Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dogs used as shark bait

__Kratos__

Why in the world is a trashy British tabloid the only news source to cover this? That's just stupid. PETA should get behind it, or Friends of Animals, or anything more substantial than the Sun.

Well the sun is actually the most read newspaper in Britain. So I'm pretty sure a lot of people saw this :yes:

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jillh10

• frogfish

• Nadal

• glenndo4000

Really? I always thought it was the British version of the National Enquirer. Huh...

Why in the world is a trashy British tabloid the only news source to cover this? That's just stupid. PETA should get behind it, or Friends of Animals, or anything more substantial than the Sun.

The daily mirror covered it too

Reads title.. a little shoked reads that the animals where actually alive and...

Edited by Bahamut_0

They must be after big sharks if they are using dogs as bait. Must be after Great Whites, some people are inhumane....

This story made me more angry that I have felt for a long long time. Aaaargh!@#$!@#^$%%$&. I hope their boats sink in the midst of a shark feeding frenzy, all their homes burn down, and their wives cheat on them. After their shark-digested bodies are buried, I hope stray dogs defecate on their graves.

Quote from The Sun:

"The RSPCA plans to petition the French government, demanding an end to the hideous torture"

Try reading the "trashy" tabloid print first, yeah? The Sun is actually one of the biggest and best selling newspapers in Britain. It is also known to be quite reliable. <_<

The Sun wasn't the only newspaper to cover this story.

Yeah, well my bad. It's just every single link about this goes back to the Sun. And the title of "tabloid" doesn't usually lend itself to newsprint of impeccable journalistic integrity.

If it was linked to the Enquirer I would have the same reaction, and lots of people read it, too. :yes:

Edited by JennRose

So whats the difference between using a dog as bait, compared to using a fish as bait. The fact that the dog is alive(alledgly)? What if the dog was dead, would it be very different then. Some people keep pet fish and might think their cute and wet, just like a dog. Just questions, I dont agree with what they are doing.....

Im suprised you fools believe that. It's obviously a photoshopped picture. Anyone stupid enough to believe those mind tricks deserve to be used in the same idea they want you to believe is true. Its all fake. If it was an actual true story, it would be on every news source, with more then one stupid overused picture.

I just cannot grasp that you people believe this bull****.

Why would it NOT be believable? There's some pretty sick b******* out there! How has it OBVIOUSLY been photoshopped?

Psh ... smart-****!

Edited by Tornado

• 10 months later...

Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I wanna Kill them! Evil people! :angry2:

This story makes me angry. People eat dogs and now use them as bait. The world is really becoming a sick place, and I be more than happy to use the person who came up with this as bait. I would really like to see if he likes it. Just pure disgusting.

I know what we could use for sharkbait instead of puppies...

These fools...

People just suck sometimes; I don't get how we can all be from the same species...

I like your thinking! This would be justice. :angry:

I know what we could use for sharkbait instead of puppies...

I mean really! What idiot uses puppies for shark bait? Live puppies?! Everyone knows that there is an over-population of kittens!

This is just really sad.

I am a huge animal lover, always have been and always will be. Ask my husband...if it wasn't for his straight head and logic then we would have a mini-zoo at home by now.

The sad reality is that sick things like this happen EVERY day all around the world to animals. Us animal lovers need to do something about it and I don't mean in a PETA way either (sorry I had to throw some humor in).

There are ways for us to stop it or at least get some publicity on what is happening. I would like to recommend this site: Pet-Abuse.com.

It is a database and news source of all types of animal abuse happening all around the world. You can learn about cases that are happening in your state or country and it provides you with information on who to write to urging them to change things and give a just punishment to offenders.

Please stop by this site and take a look if you get a chance. It is appalling how much animal abuse happens every day.:hmm:

I mean really! What idiot uses puppies for shark bait? Live puppies?! Everyone knows that there is an over-population of kittens!

:angry2: I have Kittens, all birthed from a stray mother!

if i could id swear. i hate the way ppl are like this. its just sick . id love to tie the ******** to a hook and drag em along for the sharks.

Poor animals... Normally I could care less for dogs.. but the people behind that should be given the same treatment. (Yes I edited myself. Let's just say what I originally was going to post had a lot of curses)

You people need a reality check.

To all you religious people out their,

Dogs and everyother animal are below us.

We are free to do whatever we want to them,

That is why God put them on this earth, in your beliefs.

And to non religious people. Dogs are still below us.

We are the top of the food chain.

It's natural life.

Getting mad at this is like getting mad at a cat for eating a beatle.

yo incarus solo YOU need a reality check

m8 do you know how sick you sound when you say that we can do whatever we want with animals?. thats wrong. it sounds like your endorsing the whole thing and i'm not one of those people who gets stressed when i see a cat chasing a fly

seriously wrong

and iv'e always hated the french but this is a new low...completely

:angry2: (picks up shotgun...goes to france) :angry2:

You people need a reality check.

To all you religious people out their,

Dogs and everyother animal are below us.

We are free to do whatever we want to them,

That is why God put them on this earth, in your beliefs.

And to non religious people. Dogs are still below us.

We are the top of the food chain.

It's natural life.

Getting mad at this is like getting mad at a cat for eating a beatle.

Okay, for one thing. CATS ARE HUNTERS BY NATURE! Its in their genes to eat live things, but the cat would have caught this beatle on its own. The beatle would not be on the end of a hook.

No, we are not realy top of the food chain. That is a commen mistake made by many in my opinion. Yes, we have guns and other weopons but animals have claimed the lives of many humans and humans are normaly much to weak to even fight off a few coyotes!

And, is it realy natural to drag live things from a hook in the middle of some ocean? Okay, just cause adults are above children lets all go and freakin' DRAG BABIES FROM HOOKS! Hows that sound? Im sorry, but, ergh... You sicken me. And those french people sicken me.

Oh, and before I go. A lot people cant even get out of an attack by one freakin' domestic dog without some narly injuries. In my opinion, we are near the bottom or middle of the food chain. And does god realy condone the act of causing piant to others? No, he does not. Its a sin. Very bad. Think about that. :angry2:

leave him to his own menacing griffon...

lets not stoop to that level...

Edited by glenndo4000

I use fish as shark bait...Is that really any better than dogs? No.

It's all based on perspective. Many countries treat dogs as lovable family members, while others as delectable morsels.

Oh, BTW: Stop necroposting