Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

God's Many Sins

Cadetak

God proclaims himself all knowing, all powerful, perfect, etc. etc.

God himself has committed more sins then any one of his creations.

First off, I'll point out the easier ones like mass murder. He destroyed the entire know world with a flood( and threatens us that the day will come again), threatened to kill the escaped slaves of Egypt, killed the first born sons of every citizen of Egypt, Exstinguished entire armies, etc. etc. (read the old testament).

Second off, God shows many other "human" emotions like anger and jealousy. "you shall worship no gods besides me". Why is God looking for praise? Why is he jealous of other Gods? ARent Jesus and The Holy Spirit Gods? when we worship them are we sinners? He is jealous of the son of Jacob(? Idk) that he makes him sacrifice him(he doesnt but still). Jesus flipping over tablesThis is off the top of my head. "we were all made in the likeness and image of God". Indeed. "do what as I say not what I do". If we only imitate are father, and if the aple doesnt fall far from the tree, hoe can he blaim us?

Thirdly, Gods lack of power. Took him 7 days to make earth and rest. If he is all powerful why not do it instantly? When do the all powerful rest? He sent his son to do his dirty work. Why didnt God come himself? And why did he let him die? Why do people starve no matter how much they pray? If he is so perfect why are we so inperfect? Why is this planet imperfect? (earthquakes, floods, tornadoes).

Multipe prophets were noted in The Bible, were are the prophets now? In a planet slowly destroying itself. Why doesnt God punish his priests for their crimes? (u know what I mean, I dont like saying it).

And Lastly, Hell. So God being a power hungry tyrant who imposes slavery on his angels gets mad when one of them revolts. Ok. So he makes Hell and puts him there (which is soposedly in the middle of the planet and Heaven in the clouds). And God sends the "bad" humans there. Satan hates us because God gave us more love then his angels, so he tortures us in Hell. Why doesnt God destroy Hell? Hy did he make it in the first place? Does he like seeing his children tortured? And why is Hell almost the exact same description of other "bad" places in other religions? plagerisem?

I here by put God under citizens arrest!

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ShaunZero

• Stellar

• zandore

• Sherapy

This is all very amusing, but the Bible shouldn't be taken literally, and it all depends on one's definition of all-powerful. It's all interpretable.

If the Bible cant be taken literally then what can people base their faith on? The corrupt church?

The Bible wasnt written by God himself, so people are basing their faith on authers who exsisted hundred of years ago. Its like me watching Star Wars and building a Jedi Church.

And the Bible's message was "tampered' with when that one Roman king guy edited it so it would appeal to pagans and a bigger audience.

Dont get me wrong the idea of catholic beliefs is all good and moral but the story behind it is fishy.

The Bible wasnt written by God himself, so people are basing their faith on authers who exsisted hundred of years ago. Its like me watching Star Wars and building a Jedi Church.

Well, if they are basing their faith on others, and not God, how then can God sin?

edit: They call it the word of God, so in a way, it couln't be based entirely on man. So we're back to square one, aren't we, lol?

Edited by Yelekiah

God proclaims himself all knowing, all powerful, perfect, etc. etc.

God himself has committed more sins then any one of his creations.

I here by put God under citizens arrest!

Am I missing something here?

When did God become an individual? :huh:

God made the rules (and can rightly change then if He so wishes) and therefore God cannot sin. This really is preposterous.

God made the rules (and can rightly change then if He so wishes) and therefore God cannot sin. This really is preposterous.

But if he changed the rules of sin for example, does that mean that at some point he had "sinned", before after the rule was changed??

Well if that is the case, perhaps your god can update the bible.

:rolleyes:

:o

ashley, you are making the abrahamic god sound like a spoiled child (again).

LOVE the avitar.... :rofl:

No, technically God doesn't 'sin' at all. Angels work by a different system they can kill but that is their job. A lion can kill and it is not sinning as it was created for that. A human is on yet another system. 'Sin's are the breaking of the set laws you are given.

since i was not given any laws, i can not sin! thank you ashley for clarifying the irrelevence of the abrahamic god (at least to me).

The laws are clearly outlined. Should your choose to ignore them your do so at your own risk. I should add several of them are also what constitutes our laws in just about every single country on the planet. Such as 'Thou shalt not murder' 'thou shalt not steal' and certain moral ones, though not not legally enforceable of late 'though shalt not commit adultery' etc.

Edited by Ashley-Star*Child

well, ashley, since my bloodline goes back to before the abrahamic god made his appearance, i am exempt from such ramblings. :D

Maybe i should expect this bloodthirsty beast to answer to my laws. now there is an idea!

If God changed dthe law (which is unlikely to ever happen) I suppose so.

But more what I'm trying to get at here is that God is above the law as He made it, and then the laws are relavtive t the creation..

Hyperactive,

Yes yes, whilst you can mouth of that you have this law and that I'd like to see your qualifications for being a 'god'? Moved any mountains lately?

i have no qualifications for being a god, but if i did i would set them quite a bit higher than those attained by the abrahamic variety!

Yelekiah,

No, angels being a separate creation are bound by different rules which goes back to the laws being relative to the creation. That and their 'killing' would not be for personal reasons but rather on command.

Hyperactive,

Well you are not a 'god' so therefore that option is there for you.

But more what I'm trying to get at here is that God is above the law as He made it, and then the laws are relavtive t the creation..

Sorry if I'm asking so many questions, I'm ususally the one giving the answers...But in your opinion, ashley, are there any angels above the law? You seem to know a lot about angels.

Yelekiah,

No, angels being a separate creation are bound by different rules which goes back to the laws being relative to the creation. That and their 'killing' would not be for personal reasons but rather on command. Technically though, no angels are not above the law, if they break their set rules they too are culpable for their actions.

Hyperactive,

Well you are not a 'god' so therefore that option is there for you.

Edited by Ashley-Star*Child