Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Israelis urge U.S. to stop Iran's nuke goals

Celumnaz

You're the same Stellar as I think sanchera is. What's your excuse for not approving of the war on terror or Iraq???

Did I say I dont approve of the war on Iraq? Stop deflecting the question. I asked you why dont you enlist and go help your soldiers out instead of claiming that others are afraid of war and dont lift a finger to help anyone outside of their family?

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Babs

• Stellar

• Erikl

• Dr_Strangelove

I've never equated Iranian society with German society.

How can you twist one's word so throughtly, when I have said over and over how deeply I respect the Iranian people, how I consider and know all about it's tradition of religious and ethnic tolerance, and how I emphesized the only guilty player in modern Iran is the religious regime established there 26 years ago?

I didn't twist your words and I deeply appreciate the respect you express. Your statements just seem a bit contradictory to me and maybe you can help clear that contradiction. In one place you talk of Iran not being a democracy and the people not being in line with the government, and in another you talk of the Nazis having enjoyed the support of the Germans and having won their democratic votes. So how can the two regimes and situations be compared when they have absolutely nothing to do with each other in their socio-political nature, time and space? :unsure2: And yet you manage to equate them somehow. I think it is much easier to understand different situations (and regimes) in their own context instead of blurring them even more with invalid comparisons. :yes:

Would you consider the EU to be one of those dark regimes?

If they built walls I would, but are they? :o

How about the US and Mexican governments?

If both sides want it so be it; but personally I find it a failure of civilization and dialogue if walls need to be built between nations and cultures.

Being that Iran is against Israel's existance of any sort, one wouldn't be surprised that it'll be against that border as well.

My posts here are only on behalf of Zephyr and not Iran. I'm not as much against borders (although I don't care much for them either), as I am against walls erected to separate people along the lines of idealogy, nationalitiy or race.

Your statements just seem a bit contradictory to me and maybe you can help clear that contradiction. In one place you talk of Iran not being a democracy and the people not being in line with the government, and in another you talk of the Nazis having enjoyed the support of the Germans and having won their democratic votes.

Their not contradictory, because the two statements aren't connected - I was speaking about the Germans voting the Nazis in a different discussion which was held in this thread with Baku and Babs.

That's what happening when you go off-topic in threads, I guess :P.

If they built walls I would, but are they?

Yep on their eastern border and around their african enclaves Ceuta and Menila.

If both sides want it so be it; but personally I find it a failure of civilization and dialogue if walls need to be built between nations and cultures.

The world doesn't work that way.

Every country has the right to defend itself by building a basic structure as a border.

The fact that one side of the conflict doesn't respect the other side's right to exist\live at all, doesn't compell the other side to continue be exposed to ruthless attacks on it's citizens.

Sometimes dialogues just aren't possible for a defined period.

Now if my country would have clustered all or many Palestinians around, and forcly moved them out in order to create a security space between Israeli and Palestinian communities - then I would consider it to be a crime.

Being that all my country is doing is puting Israeli cities and villages behind a border to defend them against suicide bombers' infeltrations, I see to harm in such an action. We are not touching any Palestinian house - they all stay where they are. We are merely putting an obstacle for terrorism.

Did I say I dont approve of the war on Iraq? Stop deflecting the question. I asked you why dont you enlist and go help your soldiers out instead of claiming that others are afraid of war and dont lift a finger to help anyone outside of their family?

Well do you approve of the war on terror which includes Iraq?

Well do you approve of the war on terror which includes Iraq?

I'll answer that question after you answer mine. Quit deflecting the questions.

We've played this game before Stellar. :passifier:

We've played this game before Stellar. :passifier:

Some of us don't 'enlist' to be able to support our soldiers in some very direct ways. Who is to say that Babs isn't supporting our military.

I'm not in the armed forces of the United States, never have been and they wouldn't have me anyhow, but I very directly assist the military. I wouldn't be quick to make assumptions about Babs.

For that matter I wouldn't be quick to make assumptions about anybody here!

We've played this game before Stellar.

And you always avoid answering the question. Whats the matter? Are you scared?

Some of us don't 'enlist' to be able to support our soldiers in some very direct ways. Who is to say that Babs isn't supporting our military.

She's always advocating the draft and claiming others are scared of war, so why doesnt she enlist?

And you always avoid answering the question. Whats the matter? Are you scared?

She's always advocating the draft and claiming others are scared of war, so why doesnt she enlist?

Hmm well you do have a point there, without any action words are worth nothing. But back to topic guys.

Edited by Baku

We have done this game before and my beef is that many bleeding hearts are just that_A BUNCH OF WORDS! Hot air. Their real motive is to 'not' go to war! Bleeding hearts are not willing to risk a bleeding body for their country. But, hey, they still live here on our soil, and breathe our air, and reap the benefits. Parasites.

I am willing to go to war for my country. How come some of you are not? And don't give that 'against the war' crap.

....granted, there are a few bleeding hearts, here, that actually believe the war is wrong. And are willing to fight for their country, if they thought it was right in their minds. But most bleeding hearts, here, are whinny little... :yes::tu:

Edited by Babs

....granted, there are a few bleeding hearts, here, that actually believe the war is wrong. And are willing to fight for their country, if they thought it was right in their minds. But most bleeding hearts, here, are whinny little...

Babs, being that I'm a soldier myself, and although I've been in service just 6 months, the kind of conflict my country is involved in has brought me into some harsh places on this planet.

I can tell you now that waging war is far easier than fighting it.

Participating in war, taking arms and do whatever war makes you do because of love to your country and more importantly and relevant to the field - out of comitment to your comrades, is anything but easy.

You say you are willing to fight for your country.

That's honourable. But do you know what the cost is?

I hold respect to the non-fighting population in countries such as the US, and so should you. Their country haven't called them to defend itself, which means there is no reason they should stop their daily lives. If your country would get to the point where indeed the draft would be activated, then it'll be somewhat of an achievement to your enemies.

If you'll ever enlist, when you'll walk around the streets of your town, and look at the kids, teenagers, lovers, students, hard workers etc. who can live their lives normally thanks to your sacrifice, you'll understand what it is you were fighting for.

That's not what I am talking about. I hold respect for the non-fighting population_ the ones that will fight if need be. Not the ones who skip town (country) when war breaks out... or tries to stay out of the armed forces with a fake peace philosophy, engineered to keep them out of harm's way. Or the ones that politic to stop the country from getting into a conflict (that will save our lives in the long run) so they don't have to go to war.

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. :angry2:

Edited by Babs

Bleeding hearts are not willing to risk a bleeding body for their country.

Kind of hypocritical of you, isnt it? I dont see you enlisting and willing to risk your body for your country... You're a parasite yourself.

I am willing to go to war for my country.

Then ENLIST.

Stellar....how old are you? :devil:

.... DUH.

........I'm a baby boomer....and a woman. I don't think they want baby boomer women enlisting right now.

:tu::w00t::lol:

........I'm a baby boomer....and a woman. I don't think they want baby boomer women enlisting right now.

excuses excuses. Why dont you try? You want other people to sign up, but you dont want to even try? I think you're scared and hypocritical.

Stellar....Hey, I got my gun and I'm on the ready! Can't you fix me up with an enlistment office? You were a soldier weren't you... or maybe I got you mixed up with someone braver.

:lol:

Hey, I got my gun and I'm on the ready! Can't you fix me up with an enlistment office?

You're ready? Sure doesnt look like it. And you mean to tell me you cant find an elistment office?

You were a soldier weren't you... or maybe I got you mixed up with someone braver.

Whats that supposed to mean?

Their not contradictory, because the two statements aren't connected - I was speaking about the Germans voting the Nazis in a different discussion which was held in this thread with Baku and Babs.

That's what happening when you go off-topic in threads, I guess :P.

Yep on their eastern border and around their african enclaves Ceuta and Menila.

The world doesn't work that way.

Every country has the right to defend itself by building a basic structure as a border.

The fact that one side of the conflict doesn't respect the other side's right to exist\live at all, doesn't compell the other side to continue be exposed to ruthless attacks on it's citizens.

Sometimes dialogues just aren't possible for a defined period.

Now if my country would have clustered all or many Palestinians around, and forcly moved them out in order to create a security space between Israeli and Palestinian communities - then I would consider it to be a crime.

Being that all my country is doing is puting Israeli cities and villages behind a border to defend them against suicide bombers' infeltrations, I see to harm in such an action. We are not touching any Palestinian house - they all stay where they are. We are merely putting an obstacle for terrorism.

You have been comparing Iran with Nazi germany, take a look at your own posts if you have forgotten. However, the fact that you now say there are no connections between your statements that I had quoted shows that you have realized the invalidity of those comparisons and that's a good thing.

The Spanish enclaves in Africa are remainders of old colonialism and far from being an example of civilized human behaviour. They should be given back to the Africans who are their rightful owners; that way the Europeans wouldn't have to resort to primitive acts such as building walls on other continents in this day and age. :rolleyes:

All those who built walls throughout history had their own reasons and justifications for doing so, but those justifications don't change the fact that such acts are a step backward and an obvious obstacle to real peace and understanding. Walls might give their builders a false sense of security in short-term, but they certainly don't resolve conflicts in long-term. To do that one needs to treat the roots of the conflicts instead of prescribing short-sighted pseudo-solutions which themselves often end up as integral parts of those conflicts.

Hey, there is this giant earthquake in Pakistan. I remember when the terrorists were laughing and praising hurricane Katrina's effect on the U.S.. Now it's our turn! Hey, do you think the Al Qaeda boyx were buried?! :w00t::tu:

I think it is terrible, the tragedy and the people who were killed....I heard thirty thousand died. The news said that the way we conduct the war on terror will be changed, now, because of this giant earthquake. Yeah! Lots of terrorists are dead! Maybe even Osama Bin Laden has gone under. There is a silver lining.

:):tu:

...some of us know that the Al Qaeda is hold up in Pakistan....many on the border.

The U.S. stands ready to help Pakistan as they helped us with hurricane Katrina.

Edited by Babs

:no:

Another post, another chance to avoid answering the question, eh babs?

Me and sanchera will go to the enlistment office. How about it sanchera? :D Funny part is they'd probably take her...and she doesn't want to go.

Back to topic.

Edited by Babs

Me and sanchera will go to the enlistment office. How about it sanchera? :D Funny part is they'd probably take her...and she doesn't want to go.

Back to topic.

THen do it.

Are you trying to get rid of me? :D

...I don't think sanchera will do it. :P

Edited by Babs

You have been comparing Iran with Nazi germany, take a look at your own posts if you have forgotten. However, the fact that you now say there are no connections between your statements that I had quoted shows that you have realized the invalidity of those comparisons and that's a good thing.

The Spanish enclaves in Africa are remainders of old colonialism and far from being an example of civilized human behaviour. They should be given back to the Africans who are their rightful owners; that way the Europeans wouldn't have to resort to primitive acts such as building walls on other continents in this day and age. :rolleyes:

All those who built walls throughout history had their own reasons and justifications for doing so, but those justifications don't change the fact that such acts are a step backward and an obvious obstacle to real peace and understanding. Walls might give their builders a false sense of security in short-term, but they certainly don't resolve conflicts in long-term. To do that one needs to treat the roots of the conflicts instead of prescribing short-sighted pseudo-solutions which themselves often end up as integral parts of those conflicts.

I agree with the 'wall thing' you just described, and in a perfect world, like the one you are describing (sitting down and getting at the root of the problem), would be a winner. However, in this world and time, nothing and nobody has come upon a solution. In the mean time, building a wall will save lives.

...actually I don't see these peoples' ever coming together because you know that Hamas and Hezbolah and all those terrorists don't want peace. They want to get rid of Israel.

Edited by Babs

Are you trying to get rid of me? :D

...I don't think sanchera will do it. :P

Whats your problem Babs? Scared of joining? You want other people to put themselves at risk while you sit back in the safety of your own home, cheering them on? Why dont you get up there yourself?