Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Elephants are Forming "Armies"...

Richdog

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SilverCougar

• Koume

• frogfish

• Talon

Talon and others sum up exactly how I feel about this :tu:

Did you guys knew that elephants have killed more than 600 people in Assam (state with most elephants in India) in the last 15 years? Statistics show on average, one human and three elephants die every week as a result of clashes over land.

But I got a question for all you guys. Try to imagine this is not taking place in India but in USA, like right in your backyard. Now are you guys ready to feel sorry for the humans? Im not trying to split humans in groups but you guys would definitely be standing up for the humans instead the elephants, if they were killing over 600 people in USA, UK or EU.

I think we should just give the elephants some real space to live, and think about there interests and values aswell. They are very beautiful animals and endangered aswell, so it would be wrong to just shoot them down. But we should be something about them so they wont attack humans anymore. :tu:

Edited by Baku

But I got a question for all you guys. Try to imagine this is not taking place in India but in USA, like right in your backyard. Now are you guys ready to feel sorry for the humans?

:no: Where it happens and race doesn't change a thing to me.

While not as great a number, here in Aus every year people are killed by sharks and crocodiles. When someone does get killed the majority of people except it, as we are encroaching on there territory not the other way round (Mind you there are always a few exceptions to the norm).

In 2003 there were two fatal shark attacks within 5 weeks not 10 minutes walk from where I worked, after that I didn't suddenly feel sorry for humans and wanted to kill the sharks. Even the victims family didn't want to see the sharks killed.

Not quite the same as elephants I know, but its the same principal to me. Every animal has a right to live and do what they have always done in my book. Just because we are humans doesn't give us any more rights than them.

I think we should just give the elephants some real space to live, and think about there interests and values aswell.

:tu: I agree and if we did this from the start none of this would of happened :yes:

Personally I think the world could do with a few more elephants and a few less humans.

If it would help, I'm all for throwing chav's, rapists and murderers away to feed Siberian Tigers, I have no moral issue with that at all.

Come to think of it, there's a few species of animal I'd swap a few humans for without any guilt at all.

Personally I think the world could do with a few more elephants and a few less humans.

If it would help, I'm all for throwing chav's, rapists and murderers away to feed Siberian Tigers, I have no moral issue with that at all.

Come to think of it, there's a few species of animal I'd swap a few humans for without any guilt at all.

xD I'm with you here, we're animals to - meaning the rights we have should be the same as every other animal. humans are to egotistical to aknowlege that we're just apes that seem more intelligent, yet at the same time we're very stupid. - so yeah, chuck the chavs, murderrers and rapists and chop 'em up for food, in the same way as cows are butchered for burgers. that way we can tear down some places, plant tree's and offer them back to the elephants and other animals - in hope that we will someday be forgiven.

EDIT

w00p! go elephants! you got my support. I'll help you stomp, just holla me! :P

Edited by Leliel

to tell the truth, the people brought this on themselves, so sorrow is needed, it is their problem,

plus, i kinda think an army of killer elephants is cool, =-)

I'm just giggling at the premeditated organization the elephants seemingly have.

Tony Two Tusks and Paulie the Trunk gather up the boys and wipe out the townfolk... execution style.

Perhaps is it just a result of the 'must' state (that male hormone craziness business) and less space for elephants? Their habitat is being destroyed for fields. Fields are a good source of easy food for elephants. Elephants travel in herds.

Easy conclusion... herds of hormone crazy elephants trample guys working in the fields near the villages. Guys run, elephant follows, whoops! there goes a grass hut...

Did you guys knew that elephants have killed more than 600 people in Assam (state with most elephants in India) in the last 15 years? Statistics show on average, one human and three elephants die every week as a result of clashes over land.

Thats 3 elephants a week to many.

But I got a question for all you guys. Try to imagine this is not taking place in India but in USA, like right in your backyard. Now are you guys ready to feel sorry for the humans? Im not trying to split humans in groups but you guys would definitely be standing up for the humans instead the elephants, if they were killing over 600 people in USA, UK or EU.

If your trying to play the race card and claim we're only saying it doesn't matter because the humans arn't white your wrong. I think the west has too many humans as well.

And as Indeed pointed out, white people are killed all the time by sharks, bears, snakes etc but we still support that the animals should be left alone. If humans are going to intrude on the environments of other animals while its sad that we can die, its not unexpected and the animals are not to blame.

I agree, a few less Neds and a few more whales would do the world a... well... world of good.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall at that meeting...

...Welcome to the Pachyderms Local 237 Union meeting, we'd like to go over the bulletpoint minutes of our last meeting before we move forward:

* Join large groups

* Kill as many people as possible

* Destroy Villages

...Does anyone have anything to add?

"Ummm yeah, I'm thinking that while we are at it we find and raid the peanut factory..."

Hey, great idea, I'll second that. All in Favor?

Aye!

Wonderfull, peanuts will be added to the goal of the Local 237 Union...

:D

Personally I think that they are well within their rights to whoop a little human butt, we haven't been very nice to them over the millennia.

finnaly they start fighting back, like they say, a elephant never forgets ;) so they wouldnt have forgotten what humans have been doing to them for so long.

I don't understand why elephants are killed for their ivory. Why not sedate them and remove the tusk; or is it just a case of convenience?

The sad thing about this is now elephants will be considered a 'threat' and be eliminated. After all that's the human way. We lie, cheat and steal from less fortunate people (including animals), and when they do the same we kill them. Hypocrical idiots <_<

"Ummm yeah, I'm thinking that while we are at it we find and raid the peanut factory..."

:lol:

I don't understand why elephants are killed for their ivory. Why not sedate them and remove the tusk; or is it just a case of convenience?

Many conservations sedate animinals and take their ivory hoping poachers while leave them, but the drugs are expensive, so its easier and cheaper for poachers just to kill them.

The sad thing about this is now elephants will be considered a 'threat' and be eliminated. After all that's the human way. We lie, cheat and steal from less fortunate people (including animals), and when they do the same we kill them. Hypocrical idiots disgust.gif

I read a story which was talking about a great white attack during WW1 of the east coast of the US and it noticed the hypocracy. I think it concluded the report with "One shark kills one human in America and suddenly all sharks are branded evil and must be destoryed. On the other side of the world on the same day thousands die in battle during a war which will kill millions, and yet nobody makes the same conclusions about humans."

I'm just giggling at the premeditated organization the elephants seemingly have.

Tony Two Tusks and Paulie the Trunk gather up the boys and wipe out the townfolk... execution style.

Perhaps is it just a result of the 'must' state (that male hormone craziness business) and less space for elephants? Their habitat is being destroyed for fields. Fields are a good source of easy food for elephants. Elephants travel in herds.

Easy conclusion... herds of hormone crazy elephants trample guys working in the fields near the villages. Guys run, elephant follows, whoops! there goes a grass hut...

actually, the elephantes will sneak into the village at night sometimes and actually hunt down people to kill, and they dont just kill em, they totaly crush them, like every bone in the body broken torn apart

Edited by bloodmoon

hey, im indian! They dont live in grass huts!

its not the must elephants. in N. India, the ppl sometimes hunt down juvenile and baby elephanst,. and it has bben proven that the elephanst come and destroy the village looking for their baby...sad isnt it?

Wtf?! You people are putting elephants before human beings?! You people are SICK! ****, those elephants need to be shot. >/

I agree koume, you people seem like a bunch of misanthropes... Or maybe you just can't imagine the matter at hand. Those are real human lives out there, being destroyed by elephants! They have families and friends, and they're dieing from elephant attacks but you enjoy it?!?! You people seriously are sick ****'s.

I'm not saying that we should go out and kill all the elephants, I'm just saying that you should show a little grief for the lives that were lost.

I believe we should stud their tusks with diamonds, for fun. Imagine a glittering ivory tusk just gorging you, funny isn't it.

I agree koume, you people seem like a bunch of misanthropes... Or maybe you just can't imagine the matter at hand. Those are real human lives out there, being destroyed by elephants! They have families and friends, and they're dieing from elephant attacks but you enjoy it?!?! You people seriously are sick ****'s.

I'm not saying that we should go out and kill all the elephants, I'm just saying that you should show a little grief for the lives that were lost.

Sorry.. that line won't work on me. Humans are animals.. no more.. no less. Their lives are no more importaint the the elephants that desided to finaly give a bloody force that has been shown to them.

This is just a reminder.. that we're *not* so far above other animals that we can just take them for granted. Humans were.. and are... just soft skinned prey animals.

Sorry.. that line won't work on me. Humans are animals.. no more.. no less. Their lives are no more importaint the the elephants that desided to finaly give a bloody force that has been shown to them.

This is just a reminder.. that we're *not* so far above other animals that we can just take them for granted. Humans were.. and are... just soft skinned prey animals.

YEAH WELL THESE ELEPHANTS ARENT JUST KILLING THE PEOPLE WHO DESTROYED THERE LAND, THERE KILLING ANY AND ALL PEOPLE THAT GET IN THERE WAY! Can you not see that you god damned Nazi?!

That's true, but you're a human too... Shouldn't you be looking out for your own kind? And just for the sake of argument, we've evolved to the state of being predators, not prey.

Edited by Wingman

Why... should I look out for other humans? Maybe I'll look out for family and those I let close enough to concider friends.. maybe. But honestly, I don't feel one ounce of sympathy to humans being hunted by another animal. We've hunted many other species to extinction. These Elephants are accually fighting back. Good for them... Humans need to be smacked off their arrogant "throne" *shrugs*

And no.. humans like to think they've evolved to strictly preditor... they're still prey. Humans are still eaten by other preditors out there. Quite easily I might at. We're nothing without our guns and bows and whatever kind of weapondry. Nothing but soft, easily killed dinner.

This is utterly disgusting...apparently these days its "Cool" to hate humans. "OMGZ HUMANS ARE DESTROYING THE EARTH WE NEED TO STOP THEM! ANIMALS ARE BETTER OMGZ!" Im getting sick of it...

Why... should I look out for other humans? Maybe I'll look out for family and those I let close enough to concider friends.. maybe. But honestly, I don't feel one ounce of sympathy to humans being hunted by another animal. We've hunted many other species to extinction. These Elephants are accually fighting back. Good for them... Humans need to be smacked off their arrogant "throne" *shrugs*

And no.. humans like to think they've evolved to strictly preditor... they're still prey. Humans are still eaten by other preditors out there. Quite easily I might at. We're nothing without our guns and bows and whatever kind of weapondry. Nothing but soft, easily killed dinner.

You know what? I'd love to pump a few rifle rounds through that dense head of yours... :gun:

I think nature intended us to survive on intelligence rather than are bodies...I think were intended to make guns so dont put us down for it...

Apparently it's "Cool" to think you're so clever and hip to threaten me with shooting me. I doubt you can even aim a gun let alone find me to carry out your threat.

Might I add.. threatening my life is a rather huge no no. Not that I'm scared or anything... The only one who's going to be sorry is you when you're tossed in a jail cell. Possibly with someone who will bend you over and make you call out their name.

You can think what I say is sick.. but honestly, I don't care. You're just the prime example of why I've this additude towards humanity that I have. But hey... go ahead. Keep threatening me with your ficticious gun and over zealous lust for violence.