and then i'd take his, and then we'd just have his bishop and two kings, useless.

So, draw it is.

If your on or such... feel free to send me a PM to get me to move. :P This one move a day is killing me slowly. :lol:

And, yeah... I've seen En Passant Capture on RHP... Talon did it to me. :P

If anyone wants to finish their game with me, I will be on for the next 6 hours refreshing redhotpawn every ten minutes.

*twiddles thumbs*

Stupid me going through my matches like steve irwin going through emergency.

I have only a couple of matches left to finish... hold me... :cry:

I have only a couple of matches left to finish... hold me...

Erm... can I just give you a sympathetic pat on the back instead :hmm:

No! :P lol

Thistle keeps putting our match off... I think shes afraid of loosing to me a second time... She would never hear the end of it lol

Well she almost had me beaten in our second game, so she a strong opponent who just needs to beleive in herself :P

She believd in herself in the first game... I took her by surprise....

Also, is the use of chloroform agaisnt tourament rules? lol

Also, is the use of chloroform agaisnt tourament rules?

Not at all! Tell Thistle to use it with our blessings! :D

By the way, I love your avatar! :tu: Is it a photograph? It's just exactly how I always imagined you looked! :lol::P

*twiddles thumbs*

Stupid me going through my matches like steve irwin going through emergency.

I have only a couple of matches left to finish... hold me... :cry:

Heh, aren't you lucky? I still have quite a few games left. One game has been going on for almost a month now. :blink:

O, yeah... I'll put my money down on Thistle. :D She's going to cream you, Subby. :lol:

:cry:

Is this gang up on subby day?

She will not cream me! ....Im sure it will be more of a puree :P

I think we should just declare Talon the winner already. Played 80 games, never lost once!

You should really play in tournaments.

Don't say that, its all about experience. I've been playing chess for 10 years now, and spent 6 of that in a Seconardy/High School chess club so I have a lot of tricks of the trade. But at one time I sucked, seriously, I couldn't win a game. But I just played every day week at that chess club until I gained enough experience to end up Champion of the Club for the last two years I was there and the only person who could beat me was this guy Adam Brown who was so good with his knights he could take on a queen with them.

But anyway, the point is, that chess is one of those games were you gain in ability as you play. Every game, even those you lose, or even are absolutely destoryed in, gives you a little more experience and little more insight. I've seen people from the first tournment proving a far harder challenge this time around. Elfstone has gone from beginner to beating last years number 3. Burnside I was sure once had me beaten in a friendly match. I've defeated Thistle many times before, yet by all rights she should have won our last game, she was that close to checkmate. And so forth.

What's important is experience here. And as long as you've learned something from a game you've lost, then that experience can be taken into the next game and the next after that.

Chess is a sport, just of the mind rather than body. But nobody became a world class footballer in only a few training sessions.

Try. Learn. Never give up.

Edited by Talon