Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Acquiring a ghost...

AndyThorley

How do I know this one's going to be taken the wrong way?

Anyways, I was wondering whats the scope on picking up ghosts...or poltergeists, rather.

I dont mean flashbulb ghosts (the kind that are visible for only a second before vanishing...like a recently deceased friend or relative) but the kind that manifest themselves in your house or follow you about somehow.

Im familiar with the concept that some people report mysterious behaviours relating to their relatives and ghosts...the scent of the dead wifes favourite perfume for example, or (as in one case from this site) copping a feel every now and again wink2.gif

Im also familiar with the concept that ghosts have something to perform in the world...something to protect or something to guard or something along those lines...and that the ghosts are manifesting themselves into physical form for protection or guidance...

No, Im talking about the kind who, just for laughs it seems, decide to pick on a certain family or individual...

How on earth do they decide to do it...is there any specific way or ritual or something?

This has really got me curious...

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AndyThorley

• UnsecureMistress

• snuffypuffer

• Lionel

I dont think Ghosts/Spirits pick up Individuals or Families Randomly just for laughs. A spirit remains where it is, it does not move places. It is us humans that get into their way they dont come in our way.

I hope I have not taken this the wrong way rolleyes.gif

There's a thread round here somewhere on ouija boards where just this subject was discussed. It is an interesting question. The general consensus seems to be that they are attracted to psychic leakage from, say, a traumatised teenager. As I say, ouija boards thread.

I dunno.. I think I agree witht he whole.. people get in there way thingy..:S.. It makes sense.. I don't see any reasson why ghosts and whatnot would pick out somone specific to scare the poo out of.. huh.gif

I don't see any reasson why ghosts and whatnot would pick out somone specific to scare the poo out of.. 
nicely put UM grin2.gif however I believe that some discorporeal beings wink2.gif are fully capable of attatching themselves to a person . If an angel/guardian can choose to protect someone then why not can a more malignent or mischevious ghost ( I don't like that word undecided.gif ) choose to follow someone around just to scare the Poop out of them ?

It all depends on what you believe ghosts to be - if they are an intelligence, surely they would react in any way they wished, if they are a 'recording' or a timeslip then it would be more to do with the time/place

Wel, I'm not syaing they WOULDN'T i just don't see WHY they would.. lol.. Yes it could be possible..Like.. Ohh.. whats that one movie.. Oh i dunno.. But yes i supose your right original.gif

Coincidentally, I was leafing through Peter Underwood's 'Into the Occult' the day this subject came up. I hadn't picked this book up for years.

In a chapter entitled 'Sex and Psychic Phenomena', rather frank for its time (1972) and quite audacious for the urbane Mr Underwood, he prints a 'recipe' for meeting a poltergeist:

'...wait until a couple are middle-aged..they should then acquire a ramshackle house in a remote locality, where they should live for several years in lonely frugality. Then they should adopt a female adolescent orphan, preferably one with a poor health record or a neurotic disposition. Then wait and see what happens to your furniture, walls, windows, linen...'

if it's a boy, take it to the perfume shop. if it's a girl, take her to the sporting goods section. or you could try aura healing.

if it's a boy, take it to the perfume shop. if it's a girl, take her to the sporting goods section. or you could try aura healing.

Thank you, uranium...your helpful posts once again provide a valuable insight into the workings of the very nature of the occult...