Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Elephants are Forming "Armies"...

Richdog

exactly Richdog! No poachers, no hunting, no big buisnesses...just simple people trying to survive...I would like to see how anyone of us would fare out in the villages in India...i doubt many couldnt, not even me...i can handle the villages in the south tho (no tigers, no elephants...etc.)

It was a stray bullet that accidently kiiled the juvenile elephant..one of the guns misfired

Edited by frogfish

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SilverCougar

• Koume

• frogfish

• Talon

i completely agree with you Richdog

First off all, I have to explain the true reason why elephanst are "attacking" people...Its not poachers...there havent been one for years there...its not a big buisness (its a VILLAGE)...Its just a community of people trying to get by on meager rations and very little money. In Westen India, they risk being killed by gharials and bull sharks while wading in chest deep water to catch shrimp...TO EAT, NOT TO SELL!

They need that food...those villages havent expnaded their borders for years! Elephanst see the easy food, come and eat crops. Then villagers get hungry and angry. Small children die of starvation. The villagers keep patrol at night...to SCARE AWAY ELEPHANTS! NOT HURT THEM. the villagers have no intention of hurting elephnats. they fire rifles into the air. this strategy worked for months, until a stray bullet killed a young elephnat. The villagers had no idea what to do with the carcass, but to eat it...they needed the food. So the elephanst came back, smelled the baby scent, and tore through the village looking for the baby...its a MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH TO BOTH SIDE...and if its between a human just trying to survive naturally, or animals trying to survive...i would have to go with the humans

exactly Richdog! No poachers, no hunting, no big buisnesses...just simple people trying to survive...I would like to see how anyone of us would fare out in the villages in India...i doubt many couldnt, not even me...i can handle the villages in the south tho (no tigers, no elephants...etc.)

It was a stray bullet that accidently kiiled the juvenile elephant..one of the guns misfired

l agree with you and richdog ,

those poor people are just trying to survive day by day . they are not shooting elephants for sport , they are not shooting them for food they are just shooting in the air to scare them away from their village .

yes...exactly, and the only reason the elephants attacked was to find their youngling...which was used for food by the villagers...that was the best way to use the carcass

The following is a possible explanation for the "I hate humans" thing, and does not necessarily reflect the views of the management. <tee hee hee>

Some people, PERHAPS silvercougar included (I am NOT putting words in her mouth here), view the world as a living entity of a sort where things are always attempting to make a natural balance. Humans, thru killing off of species and ruining natural ecosystems, are destroying that balance. Elephants killing humans is an attempt of the Earth (Mother Nature... whatever) to regain that balance in some small way. Every being on the planet, whether it be a human or an elephant or a plant, is interconnected with every other being, making the individual unimportant except as it contributes to the natural balance.

Someone's been paying attention to me instead of slinging insults.

It's not the fact that I hate humanity... That.. that stems from a couple of decades of dealing with their sh** in verious forms (verious and all forms) like everyone else here. But copple that with a few of my other views and you have a general dislike and hate. Now does this mean that I'll go out and kill people with my fictional car... run over little 5 year olds like most do with squirrels purpously? No... I wouldn't even dream of doing that. (Yet I'm being called a monster... when people purpously run over squirrels I guess are fine modle citizens. *shrugs*)

I am rather tired of how humanity thinks it'self so above the rest of the other species here that if an animal strikes out at them.. it's hunted and killed as a rogue. Killed.. for doing it's natural thing. Then the thought that humanity's the only intellegent creature here. If anything I place Dolphins above humans in intellegence. Making skyscrapers, rockets and walking on the moon does not a super intelligent creature make. Just because other creatures don't... (yet then again.. there are many creatures that make "cities" in a sence to them... how come they're not intellegent? Because they haven't develoup a space program or a computer? They don't need those...)

But yes... I'm all for a return to balance. And that's why I was very vocal about how glad I am about the elephants doing what they are. Giveing humans the same courtosy that they've given them. Those who find it horrific that I don't care that women and children are being killed.. innocent ones... well, in nature.. there is no innocense. That's a human creation. And do you think those who hunted out elephants... or took what little land is left for them cared about the "innocent" females and calfs that have been lost.. Or killed for nothing more then their tusks.. Care? No. So why should these elephants care who they kill for their own veiw of revenge and balance.

That's my point. Humanity needs to come back to the balance... maybe then we can get a better understanding of the world and what's truely going on.

ahhh, but you dom't understand what those people in the villages go through...they're also trying to survive. Thats why i sided with humans. There are no poachers, no hunting, no nothing. Its is not about poachers, it about that struggling village in India! Also, we are not talking about those crazed maniacs who purposely swerve to hit squirrels and snakes on the roads! IT IS ABOUT THAT VILLAGE! THOSE PEOPLE DONT KILL ELEPHANTS! THEY NEED THAT FOOD TO SURVIVE!

Someone's been paying attention to me instead of slinging insults.

It's not the fact that I hate humanity... That.. that stems from a couple of decades of dealing with their sh** in verious forms (verious and all forms) like everyone else here. But copple that with a few of my other views and you have a general dislike and hate. Now does this mean that I'll go out and kill people with my fictional car... run over little 5 year olds like most do with squirrels purpously? No... I wouldn't even dream of doing that. (Yet I'm being called a monster... when people purpously run over squirrels I guess are fine modle citizens. *shrugs*)

I am rather tired of how humanity thinks it'self so above the rest of the other species here that if an animal strikes out at them.. it's hunted and killed as a rogue. Killed.. for doing it's natural thing. Then the thought that humanity's the only intellegent creature here. If anything I place Dolphins above humans in intellegence. Making skyscrapers, rockets and walking on the moon does not a super intelligent creature make. Just because other creatures don't... (yet then again.. there are many creatures that make "cities" in a sence to them... how come they're not intellegent? Because they haven't develoup a space program or a computer? They don't need those...)

But yes... I'm all for a return to balance. And that's why I was very vocal about how glad I am about the elephants doing what they are. Giveing humans the same courtosy that they've given them. Those who find it horrific that I don't care that women and children are being killed.. innocent ones... well, in nature.. there is no innocense. That's a human creation. And do you think those who hunted out elephants... or took what little land is left for them cared about the "innocent" females and calfs that have been lost.. Or killed for nothing more then their tusks.. Care? No. So why should these elephants care who they kill for their own veiw of revenge and balance.

That's my point. Humanity needs to come back to the balance... maybe then we can get a better understanding of the world and what's truely going on.

And how do you think we can go back to the balance? Please, certainly not by going back to the way we were...I'm heavily against that. Rather, we need less Republicans and more sensible people, and people that will push even more technologically advanced things...like electric cars, into society. And we need more caring people. See, we don't have to go back to the dark ages to be at one with nature you know. :yes:

I never said to go back to living in huts... just go back to the balance. ;)

Sorry.. that line won't work on me. Humans are animals.. no more.. no less. Their lives are no more importaint the the elephants that desided to finaly give a bloody force that has been shown to them.

This is just a reminder.. that we're *not* so far above other animals that we can just take them for granted. Humans were.. and are... just soft skinned prey animals.

Prove that we are animals. I belive that Humans are above animals, though I do like animals.

BTW i'm pretty sure that elephants do not have the mental capability to be fighting for a cause other than what instinct tells them.

and here's my hypothesis: India has about 1 Billion people, now when you try to house 1 billion people or over in one nation, you are gonna have problems. so people are probably have to resort to open fields for settlement (AKA: Their territory).

I seriously doubt that elephants are "joining together" to exact revenge on poachers.

Now see, Richdog, I'm not with this growing trend of "human haters" I've hated humanity for about 20 years now. *shrugs* And well, I see this as tit for tat.

Humanity's killed how many "innocent" mothers, fathers, babies of all other animal species on this planet. Stolen land from them... and well Barman said it best. So, I see no problem when another species finally get it in their minds to retaliate.

And I definitely do not people are the most intelligent creature on this planet. Maybe the third of fourth...

I don't feel sorry for these poor innocent humans. They're not innocent... *shrugs*

:huh: wow!

animal kills human baby, *yay good for you animal*

humans kill deer: *DANM YOU HUMANITY! DANM YOU TO HELL!!!!!*

think about what you are saying. if you hate humanity,dont you hate yourself? :hmm: I assume you are a human,correct?

cause with these dolphins on the internet now-a-days, you can just never tell!

Edited by PadawanOsswe

Prove that we are animals. I belive that Humans are above animals, though I do like animals.

BTW i'm pretty sure that elephants do not have the mental capability to be fighting for a cause other than what instinct tells them.

and here's my hypothesis: India has about 1 Billion people, now when you try to house 1 billion people or over in one nation, you are gonna have problems. so people are probably have to resort to open fields for settlement (AKA: Their territory).

I seriously doubt that elephants are "joining together" to exact revenge on poachers.

do you know 100% for sure that animals lack the mental capacity to plan and are only acting on instincts (i mean like that mother elephant story i posted earlier in this thread, unless the elephants have an instinct for revenge and an instinct telling that it was the exact same train i highly doubt it was just instincts) you are just assuming how animals act, unless your an elephatn you can not judge what their mental capability is

yes, elephnats have more than enough mental capacity to do that! They weep and mourn for the dead. They hinor the dead. They can go and exact "revenge" if they wanted to! BUT I HAVE TO CORRECT THIS ON NOTION PEOPLE HAVE IN THIS THREAD, there are no poachers!!!!!!!! leave them out of this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The elephants werent even trying to exact revenge, they were looking for a lost little one.

Frog... it's not just in Northern India. It's in quite a few areas, inclueding areas that has poaching.

Frog... it's not just in Northern India. It's in quite a few areas, inclueding areas that has poaching.

yeah but innocents are still getting killed.

in a country of 1 Billion, you dont have many places to settle :hmm:

and yeah I know elephants cry, but I highly doubt they can exact revenge. its just that people are settleing in their territory (which I cant blame the people for) and had a baby elephant in possesion.

Edited by PadawanOsswe

Good for the elephants indeed :) I just hope people won't start hunting them down now even more though

Good for the elephants indeed :) I just hope people won't start hunting them down now even more though

So you hope that instead of hunting them down to defend themselves, they will just let the elephants kill them...? Duh, I dont know about hunt em down since the elephants are coming to them, but Im sure eventually someones gonna fight back against the elephants. Heck, if I was about to be trampled I'd shoot. O-o Just sayin.

why are people acting like this is a revolution?

IT'S NOT SOME ELEPHANT REVOLUTION! THEY DONT HAVE THE INTELLIGENCE TO START ONE!

@ Silver cougar....that my friend, is called must...(right spelling?) India is the only place where a herd of Elephanst tore through a village...THE POINT OF THIS THREAD

@Padawan, they didnt purposely capture a little one, they accidently killed it...the best way to use it was to eat it...ALSO, it is not a revolution, it is just conflict between to parties...

@ Silver cougar....that my friend, is called must...(right spelling?) India is the only place where a herd of Elephanst tore through a village...THE POINT OF THIS THREAD

@Padawan, they didnt purposely capture a little one, they accidently killed it...the best way to use it was to eat it...ALSO, it is not a revolution, it is just conflict between to parties...

I know, I was just telling people that its not a revolution because they sure scream like it is one!

don't worry, WE'VE GOT THE BOMB PEOPLE!

I bet those elephants wish they evolved with opposable thumbs

Edited by bathory

Guest Mr.vort

You see I agree with Koume and Silvercougar.....Humans need to pay for what thier doing but they shouldnt group them all together...

Damn. I'm glad I live in a place where the only elephants are in the zoo.

edit -

don't worry, WE'VE GOT THE BOMB PEOPLE!

I bet those elephants wish they evolved with opposable thumbs

:lol:

Edited by riotboy555