Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Apartment ghost part 5

Bizarro

ok, this is a short one. the other night i was having trouble sleeping. my wife keeps tossing in the bed all night now and we rarely get good sleep anymore.

it was sometime in the middle of the night. im frustrated because i cant sleep. i opened my eyes and i was just staring into the living room when i see a woman's figure moving around. she was a young woman, maybe a teenage girl. at first i could see her pretty clearly and she appeared to be doing some ordinary activity (it looked like she was taking something off an invisible table where my couch sits and moving it into the table my TV is on- yes, i said INTO the table). just looking there now i see there is an old phone table recessed into the wall behind my TV(we just put the TV in front of it because we needed the wall space). she was definitely doing some kind of activity when i saw her and she kept repeating the same motion over and over. i remember i looked closer and i could just make out moving arms and legs but i couldn't see much more because she appeared to be fading from view. i was really tired and it didn't scare me at all- i was just was so frustrated about my bad sleep that i rolled back over and tried to get back to sleep.

ive been taking pictures of my apartment on a regular basis. so far i havent seen anything worthy of posting, but if i do i will post it.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• uranium101

• Bizarro

• dust19

• Aslan

well, the whole "into" the wall aspect makes sense to me (you knoe, because i'm such a ghost expert". But it just reinforces the theory of ghosts acting only in the environment they remember at their present time, not the true present time. If they are a conscious entity or not, or just a 'recording' of nature we cans ee sometime by fluke, it makes sense either way.

One thing you may try to research is, since you said something was in the wall? I think, maybe you could check to see the construction history of the building and if any walls were added/moved in the are where you saw the entity.

Or you could just watch it, feel lucky, and say to yourself "You know, I have a ghost....This is very rare...I should play the lattery tomorrow"

Interesting little story. I won't insult your intelligence by asking if you were really awake or not. Sounds to me like a classic replay ghost - not a ghost in fact, by some definitions - but 'trapped' film playing over and over.

Warning. I'm about to get carried away. If it is a replay ghost it means that this little scene is playing itself out all the time, whether you see it or not - the girl is endlessly moving something from one piece of phantom furniture to another. Something that night merely gave you the rare faculty to see it.

i very well might have been in that half awake state but that seems to be the only time i see anything. ive smelled a perfume smell once during the day when i was wide awake, but otherwise i haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary.

If you think you might have been half awake then we could be in the realms of hypnagogic dreaming - where reality and dreams blend seamlessly and hallucinations in your consensus reality are more than common.

Maybe you can stand next to that spot continuously mocingsomething, and a bond might form (like worker's on an assembly line). Then you can say Hi.

yeah that's it..

well, i wasn't dreaming. i was too mad about not being able to sleep. groggy maybe but definitely awake.

Oh yeah, I'm just about to move into a condo my Fiancee' and I just bought which was inhabited by an Elderly couple who's son passed away. I just "he" doesn't decide to come back looking for them, as he used to spend a lot of time there. or, I hope the strong emotions following his death aren't "written on the walls" for better terms.

it could be a replay ghost or you could have been so tired that you were imagining it. were you sick then? everytime i have a fever and can't go to sleep i literally start losing it. i laugh for no reason, and talk to people who aren't there. i reinact stuff out of movies in my bed then laugh like a maniac again. my dreams are short and feverish, and i am constantly hovering between reality and fantasy. so i know what it's like to start losing it and going insane. thumbsup.gif

i laugh for no reason, and talk to people who aren't there. i reinact stuff out of movies in my bed then laugh like a maniac again. my dreams are short and feverish, and i am constantly hovering between reality and fantasy. so i know what it's like to start losing it and going insane. thumbsup.gif

laugh.gif Well... hm..naaaah... too easy... laugh.gif

No comment Uranium101

ph34r.gifgunsmilie.gif

p.s i thought the kids went back to school dontgetit.gif

i go back to school in 5 days, everyone should be in school within 2 weeks. of course, i'll just come here when i'm in the computer lab working on some crappy lesson on stuff i already know. devil.gif of course, i got busted for doing something like that last year... but who cares?

I care uranium101. Studies are very important. You should concentrate on those. Don't fritter away your education posting in this forum when you should be working. We'll just struggle on as best we can without you, and if we hear nothing more from you when school starts we can at least all be happy in the knowledge that you are getting yourself a good education.

*sigh*. aslan sounds just like the principal that time i- never mind. but i am in advanced math (though i hate math) and don't do as bad as you all did. i think. it was only 2 c's... dontgetit.gif hmmmm... i'm hungry... dontgetit.gif

I was visiting a friend earlier and she said to me " School is wasted on the young " . Sadly I think she was right sad.gif

if we hear nothing more from you when school starts we can at least all be happy in the knowledge that you are getting yourself a good education.

and praying that the quality of posts will rise...

Anyways...Ive heard of this kinda thing and as Aslan has said...sounds like a replay ghost...have you seen this happen more than once, or has it been more than this?

You said youve tried taking pictures...but I often find that when you try to look you dont get anything...a watched pot never boils and all that wink2.gif

Did you try setting up a webcam or something...could work,

You'd think I would've spotted that, what with my super booted intelligence scroe, wouldnt you...

Well...now as I think of it...could you not just leave the ghost where she is for the time being...I mean she's not doing anyone any harm...

And while she's doing that, you do some research and check out the history of your house...like any fires or whatever...

you probably have and Im preaching to the deaf, but...y'know...