Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sun's changes to blame for Global Warming

UM-Bot

Image credit: NASA
Image credit: NASA
Increased output from the Sun might be to blame for 10 to 30 percent of global warming that has been measured in the past 20 years, according to a new report. Increased emissions of carbon dioxide and other heat-trapping gases still play a role, the scientists say.

But climate models of global warming should be corrected to better account for changes in solar activity, according to Nicola Scafetta and Bruce West of Duke University.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Live Science

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• STIX

• AztecInca

• ROGER

• starlitkate

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHA! I win! :D this is exactly what I've been saying... if there wasn't so much greenhouse gas in the atmosphere, these changes in the temperature of the sun wouldn't affect global temperature as much as they are.

K. Ya I think most people would say that. Only ones that don't are those that really could care less. But this don't make ya einstein!!lol

:D Gee STIX , I thought you said raw onions and Bake Beans cause all the Global Warming! :nw: LOL's

^LOL! If only that were true, we could save the world 2day!

In order to study the impact of the sun on global warming a much longer time scale is required - over the last 4 billion years perhaps?

This planet has been orbiting the sun for more than 22 years. We know the sun is prone to temperature changes and therefore it is natural to assume that there is a relationship between the two. One thing is certain - we have no control over solar activity (unlike the weather).

Would it not be more worthwhile to address the issue of man's impact on global warming - something we can influence?

Ok, I didn't mean to sound high and mighty... its just that some people kept fighting what I was trying to say... and now there's some evidence that conincidentally appeared on the front page news to support my arguments... I was kinda supprised when I saw it.

In order to study the impact of the sun on global warming a much longer time scale is required - over the last 4 billion years perhaps?

This planet has been orbiting the sun for more than 22 years. We know the sun is prone to temperature changes and therefore it is natural to assume that there is a relationship between the two. One thing is certain - we have no control over solar activity (unlike the weather).

Would it not be more worthwhile to address the issue of man's impact on global warming - something we can influence?

EXACTLY, you know, I think that the sun will one day just flare up and get super hot and burn us all to hell... and maybe thats what killed the dinosaurs... but who knows, we can't count on that :P