Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Israelis urge U.S. to stop Iran's nuke goals

Celumnaz

Hey guys me and my friends were debating the other day and since you are all talking about militairy here, I have a quick question. How many times a day do the US soldiers get meals? How many times do they take a shower? And how many casualties are there during the training on the avarage a year? Sorry to go off topic but these questions have been wondering arround in my mind all day, I just need a good answer :)

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Babs

• Stellar

• Erikl

• Dr_Strangelove

US soldiers are supposed to get 3 meals a day, but in a combat situation that goes out the window. Usually they try to carry 2 MREs(portable food) in their packs so that they can have some food during the day...

Showers during normal times(not during combat or field training) are available daily. Again during combat or field training that goes out the window. Often there are no showers available in the field(and obviously none in combat), so a soldier can go days or weeks with little more than a gallon or so of water a day to take a quick sponge bath...sometimes not even that.

Deaths in training occur regularly both stateside and in foreign countries. If you google the list of casualties in the latest war, you can sometimes see the cause of death listed. Traing deaths happen quite often as live training is very dangerous. The exact number I am not sure of.

looking for a nice table with the training casualty stats. Closest I've found so far is: http://web1.whs.osd.mil/MMID/CASUALTY/manner.htm

WORLDWIDE U.S. ACTIVE DUTY MILITARY NONHOSTILE

DEATHS BY MANNER

PER 100,000 STRENGTH FY ----ACCIDENT---- ------ILLNESS------ ----HOMICIDE---- -SELF INFLICTED-

1980 76.9 19.6 7.9 11.5

1981 73.8 22.7 7.7 11.6

1982 71.1 20.7 5.4 11.5

1983 66.4 19.5 5.4 11.1

1984 62.4 17.7 4.4 10.1

1985 56.5 18.6 4.5 12.7

1986 67.9 16.6 5.3 12.1

1987 53.9 18.3 4.5 12.1

1988 51.6 15.2 4.6 13.6

1989 49.6 14.2 2.8 10.4

1990 42.3 13.5 3.5 12.2

1991 46.9 16.3 5.4 11.7

1992 39.4 14.0 6.2 12.3

1993 39.4 12.6 5.2 14.4

1994 34.0 13.5 5.3 14.3

1995 37.7 11.0 3.9 15.9

1996 35.2 12.2 4.4 14.3

1997 32.2 12.3 3.0 11.1

1998 30.2 12.1 2.1 11.6

1999 30.7 9.8 2.5 8.8

What I've been told about meals/showers pretty much is what Fluffy said. Under normal circumstances I hear 3 meals and 2 showers. When training/in action meals are much rarer and showers a luxury.

What I've been told about meals/showers pretty much is what Fluffy said. Under normal circumstances I hear 3 meals and 2 showers. When training/in action meals are much rarer and showers a luxury.

Two showers? :o

You lucky b*******!

Though we get in addition to those 3 meals a day an extra two "snacks" (between breakfast and lunch time, and between lunch and dinner) :P.

You are going to become a soldier as soon as you go to college? Wow, can that be considered hypocritical by UM standards??

Why would that be hypocritical?

Though we get in addition to those 3 meals a day an extra two "snacks" (between breakfast and lunch time, and between lunch and dinner)

Damn you. It would have been great to get snacks like that. In the field, we had our own candy with us, but in garrison... 3 meals... thats all. Untill the last week in garrison when we finally got to go to the macdonalds right across the street! Then during our off hourse, thats where we spent our time.

Oh, and it would be very much appreciated if everyone could get back on track and try to stay on topic of Iran and their nuclear goals. Thank you.

...I feel more noble already.

Suit yourself. You have a double standard. I hope you don't take that double standard to work with you. You know...

*I'll save this person in this burning building, but not that one in that building.*

You seem to have your own rules.

.......you can't count on fairness around here.

:no:

.......(why, just look at this thread, all these people attacking one person)

Edited by Babs

Ya im wondering that as well.

~Thanato

Stellar and Thanato......Well, you guys call me a hypocrite because I believe in fighting for my country and going to war. I believe in re-enacting the draft because we need more help (out there) and our soldiers need relief. I say all this, but because I am not a soldier, you call me a hypocrite. You are a hypocrite too, then, since you talk about your views on war and you aren't a soldier, either, Thanato. All of the people on the UM board are hypocrites according to your philosophy, Stellar, because they aren't soldiers! Whether you are for the war or against it, you are a hypocrite according to you guys, if you speak out on war issues.

Maybe what you guys really mean is you don't want me to state my views; you don't like my veiwpoint!....... Because you guys can't handle my views. The reason being is because you are all scared. Really scared that you may have to fight and die.

Edited by Babs

fluffy...I hate to break this to you, but the soldier out in the field, welding the gun, isn't necessarily, the best person to ask what's best for the country.

Why would that be hypocritical?

Damn you. It would have been great to get snacks like that. In the field, we had our own candy with us, but in garrison... 3 meals... thats all. Untill the last week in garrison when we finally got to go to the macdonalds right across the street! Then during our off hourse, thats where we spent our time.

Heh we get like 1-2 meals a day at max and only 2 shower a week and this is in normal. By the way this is in the Azerbaycan army, but we are trained by Turkey, so we got the same system. They say by doing this the troops will be able to survive for 1-2 months on their own without any contection. I thought you guys had the same thing, didnt USA train the troops of Turkey?

Edited by Baku

......Well, you guys call me a hypocrite because I believe in fighting for my country and going to war.

No, we call you hypocrites because you believe others should fight for their country, but you're too scared to.

I believe in re-enacting the draft because we need more help (out there) and our soldiers need relief.

Yet you are too scared to participate and instead rather sit in the safety of your home.

You are a hypocrite too, then, since you talk about your views on war and you aren't a soldier, either, Thanato.

Nope. He's not being hypocritical.

All of the people on the UM board are hypocrites according to your philosophy, Stellar, because they aren't soldiers!

All of them that say "Gee, yeah, you people should fight for your country. Me? Ill just sit here in the comfort of my home and watch you on TV." are.

Because you guys can't handle my views.

Ahahahah, now theres a joke.

The reason being is because you are all scared. Really scared that you may have to fight and die.

Hell yes, we're scared. Whoever says they arent scared of having to fight and die is lying. The difference between people like me, and people like you, however, is that we face that fear and live with it and still do our jobs, still fight, and if need be, die. Although we do fear dying, we have to set that fear aside while we do our job, and we do do it. Ask your brother/nephew/whoever that is in Iraq if he was scared of dying and I can guarentee you he'll say that he was. You on the other hand, are also scared, except you are unwilling to fight and risk dying, you hide from having to do so with excuses... yet you hipocritically advocate that others should fight and risk themselves.

I hate to break this to you, but the soldier out in the field, welding the gun, isn't necessarily, the best person to ask what's best for the country.

And someone like you is better?

You come across as a hypocrite becuase your telling other people to go fight in a war you won't go fight in yourself. Not becuase people can't handle your opinions. Your ideas aren't scary by any means we just dont agree with them. The draft didnt really work too well the last time around and you think they should start it again. Steller has made very good points against you and all you ever say in this thread and most of the other ones in which you get yourself attacked are "your scared not me". IMO your scared to death of the terrorist which i find sad becuase thats what they wanted all along and your falling for it hook line and sinker.. The government can't always protect you babs terrorism has been around alot longer then you have been around its not going anywhere. it only changes faces . it will always exist as long as there are people who feel they aren't getting treated like they should be. it will only end when there is truly peace throughout the world which isnt happening any time soon.

Heh we get like 1-2 meals a day at max and only 2 shower a week and this is in normal. By the way this is in the Azerbaycan army, but we are trained by Turkey, so we got the same system. They say by doing this the troops will be able to survive for 1-2 months on their own without any contection. I thought you guys had the same thing, didnt USA train the troops of Turkey?

No Baku and they seem to have McDs in their bases as well... :P:cry:

Damn Americans and their burgers!

I want some in my base as well!! :ph34r:

P.S

btw, being that you are trained by Turkey, have you ever met some Israeli fellas, as we train constantly with Turkey and we train some Turkish units? B) .

Edited by Erikl

I would love to see the US get the heck out of Israels business. I understand there are very good people there(Some who even are on this board) who deserve safety and security, but that can be said of EVERY country in the world. We have stuck by Israel for a very long time, and it has cost us a great deal both financially and politically.

In my opinion Israel needs to take care of itself, and stop having us be involved in supporting it in so many of it's decisions.

Iran will be dealt with in the world forum; not just the US. The world has a stake in the outcome, and the world should come together to resolve the issue.

I agree with Fluffybunny totally. It's hard to add anything else....... B)

fluffy...I hate to break this to you, but the soldier out in the field, welding the gun, isn't necessarily, the best person to ask what's best for the country.

Nor is the person sitting at home behind the computer nice and safe. :rolleyes:

(why, just look at this thread, all these people attacking one person)

Yes, I guess that is my fault too. I can't believe how horrible a person I am that I did not save you from yourself. You of course have absolutely no fault in this matter and should be held harmless from responses to your comments. I realize that I have been hired on here as babs personal virtual bodyguard, and that I have slipped up and allowed you to be responded to in this thread.

I can't believe how rude people are to think that they can just respond to you. It is just a crime against humanity and more specifically you, that so many people would dare to disagree with you. How horrible it must be for you.

With the hundreds of times that you have been in this very same situation, I would have assumed that you would realize how things like this go, but obviously not.

Blame me if you wish, if it makes you feel better.

So here it goes:

Everyone here, I am now demanding that you all stop picking on(and requesting justification for her statements) babs and her opinions, please remember that babs opinion is beyond response and/or reproach.

From this day forward babs is not to be picked on, harrassed, spoken to, annoyed, spoken down to, responded to, attacked, singled out, upset, or held responsible for the results of her posts.

Am I clear?

Oh, and please get back on topic.

Oh and P.S. before anyone tries to throw the hypocrate card at me....... I've been in the military for 29 years now, so I've seen a thing or two..or three...

the NNPA has to be renewed this year or next anyways...

Im in model UN and we're doing Nuclear non-proliferation....

either we renew NNPA or make a new one so Iran, India, Pakistan and North Korea agree

How do you know I haven't joined the army?

Do i said anything about you? :rolleyes::tu:

Stellar: I know by a very reliable info. Draft and conscription doesnt get good results. Usually the troop arent soo moralized than a profesional soldier, they get worse and less intensive trining, and they tend to die and be wounded more than a profesional soldier. Yes, whit the draft you get quantity, but not quality, something very usefull in the modern battlefield, specially in the urban one.

You come across as a hypocrite becuase your telling other people to go fight in a war you won't go fight in yourself. Not becuase people can't handle your opinions. Your ideas aren't scary by any means we just dont agree with them. The draft didnt really work too well the last time around and you think they should start it again. Steller has made very good points against you and all you ever say in this thread and most of the other ones in which you get yourself attacked are "your scared not me". IMO your scared to death of the terrorist which i find sad becuase thats what they wanted all along and your falling for it hook line and sinker.. The government can't always protect you babs terrorism has been around alot longer then you have been around its not going anywhere. it only changes faces . it will always exist as long as there are people who feel they aren't getting treated like they should be. it will only end when there is truly peace throughout the world which isnt happening any time soon.

Oh my god, another bleeding heart.

I am not scared, but if you want to believe that, be my guest. :D You are afraid of my viewpoint, pure and simple. You guys can't handle it. :passifier: You try to make me out to be a hypocrite because you can't stand to hear what I say. And you pray, what I say, doesn't catch on, because that means you all will be drafted.

Hey, I tell it like it is. :P

I ask you, now, would you guys rather me not be honest? :rolleyes:B):yes:

You are afraid of my viewpoint, pure and simple. You guys can't handle it.

Yeah, that IS the reason! Us military types whos jobes it is to face enemy fire, who voluntairly joined, btw, sure are scared of your viewpoint. :rolleyes:

You try to make me out to be a hypocrite because you can't stand to hear what I say.

I can stand it, but I told like it, but that is not why I acll you a hypocrite. I call you a hypocrite because you are one.

Stellar: I know by a very reliable info. Draft and conscription doesnt get good results. Usually the troop arent soo moralized than a profesional soldier, they get worse and less intensive trining, and they tend to die and be wounded more than a profesional soldier. Yes, whit the draft you get quantity, but not quality, something very usefull in the modern battlefield, specially in the urban one.

Im quite aware of that. Im not really commenting on whether the draft is needed or not though. Nevertheless, there are some times when you need the numbers at the expense of quality.

my post on katrina

thats my post with regards to katrina.

i was out of the country , in cuba actually , the entire time katrina was really blowing up , so wasnt much chance for me to post on it, although why i should feel the need to post about my compassion when you stated that the earthquake in pakistan was a good thing cause a couple of terrorists may/may not have died is beyond me.

if you look actually you'll see ive not been around much at all , been far too busy.

you made a senseless , stupid comment at an innaplpropiate time that had no place on a forum.

and because i havent been on TV with a save america t-shirt you label me the heartless one.

my post on katrina

thats my post with regards to katrina.

i was out of the country , in cuba actually , the entire time katrina was really blowing up , so wasnt much chance for me to post on it, although why i should feel the need to post about my compassion when you stated that the earthquake in pakistan was a good thing cause a couple of terrorists may/may not have died is beyond me.

if you look actually you'll see ive not been around much at all , been far too busy.

you made a senseless , stupid comment at an innaplpropiate time that had no place on a forum.

and because i havent been on TV with a save america t-shirt you label me the heartless one.

Oh no, you aren't getting away with that this time. You have been very boisterous about your anti-americanism. There was hurricane Rita, too. What happened there? In another country??

And you know darned well I didn't say-- again-- that I wanted those poor Pakistanians to die. If you want to portray me as the wicked witch of the UM board, that's okay, but you certainly don't want us to believe that you are Mr. Goodie Two Shoes, do you? B) I'd say you are more like 'the familiar' (cat- the witch uses to do perform her evil deeds with...or any individual close to the witch who is in league with the devil--actually worse than the witch).

Why don't you tell everyone about your anti-american feelings, god knows, you have put us americans down for the last two years I have been on the board. You have even admitted it, haven't you? What, going back on that now?

.....I just read your post on Katrina. I remember being so upset back then that I guess I forgot about this lone post of yours, but I do remember it. It struck me odd, at the time you posted it, that you seemed to be more interested in bad weather happening all over the globe than you were in our (U.S.) plight. When England had their terror attack, I was the first one to post that our country was sending an FBI team to help England.... and that the U.S. stood ready to help the UK in any way it could. I made post after post.

Now, I ask you wunarmdscissor, which one of us is the better soul?

Edited by Babs

find a post where i have said i was anti-american.

i didnt exactly come on here weeping about the pakastanis did i lol.

i dont particularly think that it makes much difference what you come on and say in some internet forum , i generally dont post condolences in any grand way .

im pretty sure me posting about new orleans wouldnt have made much difference to the american public mind you the money i sent wouldve.

and BTW , i post more about terrosit attack etc becuas ethey are completley different to natural disasters. natural disasters happen , its terrible. the reason new orleans got it so bad was because you have an incompetent govt and leader but thats another story..

go post a quote where i have stated that i was antiamerican, if not stop making random bull**** up.

i mean your going on about cats and witches like a complete half-wit when your own post back there is in black and white lol

I asked Baku to go and look at the thread on the earthquake of Paksistan, and he did, but I guess you are afraid to look. So I bring it to you. After our hurricanes, I can relate to this better than you can and it is a horrible thing to happen. You are too lazy to look on that thread or....(and this is the most likely reason), it wouldn't look good for your stance. B)

here

In answer to your last post....I go on about you making me out to be the bad guy, because that is exactly what you do. You make it up in your mind and then try to argue it. :lol:

.....and in answer to your last post, again. You call me heartless?!... you just posted how heartless you really are.

Edited by Babs