Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

why'd you choose it?

bacca

Thats where the element of 'faith' comes into play, no?

"Faith" in the religion you've chosen. "Faith" does not require facts and documentation.

"Faith" and religion are two seperate ideas ya kno.

good journey

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bacca

• SilverCougar

• Oubli

Top Posters In This Topic

PA Right and wrong are relative terms, inthe realm of the absolute they have no meaning, I could as easily say Religon is wrong, Right or wrong it is obviuos it is not effective, As I always say we all grow up sooner or later Namaste Sheri

Thanks PA. :)

Sherri I agree ones right could be your wrong. I mean is it right to eat meat? To me yes to some no.

101 i don't eat meat or any animal products but if one chooses to I don't say its wrong , nor do I not eat meat because its wrong its just a choice a way to use my life in humanitarian pursuits , It works for me but its not to say it will work for others or should. Namaste sheri

101 i don't eat meat or any animal products but if one chooses to I don't say its wrong , nor do I not eat meat because its wrong its just a choice a way to use my life in humanitarian pursuits , It works for me but its not to say it will work for others or should. Namaste sheri

That is good. I just try not to throw away plastic cups -from the restaurant and reuse them.

That is good. I just try not to throw away plastic cups -from the restaurant and reuse them.

101 every little bit helps!!! Namaste Sheri

Maybe more people could help. My friend dispises Mcdonalds because they use strofoam. I told him not all the products are packaged in it. But he said that he won't eat their unless he is starving.

Many people do not choose their religion, they are born into it. My family was Catholic and so I was raised. As an adult I considered changes but decided that even if I could not accept Catholic dogma, I wanted to keep the historic link of the church. That is, the Catholic Church is certainly the oldest and with the most direct connections with early Christianity. Finally I decided to continue to go there but to worship for my own reasons.

Maybe more people could help. My friend dispises Mcdonalds because they use strofoam. I told him not all the products are packaged in it. But he said that he won't eat their unless he is starving.

No no no.. he ment that the food's made from Styrophom.. not packed in it XD

No no no.. he ment that the food's made from Styrophom.. not packed in it XD

It is Sc? :blink:

It is Sc? :blink:

I'm not at liberty to say...

I'm not at liberty to say...

eeee gads. No wonder I retain water.

Fast food's not good for ya anyways ;P Saying as one who's worked three years at McDonalds. X)

Fast food's not good for ya anyways ;P Saying as one who's worked three years at McDonalds. X)

I worked at Arbys as a teen. I mean I was so greasy when I left. I swear.

Yeah.. took a month to degreese >.<

Ahhh this is how the urben legend begin. :devil:

with fast food. :lol:

not to be difficult but what if you are wrong? Have you ever entertained the idea that what you believe could be a false religion? I have been baptised but I would never think that it would get me into heaven (going on the idea that there is one)

At times, I have wondered if I'm wrong. Let's face it, I could be. But I don't believe I am. I have found nothing to say I am wrong. So until the time comes that my faith deserts me, I'll stick with what i think is right. What else can I do?

Anyhow, you're right about Baptism. It can't get you into heaven.

Not to be difficult, but what if you are wrong?

Regards, PA

Edited by Paranoid Android

I chose to be Protestant because it best suits me, aka non-denominational christian. I am very aware of what all religions stand for and I also merge some ideas from others into by belief system. You can say I have my own religion I guess :blush:

I think that's the best way to go. Take things that seem correct to you, and match them up. Instead of following a religion cuz eventually you'll find at least one thing you do not agree with. And why stay in one religion if you dissagree with some of what it beleives?

That's my belief. I disagree with some of what my church teaches. But I attend church not because I believe everything that they say, but to fellowship with other believers. I do learn, hell, I even teach and preach on occasion too. If I were to only meet up with christians that shared exactly my beliefs, then I'd never meet up with any, and neither would anyone else, because no one has exactly the same ideas.

Our main themes and big ideas are the same though, and that is what's important to me. Little differences is what leads to fanatacism and fundamentalism.

Regards, PA

I chose to be Protestant because it best suits me, aka non-denominational christian. I am very aware of what all religions stand for and I also merge some ideas from others into by belief system. You can say I have my own religion I guess :blush:

Eureka! And this is the winner!

As I have said elsewhere, religion, and faith are the two most personal and intimate concepts ever created.

To each of us is given the spirit to commune with God as we each see fit.

To some, it is sitting in a building for one hour on one day of the week, absorbing the recitation of a 'teacher'.

For others, it is a more involved interaction with their concept of god.

In the end, it matters not whether you worship on Sundays, or Saturdays, or Fridays, or on the night of a full moon. What matters, utimately, is the fact that you have a religion that suits you.

It shouldn't matter to you if I pray in the forsest under a silver moon, or in the most magnificent temple on the planet. Just as it shouldn't matter to me how you pray.

In the end, there are many paths to the creator/God/Gaia/Father whatever your concept may be. And the sooner that all men and women can absorb this, the better the race will be.

good journey

That's my belief. I disagree with some of what my church teaches. But I attend church not because I believe everything that they say, but to fellowship with other believers. I do learn, hell, I even teach and preach on occasion too. If I were to only meet up with christians that shared exactly my beliefs, then I'd never meet up with any, and neither would anyone else, because no one has exactly the same ideas.

Our main themes and big ideas are the same though, and that is what's important to me. Little differences is what leads to fanatacism and fundamentalism.

Regards, PA

Yay PA I agree. I feel like some people just forget to incorporate God into their personal life. They just think God is a man at church and no where else. God is my friend who knows everything about me. And I love him for that. Personally God is very important to me and my life. What I have is a personal relationship. I belive Paul said it find your own salvation through Christ Jesus.