Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

BrayRoad Werewolf

TheConductor

Im looking into any info on this. All I know that all of the sightings have taken place on Brayroad(hense the name) and that its located int the US. Im interested in the town/state. Also, I know that the poice department was issued a silver tipped hollow point bullet when the sightings were at their peek.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• snuffypuffer

• ~Onyx~

• coldethyl

• scuba0095

The first werewolf sighting to go public occurred (perhaps fittingly) on October 31, 1999. A young woman named Doristine Gipson, from nearby Elkhorn, was driving along Bray Road near Delavan. As she neared the intersection of Hospital Road, she leaned over to change the station on her radio when she felt her right front tire jump off the ground as if she had hit something. Concerned, she stopped the car and got out to see what it was. Finding nothing on the roadway behind her car, she began to look around. As she peered into the darkness, she suddenly saw a dark, hairy form racing toward her. She did not see what the figure looked like from the distance at which she was standing (about 50 feet) but she did see the figure was quite bulky and she would later compare the form to someone who works out continually with weights. Startled by the oncoming form, and by the sounds of its “heavy feet”, she quickly retreated to her car. She jumped in and was attempting to drive away when the beast jumped onto her trunk. Luckily, it was too wet for the creature to hang on and it fell off onto the pavement. Doristine returned to the site later on that evening with a young girl that she was taking out trick-or-treating and saw a large form on the side of the road. When she saw the creature moving, she ordered the child to lock her door and drove quickly away from the scene.

She had no idea what she had seen but wondered if perhaps it might be a bear, angry because she had struck it with her car. Regardless, she told a neighbor about the encounter the next day and showed her the scratched car. As word spread, more local people began to step forward with their own encounters with the beast, dating back to 1989.

One night in the fall of that year, 24 year old bar manager Lorianne Endrizzi was rounding a curve on Bray Road (just a half mile from the site of the later incident) and saw what she thought was a person kneeling and hunched over on the side of the road. When she slowed down, she took a closer look at the figure on the passenger side of the car. She was no more than six feet away from it at the time. The sighting lasted for about 45 seconds and she stated that she clearly saw a beast with grayish, brown hair, fangs and pointed ears. "His face was … long and snouty, like a wolf". She also noted that even though the car’s headlights were pointed ahead down the roadway, the creature’s eyes glowed with a yellowish color, just like an animal’s will do when reflected car lights. Like Doris Gipson, she also saw how wide and powerful the creature’s chest and build were. She went on to add that the arms of the beast were rather strange. They were jointed as a man’s would be and it seemed to be holding food with its palms upward, completely like any animal that she had ever heard of. The arms were muscular (“like a man who had worked out a little bit”) and the creature seemed to have human-like fingers with claws on the ends. She did not notice any sort of tail but did say that its back legs were behind it, like a person would be if kneeling.

More... http://www.prairieghosts.com/brayrd.html

If you want to find out more about the Bray Road Beast, I would recommend reading "The Bray Road Beast: Tailing Wisconsin's Werewolf" by Linda S. Godfrey. I found it to be an interesting read.

I know that the poice department was issued a silver tipped hollow point bullet when the sightings were at their peek.

ROFL....Do you have any idea how unlikely that sounds. :lol:

The police in rural areas have more information about were-wolves than you think, and I, too, heard of the hollow-point silver bullet. As funny as it sounds, it's true.

The article doesn't appear to have any information on how to kill the beast, however. Silver will do it, but there are several other things people going after it should know.

The silver bullet's the only way you'd want to kill one of these things-- even with the bullet, they're far too swift to be targetted effectively. The research I have done states, in a nutshell, that only one malicious (evil) were-wolf may exist in the world at one time. The Bray beast seems to be that were-wolf for this time period. It should be noted that if this were-wolf is freed from the control, or killed, the standard period of time for the next were-wolf to go bad is an unidentified amount of time, which could be, strangely, as short as the next full moon, or as far away as 50 years. The standard amount of time is somewhere in the mid teens, though, lately, since people have been rather lax about killing the possessed were-wolves, that amount of rest-time between possessions may simply be because of how long it's taken for the were-wolf to be killed.

It sounds hokey, but this were-wolf is pretty much either created, corrupted, possessed, or is Satan himself. His powers are thus:

The power to turn people into servants (severe mind-control)

The power to give aforementioned servants the ability to turn others

Mind control (to a much weaker, but still quite scary extent)

A normal speed of about 45 mph, up to 65, I think, and apparently the ability to disappear quickly, and inexplicably, into wooded areas.

The funny part is the entire place doesn't have a string of missing people. Apparently, other denizens in the area are apparently beating the were-wolf into such a bloody pulp he has to try to either feed himself, or bolster his army with humans.

The police in rural areas have more information about were-wolves than you think, and I, too, heard of the hollow-point silver bullet. As funny as it sounds, it's true.

Link please.:D

I have heard many stories on werewolf sightings and this subject is one !

Even though i live in the UK, i do still hear different stories / happenings of these sightings, the only thing, which i can think of at this very moment in time, is for you to try newspaper archives, reports etc.

Finding these may shine some light on the situation....

:hmm:

USE TEH SEARCH ENGINE LUKE

I did,and I never had so many kook site hits in my life,not realy what I would call credible evidence.:lol:

The article doesn't appear to have any information on how to kill the beast, however. Silver will do it, but there are several other things people going after it should know.

The silver bullet's the only way you'd want to kill one of these things-- even with the bullet, they're far too swift to be targetted effectively. The research I have done states, in a nutshell, that only one malicious (evil) were-wolf may exist in the world at one time. The Bray beast seems to be that were-wolf for this time period. It should be noted that if this were-wolf is freed from the control, or killed, the standard period of time for the next were-wolf to go bad is an unidentified amount of time, which could be, strangely, as short as the next full moon, or as far away as 50 years. The standard amount of time is somewhere in the mid teens, though, lately, since people have been rather lax about killing the possessed were-wolves, that amount of rest-time between possessions may simply be because of how long it's taken for the were-wolf to be killed.

It sounds hokey, but this were-wolf is pretty much either created, corrupted, possessed, or is Satan himself. His powers are thus:

The power to turn people into servants (severe mind-control)

The power to give aforementioned servants the ability to turn others

Mind control (to a much weaker, but still quite scary extent)

A normal speed of about 45 mph, up to 65, I think, and apparently the ability to disappear quickly, and inexplicably, into wooded areas.

The funny part is the entire place doesn't have a string of missing people. Apparently, other denizens in the area are apparently beating the were-wolf into such a bloody pulp he has to try to either feed himself, or bolster his army with humans.

LOL, did you get those werewolf stats out of some role-playing handbook? thats kinda what it looks like.

BTW I saw the wereolves of wisconsin special on (of all things) THE TRAVEL CHANNEL. Here is the whole episode:

Narrator : There Might be werewolves in wisconsin.

Witness #1: My dad said he saw a werewolf. (cheesy america's most wanted style re-creation of events)

Witness #2: I saw a werewolf eating roadkill! (severe twitching from methamphetamine addiction) (another three dollar re-creation)

Witness #3: I heard a few people say something about a werewolf. (Stock footage of trees and wilderness)

Narrator: Are there werewolves in wisconsin??

-closing credits-

They did mention bray road in there somewhere... It was quite unconvincing.

So far from reading all that I have seen nothing that proves that this creature was NOT a black bear! Bears have been known to attack cars rare YES but it has happened. This is a exciting topic to bad something as simple as a black bear can explain its truth!

I would like to go hunting for this beast.

With proper armament, weaponry, and a decent amount of people of course.

Did anyone notice the post at the bottom of the IMDb message board for The Beast of Bray Road where someone thinks they have a picture of the Bray Road beast?

Has anyone seen the movie? Would it be worth watching?

just saw it tonight. wasn't bad for a low budget horror movie. i think they would have been better off leaving the wolf to your imagination because once you see it, it kind of ruins the atmosphere of the movie.

• 2 months later...

LOL!!! Now, kiddies, THIS is what happens when you decide to mate with members of another species.

Man...I want to see that movie, if for no other reason than to see yet another werewolf movie. And by the sounds of it, the movie is nothing like the real beast, if it does exist. When in that link did it say anythign about it huntign and killign people. This is the reason why I usually don't watch movies 'based on true events' mostly the events are so twisted, that you just know that it was nothign but a fictional version of somethign that did or could have happened.

Many of the descriptions of this beast seem to resemble the beast of gevaudan in looks. If you read the book "the bray road beast" by Linda you will see what I mean.

However we cannot ignore the fact that this animal does NOT attack people and seems to be totally harmless compared to the beast of gevaudan which would conduct public attacks on people in front of crowds of villagers with pitchforks!

• 4 months later...
Did anyone notice the post at the bottom of the IMDb message board for The Beast of Bray Road where someone thinks they have a picture of the Bray Road beast?

I noticed that too. here is what he has to say on the IMDB message boards

"I am not kidding......Please contact me, I think I have a picture of the Bray Road Beast. A

person in Quebec was out taking scenic photography at a park and when

he got home and looked at the pictures he noticed one of them had a

creature of some sort in it. He originally was selling it on ebay. That

is where I found it, he didn't realize the significance of what he had

and I convinced him to stop selling it on Ebay. He and I are now

working together to try and make this public in the most beneficial way

to us. He wants to remain private, but is certainly interested in

determining what type of creature this is,(as am I). In this picture

the creature has a snout and is holding a dog. I know it must be hard

to believe but it is there clear as day. I am a bigfoot researcher in

the US and thought at first that is was a bigfoot. But after searching

some more tonight I have begun to realize that it is the same type of

creature "Dogman" that has been being seen in Michigan and Wisconson

all of these years.

Thought it might be interesting to talk about timing the release of

this photo with your movie that I came across tonight. my email is

robertkgaudet @ gmail.com (no spaces)."

After a breif search I found this out about Mr. Gaudet

*snip*

He also appears to be a programmer and systems analyst

I'm obviously pretty suspect of him. Lets us all hope for his sake he isn't

faking this otherwise a whole lot of cranky mystery hunters have his contact information now.

Edited by Magikman
Removed personal information

I don't believe that the police would be issued silver bullets :P, but this is a rather intresting subject!

Is this that story about those 2 guys that were driving home and they saw something that resembled a werewolf :huh: I whached a tv show on it, it's messed :yes:

LOL!!! Now, kiddies, THIS is what happens when you decide to mate with members of another species.

So does this mean you won't be doing it anymore :D