Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

J. Lombardo Rome UFO

Saru

Here is a photograph that was E-Mail to me a few days ago, of an object floating above an area in Rome. The person who took the picture gave the following details regarding the photograph:

"I am developing a website and was taking background pictures (the site is romenewyork.net) of Rome. I was using a simple handheld digital and didn't see anything unusual until I looked at the picture when I got home.

Rome, New York Tuesday Feb19 at about 2:50 pm....(southwestern sky )

there is clearly a ufo in the sky. it is not a plane.

I have the image still in the camera, but won't keep it for long...

I have made copies to keep untouched and I made copies to work with (enhance). I cannot enhance it to see what it is, but definitely enough to see that it IS a UFO"

user posted image

All comments and poll votes welcome.

and also thankyou very much to J. Lombardo for sending this picture into us.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PurpleStuart

• Saru

• SpaceyKC

• crosis

I think it looks more like one of the space shuttles,  by the shape of it.   Although it seems to be a grey color,  like a blimp.   ???    It sure is hard to make out - it's so far away.  

KC   :s6

The distance and/or clarity makes it hard to see. However, since the term 'aircraft' covers planes, balloons, gliders, helicopters...etc., that's my vote. As for what I think, I really can't tell...it appears to be too grey to be Superman...but you never know...

[glow=blue,2,300]Homer :sj

Well i voted for UFO as i can't identify it and it seems to be flying. That said i don't think it has aliens on board.

We're not talking Rome as in Italy are we?  Otherwise, I would say that the person who submitted the photo is insulting our intelligence.

Whether in Rome or the US (?) I don't think it's anything Xtraordinary

The object in the photo is by definition a UFO because we cannot say with any certainity what it is.

However I voted aircraft.

;) :s01

Yep, I agree with Druss on this one.   :sk  It's to far away to make any valid conclusions, so an aircraft is the obvious guess.   :sc

• 3 weeks later...

I came to the same conclusion, but as i couldn't identify it i voted for a UFO.

Gizzie, it says it's Rome, New York. Therefore i assume there is a town in New York state called Rome - It wouldn't surprise me as there are a whole load of re-used town names in the States.  

• 11 months later...

I was just wondering why Mr.Lombardo is so sure that it is not a plane?

I would have thought that it is most likley to be a plane, although as has been mentioned, its so far away as to be completley sure as to what it is.

Tai smile.gif

• 2 months later...

Guest Valerie

Well my goodness, it's so far away, it could be a bird for all we know, or even better, a little bug or a speck on the camera. I don't know, but it's awefully far away. tongue.gif

well it is a ufo

as in it's a unidentified flying(floating) object.......but we all know it could be anything,,,i mean who has watched the T.V. and thought enough is enough ,there is nothing on,,i think i,ll throw away the sky/satellite dish laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

• 1 month later...