Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dogs used as shark bait

__Kratos__

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jillh10

• frogfish

• Nadal

• glenndo4000

i forget where i saw the article dealing with the substitute teacher dissecting the dog in the classroom but i will try to find a link and post it when i can.

There are cultures that see cats and dogs has culinaries options...soo what?

The difference is that live dogs, for example, are having hooks driven into their snouts, thrown in water, then eaten alive by sharks who may not finish them off right away, might take off a leg... As opposed to having their pain ended immediately for culinary purposes.

French people have always sucked. Go figure...

*Officaly hates french and doesn't want to capitalize their the first letter of their name because of his -100% respect for them*

I cant believe the French are so cruel They should be trown into the sharks themselfs

I am so deaply disapointed in the French, I though they were civilized, guess we are all wrong.

Let me get this straight. Because a minority of people did this, ALL the French people are cruel, uncivilized and they basically suck? (I could have thought of a better word to use when trying to insult a Nation, but I'll refrain). Did you all read this post, from Talon:

I read last year of British tourists doing the exact same thing off the coast of some North African country (I'm pretty sure it was Tunisa), and as much as I hated those individuals I did not blame all British people. In that instance the report brought it up because some guy rescued a kitten which had been abandoned in the ocean when the sharks hadn't turned up.

Apparently what happens is people breed them and then sell them to tourists who want to go shark seeing in the Med.

Now, I don't see anyone saying that ALL the Brits suck after this being said...

I have refrained from answering this thread long enough, flame me if you will - I truly don't care - but here's a few thoughts:

To all the people who so love flaming people because of their beliefs, race, religion, etc.. please do NOT burden me with pathetic responses when someone will post something about a racist issue and say how horrible it is to be racist, etc.. because you have proven in your responses that you are indeed incapable of accepting people's beliefs, races, religions, etc...

I might not be French from France, but I am indeed, French. I am mature enough to see that most French people would not do such cruel things to animals. Along the same line, I am mature enough to keep my views open to other's cultures and even though I do not agree with the use of dogs, cats or any other animals for the use of shark fishing, I will most certainly not say that a whole Nation are nothing but imbeciles incapable of thinking about those poor pets.

I do understand that the RSPCA are going to petition the French government, but what says that the French government had heard of these practices before this issue being brought to them??

Please think before posting such preposterous responses.

PS: I am sure that if I would have said something along the line of "US people are all idiots" (which I do NOT think, so please save me the responses on this fictitious statement), I would have been shot down in an instant by most of the UM members here. I do not understand why these responses have not been dealt with by anyone "in power" at UM. That just blows my mind :( :angry2:

I agree Wabbit :tu:

I must add that I wouldn't hesitate to use the people responsible for shark bait, see how they like it :angry:

I feel physically sick, this is absolutely disgusting. How could anyone do this to dog?!?!?!? Those responsible better hope that they are dead before they ever run into me, otherwise they will end up on the end of those fish hooks!

Poor dogs.I wouldn't like to be used as shark bait

Edited by Jake Blood

I must add that I wouldn't hesitate to use the people responsible for shark bait, see how they like it :angry:

I totally agree

I'm the type of person that saves bugs from drowning when they fall into my dogs water bowl and stuff, I cannot and will never purposely harm another living thing (that doesn't deserve it) -- this gets me mad to the point of taking real action. Doing what? I dunno, but believe me I'd find these unhumans. As for the people that say it's no big deal and act like it's acceptable, this is the 2000's, and what the world revolves around now is life and communicating. Everything is about that, everyone's scared someone will shoot off nukes and end the world, PETA people are out in full force, the internet is here so that people can get a good vibe on how the world is shaping up, to connect with life. This is not the 1800's, slavery and dog fighting is not accepted anymore; even though it may happen in some parts of the world now; these people fail to connect with what the rest of the world's feeling, and therefore are not a part of LIFE. I don't care what these people's views are, because I have mine, and it is infinitely stronger than what they believe in. I for one am a person that believes torture and pain lasts eternally, and to put this sort of sadistic death on these dogs souls is breaking a sacred thing. Can they NOT see pain and anguish on the animal when they spear the thing in it's mouth? Can they not see it struggle to gasp for their last breaths of life as they drag it behind the boat? Can they not see the blood fill the water as a shark tears it up while it's still alive? How can they see all of this and believe in such a thing, don't they know what it's like to bleed, to feel pain. It's wrong. It seems like everyone is losing their compassion for life. This is what we were given, we are the only species on the earth, and it gives us the power to regulate all life here -- we're doing a pretty suck job at it.

Half are you Vegan?

If this is pertainent... I stopped eating meat in general after 9th grade when they showed some film clips about how it's made... It still grosses me out. They had a stick shoved inside a Living breathing cow that went to it's stomach, and you could see the food when he was eating... I forgot what purpose that served, and really don't care. Artificial meat is just as good, anyway, and healthier. When you eat animal you digest the cholesterol they had and everything else bad :hmm:

And really, the reason I feel this way about it is because I used to be ... pretty bad towards animals when I was younger, and I have a lot of regrets. Bad, bad stuff :(. I had a lot of demons. I just hope these guys have a change like I did.

Edited to Erease Racial Bigatry

Edited by Nadal

A dog is supposed to be mans best friend and in refurse! A dog will always be next a man till the end and this is how they repay them??

i agree Baku :cry: dogs are nothing but loyal and devoted creatures when it comes t their people. how could somebody do something so sick, to something so loving? :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Let me get this straight. Because a minority of people did this, ALL the French people are cruel, uncivilized and they basically suck? (I could have thought of a better word to use when trying to insult a Nation, but I'll refrain). Did you all read this post, from Talon:

Now, I don't see anyone saying that ALL the Brits suck after this being said...

I have refrained from answering this thread long enough, flame me if you will - I truly don't care - but here's a few thoughts:

To all the people who so love flaming people because of their beliefs, race, religion, etc.. please do NOT burden me with pathetic responses when someone will post something about a racist issue and say how horrible it is to be racist, etc.. because you have proven in your responses that you are indeed incapable of accepting people's beliefs, races, religions, etc...

I might not be French from France, but I am indeed, French. I am mature enough to see that most French people would not do such cruel things to animals. Along the same line, I am mature enough to keep my views open to other's cultures and even though I do not agree with the use of dogs, cats or any other animals for the use of shark fishing, I will most certainly not say that a whole Nation are nothing but imbeciles incapable of thinking about those poor pets.

I do understand that the RSPCA are going to petition the French government, but what says that the French government had heard of these practices before this issue being brought to them??

Please think before posting such preposterous responses.

PS: I am sure that if I would have said something along the line of "US people are all idiots" (which I do NOT think, so please save me the responses on this fictitious statement), I would have been shot down in an instant by most of the UM members here. I do not understand why these responses have not been dealt with by anyone "in power" at UM. That just blows my mind :( :angry2:

I agree. I'm affraid French-bashing is not only common among many UM members, but tolerated by many others. I advise staying out of the World Affairs thread, it seems the French are blamed for everything in there, in particular one poster who makes entire threads attacking France for no apparent reason other than he hates them. Any claims that the French people are to blame for the actions of someone (who isn't even mentioned to be French) on French-controlled island is simply racist bigotry.

Edited by Talon

Indeed.... actually since you've named him, I'll admit he was the poster I who seemed to have a new 'I hate the French and why' thread every day. Seriously that guy was nothing but a closet Nazi. I'd heard rumours of his departure, I'm glad to here its from an official source. :yes:

Unfortunately as witnessed from this thread alone many people seem to still have some narrow minded attitudes against the French. :( I don't get it, they're a democracy, they were original members of the Allies in both World Wars long before 90% of the other countries joined in to fight the baddies, they were NATO members. Why do so many people treat them as if they are some backwater, brutal dictatorship that's at war with them and hate people just for being French?

Its sick that in 2005 such bigotry still exists :no:

Also sick is that their are people who are so primitative they get enjoyment of feeding small baby domesticated animals to sharks. :cry:

Well if you think that this is bad, I remember seeing a show on Discovery a couple of years ago about people in India poaching crocs. They would take street kids(under 10 years old usually) and give them a meal to be croc bait. The kid swims around at night in the water and when a croc comes after them they are pulled in on a rope and the croc shot. The one hunter said that he loses 5 or 6 kids a year doing this but they are just street kids that no one cares about.

This is the WORST kind of cruelty to animals I have heard. Anyone involved with this action should be condemned to the same fate as they put those poor animals through. And I'd be first in line to feed them to the sharks and love it! When the petition is back up I'll sign!

God help the poor fool that I ever catch doing such a thing.....is it any wonder I hate most people? :angry:

I Agree 100% Lila. I beat a knucklehead raw for shooting a beagle that wasn't listening to him. I didn't have to wonder why either. The guy was a bad tempered ass. I spent my birthday Saturday night with 5 dogs and 1 kid around a bonfire in Penn Swamp and didn't miss people a bit.

Lapi'che ni'tis

Saw this the other day... it's completely wrong. And for anyone who dares to use the argument "well fish are used as bait, what's the difference?"... the difference is that dogs are complex organisms that feel FAR more pain than fish... as well as feeling the nasty little emotions called fear and terror. Fish do not.

They suffer in a very real sense...

FYI

Fish DO feel pain

BBC

I believe cruelty towards ANY living being is bad, not just dogs.

Are we sure this source is valid? There's no way a hook like that wouldn't rip through the dog's muzzle if it was dragged. To me the pic looks fake because there is absolutely no tearing or blood with the wound, it looks perfectly healed. Is the Sun a realiable newssource?

I'm just really hoping that this is some sort of weird, awful gag and that people would not stoop. :no: