Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Unraveling the Truth Behind the Bermuda Triangle

UM-Bot

bermuda.jpg

Some scientists wonder if giant gas bubbles could be sucking ships beneath the Bermuda Triangle. A Hollywood special effects master, armed with a physicist, air compressors, hoses, and a heavy boat, came to the Gulf Coast to prove it could be true.

Wednesday, workers re-enacted a science experiment that led to the gas bubble hypothesis. They forced compressed air through an underwater grid, forcing bubbles to the surface and, after five tries, sucking a Sea Ray cruiser under the water.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Herald Tribune

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sukato-San

• Homer

• Althalus

• Aslan

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

New Zealand squid expert Steve O'Shea says he will mount a new expedition in July next year to film "sex-crazed" giant squid in the wild.

That's what's causing the gas bubbles in the Bermuda Triangle! Sex-crazed giant squid! laugh.gif 'cause they were feeling very relaxed!

I saw this experiment on the discovery channel. I think it could work, but what is causing the gas bubbles? Aside from giant squid laugh.gif

Ummm... That's all I got.

LOL how interesting but that doesn't explain how the instruments and radios go haywire - or are the squids fornicating with those too?

Well... the earth has tonnes of hot gases inside of it. Releasing it into the Bermuda Triangle area just means there are faults and cracks beneth the area releasing pressure from inside our planet.

This is very very plausible theory. I like it cool.gif

i heard this theory a few years back... i thought it explained the triangle quite well... if i recall they did explain why the instruments went all crazy, but cant remember why... but i believe this theory more then any other!

It also doesn't explain the missing planes.

but what is causing the gas bubbles? Aside from giant squid

Flatulent Whales? laugh.gif

Flatulent Whales?

It must be! laugh.gif

I thought research had adequately demonstrated that the Bermuda Triangle lost no more ships than any other similarly sized area in a fairly busy traffic zone. I also thought that every one of the 'freak' disturbances were actually a lot less freaky than some sources made out - it was, in a nutshell, pure invention that ships and planes mysteriously vanished in the Triangle with any more frequency than they mysteriously vanished elsewhere.

I didn't realise there even was a Bermuda Triangle anymore.

So in light of undeniable statistics, why would these people think that gas bubbles are sucking ships under in the Bermuda Triangle, specifically. Why not in the Indian Ocean, or the English Channel, or the Black sea ?

So in light undeniable statistics, why would these people think that gas bubbles are sucking ships under in the Bermuda Triangle, specifically. Why not in the Indian Ocean, or the English Channel, or the Black sea ?

My answer to this would be:

Maybe ships and the like are being sucked under elsewhere also, but the reason why most of te ones happen at the bermuda triangle is that it is a heavily used area, where as other areas where this happens are not so heavlily used. And for the more heavily used areas, I would surmise that the phenomenon that is causing the hydro-methane gas bubbles, is only concentrated at this one region.

Yes it is also at other regions, but they ar enot so heavily trafficked.

but that doesn't explain how the instruments and radios go haywire - or are the squids fornicating with those too?

laugh.gif @ Sabrina

whistling2.gif

One thing I've learned in reading allllllllll these THREADS...

"One should not read the last post...... first"...... grin2.gif

Fornicating squids and goofy whales...... who'd a thunk?

This place is amazing......!!!!!! wacko.gif