Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

First ever live giant squid caught on video camera

UM-Bot

news icon rJapanese zoologists have made the first recording of a live giant squid, one of the strangest and most elusive creatures in the world. The size of a bus, with vast eyes and a querulous beak, Architeuthis has long nourished myth and literature. Until now, the only evidence of giant squids was extraordinarily rare - from dead squids that washed up on remote shores or got snagged on a long-line fish hook or from ships' crews who spotted the deep-sea denizen as it made a sortie near the surface.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: News24

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baku

• Yelekiah

• ImAnAlienWa8iD

• SurfX805

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have to say I was one of the many relieved not to see that.

But I do think it's incredible that this type of marine life is out there. I like calamari.

I have to say I was one of the many relieved not to see that.

But I do think it's incredible that this type of marine life is out there. I like calamari.

Yeah thats just crazy to watch :alien: but were can we see this tape?

lol, that's disgusting.

No dude I dont want to see the tape were the squids have sex:P, I want this new Japanees one! :lol:

Edited by Baku

I wanna see more pics!

giant squid rule....

actually, squid outnumber humans in total bio-mass, they grow exponentially every year and tuna is a natural predator (for regular squid) which we are removing from the environment allowing squid to flourish... mabye one day they will develop intelligent brains and then they'd build "land suits" and INVADE!!! OMG, we gotta start eating the b******* before they have a chance!

what does calamari taste like? fried clam? i mean, what is the texture like? conch or some slimey stuff?

it tastes like rubber... its not very "tasteful" and its kinda tough to chew... but if cooked with the right flavors its not bad

what does calamari taste like? fried clam? i mean, what is the texture like? conch or some slimey stuff?

It actually tastes alot like fried clam strips, but more fishy tasting... :tu:

It actually tastes alot like fried clam strips, but more fishy tasting... :tu:

Mmm sounds like delicates! It would go really good with some rice, cooked tomatoes, sliced eggplant and offcourse kebab :tu:

Edited by Baku

But where's a link to the tape? I wanna see!!

xD

you wanna see the squid sex, ew! :rofl:

They ground up some squid gonads,

Don't you just envy the jobs some people have .... :blink:

The hope was that a camera would squirt out the pureed genitals and a passing squid, driven into a sexual frenzy, would then mate with the lens - a project that, some may be relieved to hear, never came to fruition

fruition means it be real so the squid sex thing didnt happen but they did get video

Edited by Boo_ Boi

Well, bodies of ones that have been anything up to 60 feet long have been washed ashore ... just imagine getting film of one of those beasties ... mind blowing ...

Here is another picture from the article...

It's of a tentacle it left on the hook...

;)

post-23249-1127941062_thumb.jpg

Edited by SurfX805

That's really not necessary. Let's keep this a serious discussion please.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE"VE GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Needless to say, I'm estatic. This is amazing! One of Earths most mysterious animals, finally captured on camera!

Oh, and giant squid tastes awful, due to the high levels of amonia in it's flesh.