Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dogs used as shark bait

__Kratos__

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jillh10

• frogfish

• Nadal

• glenndo4000

:hmm: Well, they just keep referencing that one article, but if the Sun's a valid source, then I guess it must be true. People never cease to disgust me anyway. <_< I just don't understand how a hook through that part of their muzzle doesn't just rip out. That's bizarre and cruel for absolutely no purpose. :no:

If this story is true. God help the people who are doing it. I'd like to hurt them in soooo many ways. None of them are pretty either. I'd like to use their hands & feet for chumming & then send them out into a feeding frenzy of sharks ALIVE!!!! :angry2: :angry2:

I don't care if they are stray animals. How can they stand to do this & think that it's OK. They have a definite screw loose. It's disgusting!!! :blink:

Also I hope that they know, what goes around comes around. I hope that they get their doseage & then some!!! I have a whole string of explatives for them!!! :angry2: :angry2:

Leave it to humans to be the most inhumane!!! This makes me sick, sick, sick!!!

40nrockinon :devil:

I actually heard this on the radio news last week.

I was listening to Forth One Radio, on the internet (you Scots will know what station I am talking about :tu: )... and I heard this.. I was sick to my stomach.. I couldn't imagine witnessing something like that... :cry:

This is so disgusting and very sad..I also know someone who comes from the Reunion Islands and I know for a fact that he would agree. It is so strange that some people do these things and not even think twice when for most it goes against every fibre in your body and soul. :no:

I don't think they troll them

I think they just throw it in the water and let it swim around

Absolutely sickening, and there needs to be prison time.

STRAY dogs are being skewered on hooks and dragged behind boats as live shark bait, The Sun can shockingly reveal.

The cruel practice takes place on French-controlled Reunion Island in the Indian Ocean, where Prince William spent two holidays.

A six-month-old labrador pup was recently found ALIVE with a huge double hook through its snout - like the dog above - and another through a leg.

The pup was found in a coastal creek and is thought to have somehow freed itself from a fishing line.

But other dogs and kittens have been chomped up and swallowed by sharks.

The RSPCA plans to petition the French government, demanding an end to the hideous torture.

Source

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:no:

:gun: let me have hold of the cruel sods....I am ashamed to be human :angry:

Something about this story doesn't seem legit.

I have been fishing a lot (not for sharks) in my day and it just doesn't seem practical to use a huge dog as bait. And if they did, the hook would be much bigger and would be more secure.

Also, a dog does not look like any natural prey of the shark. Many surfers are attacked because their wet suits make them look like seals.

I just don't see it happening. I hope I am right.

Something about this story doesn't seem legit.

I have been fishing a lot (not for sharks) in my day and it just doesn't seem practical to use a huge dog as bait. And if they did, the hook would be much bigger and would be more secure.

Also, a dog does not look like any natural prey of the shark. Many surfers are attacked because their wet suits make them look like seals.

I just don't see it happening. I hope I am right.

Hello Andy...Im sorry to tell you but...yes it is true here is the link to follow..it shows you the bloke that did it in court with his brief and the pictures of the poor dogs used

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005460101,,00.html

When a dog is hooked... it bleeds. When blood is in the water, sharks can smell it miles away.. and then they don't care what it is, they'll go for it. Sharks are even known to bite and attack eachother when they get into this frenzy.

is the SUn reliable?

it seems that the hooks are way too small for sharks, he would never catch a shark with those hooks...I have done A LOT of fishing, believe me, im a fishing nut :) . It is possible that is true, and it probably is true. WHAT AN EVIL MAN >:(

Andy R, it seems weird, but it is possible...the sharks senses blood and will eat the dog. whole chickens have been used to catch sturgeon in oregon during the 1800s

Dear Frogfish (;)),

you're very welcome :)

I still shudder at the sight of those pictures and the thought that anyone would do such a thing to any animal :(

Hello Andy...Im sorry to tell you but...yes it is true here is the link to follow..it shows you the bloke that did it in court with his brief and the pictures of the poor dogs used

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005460101,,00.html

Well, I did see the link, but I'm just not 100% convinced that it's reliable.

That hook through the little puppy's paw is WAAAYY too small.

If it is true, let's hope it's just a couple isolated incidents.

Im suprised you fools believe that. It's obviously a photoshopped picture. Anyone stupid enough to believe those mind tricks deserve to be used in the same idea they want you to believe is true. Its all fake. If it was an actual true story, it would be on every news source, with more then one stupid overused picture.

I just cannot grasp that you people believe this bull****.

Edited by Prime

they're not trying to catch the sharks, they're using the dogs as bait so that tourists can witness seeing a live shark.

I still think that if these pics and story were accurate more news-sources would have broken it than just the Sun. I think the Sun is just a tabloid mag and trying for shock story. I'm sure people do use dogs and cats for bait, I just don't think these pics are proof of that, they look very staged. As I said before, that hook would rip right out of that dog's muzzle. Give me a link where a news source other than the Sun is used as a reference and I'll re-evaluate.

When a dog is hooked... it bleeds. When blood is in the water, sharks can smell it miles away.. and then they don't care what it is, they'll go for it. Sharks are even known to bite and attack eachother when they get into this frenzy.

:w00t: Yes thats true....the other night on discovery they showed baby sharks attacking each other in the womb...glad im not a shark. :w00t:

Well, I did see the link, but I'm just not 100% convinced that it's reliable.

That hook through the little puppy's paw is WAAAYY too small.

If it is true, let's hope it's just a couple isolated incidents.

:yes: lets hope so

is the SUn reliable?

it seems that the hooks are way too small for sharks, he would never catch a shark with those hooks...I have done A LOT of fishing, believe me, im a fishing nut :) . It is possible that is true, and it probably is true. WHAT AN EVIL MAN >:(

Andy R, it seems weird, but it is possible...the sharks senses blood and will eat the dog. whole chickens have been used to catch sturgeon in oregon during the 1800s

:tu: On some things the Sun is reliable especially when it comes to animal cruelty...here is another link ...its french but its also written in english, it shows a video of some of the rescued dogs from the island..also and most important it asked for people to sign a petition to jmake it illegal for animals to be used a shark bait....i signed it we all should

Im suprised you fools believe that. It's obviously a photoshopped picture. Anyone stupid enough to believe those mind tricks deserve to be used in the same idea they want you to believe is true. Its all fake. If it was an actual true story, it would be on every news source, with more then one stupid overused picture.

I just cannot grasp that you people believe this bull****.

this is real

by and disturbing Tuesday, Oct. 04, 2005 at 3:31 PM

video and french petition: http://tinyurl.com/ccwc6

Sea Shepherd News: http://www.seashepherd.org/news/media_050818_1.html

British tabloid coverage: http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005450117,00.html & http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005450292,00.html

resources to show your disgust: http://www.petstv.com/misc/PETITION.htm

I would nt have believed it either if i had not read it on the RSPC website

Why in the world is a trashy British tabloid the only news source to cover this? That's just stupid. PETA should get behind it, or Friends of Animals, or anything more substantial than the Sun.