Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Israelis urge U.S. to stop Iran's nuke goals

Celumnaz

ha celumnaz as soon as i posted it i was waiting for someone to post that lol....

wot and becomea soldier like you have ?

BTW im not anti - american.

IM COMPLETLEY ANTI-BUSH

there is a big difference.

When are you going to go out and get a job? Get a job that helps your brothers and sisters......you know mankind?

......And when will you become a soldier? Stellar requires us to be soldiers if we talk about the war.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Babs

• Stellar

• Erikl

• Dr_Strangelove

The overarching threat is truly global in proportion. Prevailing in the midst of a nuclear war will amount to simply surviving. If just one nuclear weapon is used in an aggressive action, the world as we know it will be destroyed within hours if not minutes.

There is no such thing as "Limited Nuclear War."

Quotes:

"If you give a man the correct information for seven years, he may believe the incorrect information on the first day of the eighth year when it is necessary, from your point of view, that he should do so. Your first job is to build the credibility and the authenticity of your propaganda, and persuade the enemy to trust you although you are his enemy."

- A Psychological Warfare Casebook

Operations Research Office

Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore (1958)

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

- General Douglas MacArthur

"By way of deception, thou shalt do war."

- Israel's Mossad

"Civilization is the encouragement of differences. Civilization thus becomes a synonym of democracy. Force, violence, pressure, or compulsion with a view to conformity, is both uncivilized and undemocratic."

- Mahatma (Mohandas) Gandhi

"Memory, like fire, is radiant and immutable while history serves only those who seek to control it, those who douse the flame of memory in order to put out the dangerous fire of truth. Beware of these men for they are dangerous themselves and unwise. Their false history is written in the blood of those who might remember and of those who seek the truth."

- Albert Hostein

Thank you for those eye-openers.

The first quote reminds me of zephyr and how I worry that he is leading us all down the garden path. I am concerned about Iran and what zephyr says the people feel there. He talks about the people being more into independence and democracy than we realize, but unfortunately the people aren't in control.

I am still looking for that paraphrase on war and how outside threats, or what is perceived as outside threats, manipulate a country and it's people, to maintain control.

Edited by Babs

You have put everything into perspective. You are right, if just one nation let's go of the missiles, we are all doomed. That is why it is very necessary to not let WMD get into the hands of terrorists....or a hostile nation which is backing terrorism, such as Iran.

I have a site, it is exactly what we are talking about (the end with missiles), and they put it in a funny way. Sorry, I don't want to post anything against the rules. This site has curse words, so I won't post it, but I will give you the link. It is well worth the look-see.

albinoblacksheep.com/flash/end.php :w00t:

Edited by Babs

Stellar requires us to be soldiers if we talk about the war.

Talk about the war all you like, but before telling others that they should sign up and go fight for their country, enlist yourself.

Somebody has to keep the country going there, Stellar. The soldier can't be in two places at once.

And the soldier is not the best person to ask what the country should do...or what the politics should be.

Somebody has to keep the country going there, Stellar.

Yes... apparently someone other than you.

The soldier can't be in two places at once.

What are you talking about now?

And the soldier is not the best person to ask what the country should do...or what the politics should be.

And you are better suited to do so?

Yes... apparently someone other than you.

What are you talking about now?

And you are better suited to do so?

Someone has to keep the country running... and a soldier is out fighting the war, therefore he can't be at home running the country...... can he? A soldier can't be in two places at once. How many times do I have to explain? Let me know when it sinks in.

Of course, I am better suited. I think I am older and wiser than your average soldier. Everyone has a role to play, Stellar... someday you will learn that.

Edited by Babs

This is all very interesting. I am at home reading this and in a few weeks I will be back travelling amidst the fields that contain the silos. Any one of these concrete emplacements contains more firepower than any single war in history. I know many of the men and women who maintain and guard these weapons. I also know a few of them who will launch them if the right alert arrives. I really don't think any of them want too. I also know that ig given a viable option they would disarm these weapons. We spend far more gold and national worth on these things than can be quantified in any budget statement. The problems in discarding them are almost as great as keeping them.

It always bothers me that so much hatred exists in the world. It the hatred that keeps these weapons in being. I wished that more peaceful discussion could take place to allow these weapons to be dismantled.

Until then I do what I do. I'll keep watching your discussions with intent interest.

Someone has to keep the country running... and a soldier is out fighting the war, therefore he can't be at home running the country...... can he? A soldier can't be in two places at once. How many times do I have to explain? Let me know when it sinks in.

And whats your point? We all know no one can be at two places at once...

Of course, I am better suited. I think I am older and wiser than your average soldier.

Older? Older than some. Wiser? Dont make me laugh.

Everyone has a role to play, Stellar... someday you will learn that.

Yes, apparently you have the role of the clown, judging from your posts.

Of course, I am better suited. I think I am older and wiser than your average soldier. Everyone has a role to play, Stellar... someday you will learn that.

I don't think I have ever laughed so hard in my life.

Even if you are older than some, it has absolutely no bearing on how wise you are in regards to what is best for the a soldier, an Army, or a country. The fact that you think it does goes to prove the point that has passed over your head repeatedly in this discussion.

Thanks for the laugh though, I did need it.

Notice to wunarmdscissor....

wun, you will have another chance to give your condolences, another hurricane is coming.

This is all very interesting. I am at home reading this and in a few weeks I will be back travelling amidst the fields that contain the silos. Any one of these concrete emplacements contains more firepower than any single war in history. I know many of the men and women who maintain and guard these weapons. I also know a few of them who will launch them if the right alert arrives. I really don't think any of them want too. I also know that ig given a viable option they would disarm these weapons. We spend far more gold and national worth on these things than can be quantified in any budget statement. The problems in discarding them are almost as great as keeping them.

It always bothers me that so much hatred exists in the world. It the hatred that keeps these weapons in being. I wished that more peaceful discussion could take place to allow these weapons to be dismantled.

Until then I do what I do. I'll keep watching your discussions with intent interest.

I think what you do is a very important job and what you have brought to the board is very interesting and meaningful information. Please stay with us and keep us abreast.

I don't think I have ever laughed so hard in my life.

Even if you are older than some, it has absolutely no bearing on how wise you are in regards to what is best for the a soldier, an Army, or a country. The fact that you think it does goes to prove the point that has passed over your head repeatedly in this discussion.

Thanks for the laugh though, I did need it.

Well, you're welcome, fluffy, you have made me laugh too, in the past... and I sure did need it.

I really like the part about you being an UN-biased moderator! :lol: And how you never let your political views influence your treatment of any UM members. :lol:

........don't EVER let anyone accuse you of having a double standard or being unfair! :tu:

Now, I'm laughing so hard. It's a great way to start a day.

zep....I told you what our political or propaganda machine is telling us, right now, could you tell me more of what your political or propaganda machine saying? What are the newspapers saying and what is 'out on the streets' about our country and what's going on in Syria?

I will be aware of the insurgents who are captured and their nationalities. Interesting.

You know if you and your country are aware of what the mullahs are doing and they are putting terrorists out there, in Iraq, to kill us, then doesn't that make you the bad guy? Doesn't that make all your talk and Iran's talk a smokescreen? ...... (assuming that is what's going on, of course).

It's easy to figure out what 'our' propaganda machine is saying with the use of a simple formula; take what 'your' propaganda machine pops out, replace the word 'Iran' with 'US' and vice versa, and you got it. :D

The newspapers? that's a different story than the evening news on tv. Some papers in Iran have fortunately a more realistic approach to the problems, one gets more detailed and precise information out of them, just like in the West where one is usually brainwashed by the tv, but if you're looking for a more balanced knowledge on a situation, you're more likely to find it in a paper. :yes:

There's nothing bad about your country out in th streets, it's on the tv that's pretty bad, but then people tend not to go for everything that comes out of the tv, contrary to some whose opinions seem to be a repetition of last night's news; and that's not meant for you, Babs. ;)

People in the streets have so many more urgent concerns of their own that issues regarding Syria don't really stick out as major ones, just another country that's not a US ally and/or puppet and therefore is a target of heavy propaganda and threats; nothing new and exciting about that, is there? :rolleyes: Just don't let the lunatics make you believe that another bloody war (against Syria this time), could make the problems they face in Iraq go away, they'd just be creating another playground to play cat and mouse with the new 'terrorists' that they would have created, and guess who's going to end up paying for their silly and cynical games as usual.

My talk is a smokescreen? For what? You think I'm putting terrorists out there in Iraq to kill you and then coming on here to fool you about it, don't you Babs? Your imagination is what makes chatting with you so exciting! :innocent: I think those who put the terrorists in Iraq are much closer to you and your country than you imagine. The directions fingers point at can be very misleading, especially if those fingers belong to known warmongers struggling to deviate attention from their own failures. :rolleyes:

When are you going to go out and get a job? Get a job that helps your brothers and sisters......you know mankind?

......And when will you become a soldier? Stellar requires us to be soldiers if we talk about the war

i have a job you moron. lol.

babs you are acting like a child.

oooh look i can post better condolonced than you....

i happen to beleive that me posting a condolence on UM makes no differnce to ne1 affrect by nething around the world.

my condolences are mainly to the american people for allowing george bush to beomce their leader.

i have a job you moron. lol.

babs you are acting like a child.

oooh look i can post better condolonced than you....

i happen to beleive that me posting a condolence on UM makes no differnce to ne1 affrect by nething around the world.

my condolences are mainly to the american people for allowing george bush to beomce their leader.

My, you sure aren't hard up for names to call me. Fluffy calls me names too. Does that mean you guys are losing this battle? :lol::tu:

I think it is time I call a few names, but guess what!... if I do, the MODERATOR comes in and chastises me.... or shuts down the thread. This almost never happens when you and some others call names. Ah, but I guess it's tough all over; life's not fair.

........it is so difficult talking to toddlers.

:rolleyes::no:

zep....very interesting and I agree with you again with what you are saying. I guess we wait to see what our countries come up with. And, well, of course, it has crossed my mind that you are a disinformationist.

....... It is exciting talking to you, too, because of your level head and the uncertainty (or mystery), I sometimes sense.

...Babs :wub:B)

1. The American people did not "allow" GWB to become "their leader"; the US Supreme Court decided to ignore our Constitution and removed the citizens from the process. In addition, the Electoral College (unduly directed by the deliberate influence of globalizing, mongering Corporate Capitalists/Oligarchists) control our "democratic" voting system. The majority of Americans disapprove of President Bush.

2. "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

- H. Goering, 1945

"To those who scare peace-loving people with phantoms of lost liberty, my message is this: Your tactics only aid terrorists, for they erode our national unity and diminish our resolve."

- J. Ashcroft, 2003

My, you sure aren't hard up for names to call me. Fluffy calls me names too. Does that mean you guys are losing this battle?

what battle ?????

Babs you and I have seen eye to eye on many things in the past, but for a change I must say that if you believe in the draft you should enlist yourself.

Without doing so you are just being a hypocrite.

The USA, fortunately for you, isn't in need of a compulsory draft so people are able to use their best years to educate themselves and strengh the economy.

As long as you call for others to enlist you must show personal example by enlisting.

Believe me, the military can use all people of all ages.

I know we have seen eye too eye on alot of things, but just because you are a soldier doesn't mean that you know what's best for your country or mine. AND....I've done plenty, it's your turn young man.

.....Sorry, I disagree with you Erikl.

Edited by Babs

I know we have seen eye too eye on alot of things, but just because you are a soldier doesn't mean that you know what's best for your country or mine.

.....Sorry, I disagree with you Erikl.

No I might not know what's best for my country or yours, but soldiers all over the world, especially in countries with similar values such as the US, Canada and Israel, have some kind of knowledge about what is it to be a soldier.

I am proud of my job and I would have volunteered for the military if it wasn't compulsory. Yet I also undertstand how hard it is to be a soldier. You seem to only see the ideal side of it - because you have never experienced military life yourself.

Thus suggesting that your entire civilian population would be under the draft without actually knowing what it's like to be a soldier and live militaristic life - is hypocritic.

AND....I've done plenty, it's your turn young man.

Believe me, in the last 6 months of my military life I have done things which I politically disagreed with. Though I had to do them, because the majority of people in this country decided they want this to be done and so the military under the orders of the parliament had to follow orders.

Was I comfortable with pursuing these orders? No.

Though I volunteered for the mission, even though I politically disagreed with it.

You see being a soldier is also knowing when you must act even if you disagree with the orders as long as they do not disobey international law.

If you didn't go through this you have no idea what are the moral crisis and ideological changes which go through a soldier's mind.