Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

House of the unholy

Creepy_Steve

Posted in error, soon as I read enough of this one to have something to say I will fill this space.

Edited by MirrorImage

I'm a PA native, actually Chadds Ford, the town where this road is located and have had my own experiences with this story. Going back to when I was going to pre-school, my parents would take me down the road (it's called Cossart Rd) to and from school. I was about 4-5 years old and I would call it the 'spooky road' and hide in the backseat. There is a section of the road, about 1/2 mile, where the trees along the road arch away at a unnatural angle. This is the point of the road where the 'cult house' is said to be located, the most obvious landmark from the road, is the odd formation of the trees roots that ball and twist, one especially, where it has been said that heads/dead children have been found placed in. Growing up I passed the road to and from school, and heard all the stories. Even in daylight you'd see pentagrams (sp?) spraypainted on the trees and on the road, and sometimes melted wax. It was prob. kids, the rumor was that HS kids would drop off a group in the middle of the night and make them walk the entire the length of the road, but I never encountered that at the school I went to. Although, I had a really upsetting ride home one night in the spring. I was coming home from school late, it was prob between 9 and 10, and approaching the point where Cossart Rd meets rt. 100. I slowed down as there's a slight bend and saw a car stopped at the entrance of the road. It was a small red car, and the light inside was on, I could see three people in the car and I as drove by they were all wearing masks. Not halloween masks or anything, but they looked like animal masks, and the one in the front was def. wearing a goat mask. I freaked out, all the stories I had heard came back to me- that there's a devil house off the roads where they preform sacrifices to the general legend that the whole area is haunted. To this day I can still remember the car and figures of the passengers, it was the most disturbing thing I have ever come across.

I have been going to Cossart street for many years growings up.I have seen lots of really disturbing things on that road.One of the strangest things I have seen,with one of my friends,is a pick up truck stuck in a tree.I even managed to take a picture of it.

post-86718-1239088316_thumb.jpg

Have been reading alot about this place the last view months.

Anybody from around there on this board who can shed some light on this?

More on the House of the unholy here.

I used to live in Wilmington DE and I have heard of it... Never had the guts to go check it out though...

I love this topic!!! This is the one that got me to join UM in the first place :tu:

I have been reading through this for a week now and I had to make some comments about it. I have heard the stories and they are pretty cool to say the least. Do I believe them all? No. Are they all completely made up? I would say no. Here is the thing; even Science Fiction is based on some truth or possibility. To say that nothing went on at that house is naive.

To say that someone went then and “investigated” the place and fount no truth to it is kind of laughable. Put yourself into the shoes of the neighbors and towns people. What would happen if someone doing a documentary came to you and wanted to know the truth of the Cult house? If they wanted publicity, they would pump up the story and if they didn’t, they would lie to you. If you went to the sheriff or other people who would have access to files and asked them the same things, what would they tell you? Again, if they wanted the attention they would pump up the story and if they didn’t they would lie to you so maybe it would all go away. Depending on how long ago the DuPont’s lived there, there may be no records. It would not be the first time things got pushed under the rug. I am not saying there is a cult active in that house. I’m not saying everyone is lying either. What I am saying is that there is almost no chance that anything is currently going on. The chances that some really weird or even evil stuff went on at one time is good. I’m also saying that if most of the higher powers and neighbors of this town would like this to all go away, they will tell you anything. To take them at their word is naïve because they do want this is dry up.

The chances that you are going to find evidence of it today or in the future are slim. It is unfortunate but true. If you moved into a large mansion and there was all this weird stuff, it would be painted over or removed. Chances are that we will just have to live with the legends for now, if not forever.

I understand this kind of things because I covered this kind of thing for years. To make a long story short, where I grew up we had problems with demonic worship. I know what you’re thinking, “sure you did.” The fact is that the evidence was overwhelming! It was spread over a large amount of miles and towns and the city counsel, law informant, and mayor was in on it. Do you think they kept record of it? Uh… no. I talked with people who were children, at the time, that were involved. I talked to witness of these group gatherings. I could blow off most of them, but when there seemed to be stories that matched up perfectly from people that never met each other, I began to take notice. Of all the places I confirmed my information; I got it through the elders of local churches. Sure enough, people just wanted to keep a lid on it. It makes sense though, does it not?

So to say that it all is a hoax is foolish. For a legend to last as long as it has, tells me that there is at least something true to base it off of. It may be 95% fake, but what about the other 5%? I would agree that nothing is going on today, but what about the past?

My questions about all this are few, but if anyone can answer them, it would be great.

My first one is, with rumor aside if possible, what was the DuPont family really doing in that house? Was it incest, strange old world religions or what? My second one is how many buildings are really on the property? I hear about a tower, a church, a house, a guard shack and I’m curious about what really is there.

I also have a response to the people who said that Freemasons worship God. Be careful with that because that isn’t so. If you get a chance, pick up Morals and Dogma or better yet, if you know an old Shriner, get his personal copy of their hand book. Most are leather bound with gold lettering. I won’t give it away because belief is in the print. Lets just say that the higher ranks of the Freemasons (Shriner’s, Scottish Reich, etc…) are taught to lie to the first ranks of Freemasons and tell them whatever they need to, to get them to do what they want or to ease their worries. Lower ranks are not privileged enough to know the “truth.” Also it speaks about it “being” a religion even though they swear it is not. Finally it does mention the bringer of light and knowledge. It isn’t God but another individual. Let’s just say Lucifer is mentioned a few times. Again, please do not take my word for it, get your hands on a Shriner’s or another high ranking Freemason members hand book (I think it is leather bound) and read for yourself. You can check out Morals and Dogma but I was told that some of the newer print that is available to the public is edited for content and may not have everything the leather bound edition would. Either way, it wouldn’t hurt to check it out.

Take care!

• 3 weeks later...

this topic is really strange just reading about it gives me some sort of bad feeling but i feel really compelled to find out more so if i find anything more that you guys haven't covered i'll be sure to write about it

• 2 weeks later...

well, not to open up a new can of worms, but I just sat here and read this whole thing and was surprised no one mentioned this little number:

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorio...nt/1_index.html

In short: DuPont matron hates her son's wife, kicks her out of the family, then hates her son's new girlfriend and has her killed. All from the coziness of her (wait for it...) sprawling Delaware estate.

And this was in 1998, people.

Just something else to chew on.

By the way, I know those creepy DE/PA roads well. When my folks first got married, they lived in Bonwell House in Frederica, Delaware, just a few feet from Andrew's Lake. As a couple of goreseekers, they were thrilled to live in a 200-year-old house with so much history. Unfortunately, that "history" was that a slave owner killed one of his slave boys by throwing him in the corn grinder in the back yard (which is still there). But then after some hair-raising things happened, they did a bit of research and learned that all children born in the house die violent deaths. So, uh, they got out of there. We've all been back and I have to say, those narrow roads with the crazy trees are scary even in the light of day. I don't know how any of you muster up the courage to check this stuff out at night! Sorry if that's OT, but since there's nothing on the internet about Bonwell House, I doubted it would merit its own thread! :D

Edited by gasher

Hey that's great! Thanks! I can't believe after all this someone came up with something new. I have to go see this place at some point. I just have to get there.

Another House of the unholy story.

Even creepier then the last ones.

Something weird is going on there.

I really wanna see it for myself. As i said in my about me i love to be scared.

I like to scare myself. cause im a weird girl. Lol. Not really but i do love to scare myself.

Uhm. I think this Gard truck busniess could be real. But idkk. I think i would want to see

if i can go during the day time. so i can have the truck follow me. and then try to see its face.

Hey that's great! Thanks! I can't believe after all this someone came up with something new. I have to go see this place at some point. I just have to get there.

I actually just read the murder story a week or two ago, and as soon as I opened this thread and saw "duPont family," my blood froze, thinking the house in question was Serendip. But it's not.

I guess it isn't much fuel to the fire, just a little bit of backstory about the family - at once proving some evil deeds, and also disproving modern inbreeding rumors, since the two family members in question were both married outside of the family.

I have no desire to see the house for multiple reasons:

1.) As a teenager, I got my fair share of spooky house intrusions. I saw the so-called "Witch of Fox Point"'s house. Proven false, but scary as heck when you're a teenager.

2.) The house I grew up in, although not nearly as scary as Bonwell house, also had some sordid history (which my parents knew about in advance this time - thanks, Mom and Dad). It was a big Victorian house on a hill that was rumored to be haunted. So I'm very used to people driving up to my house, getting out, taking pictures. It was terrifying when I was young and always created a sense of violation. I only risked the trip to Fox Point because the woman who lived there had died by then and the joint was abandoned.

3.) After posting last night, I had terrible nightmares about people breaking into my house to punish me for posting that article. Holy crud.

Maybe the inbreeding was farther back in the history of the family than these people. They are still really strange yo have to admit.

Maybe the inbreeding was farther back in the history of the family than these people. They are still really strange yo have to admit.

Oh, definitely.

It struck me as odd that in the text of the family's wikipedia page, it's all in the style of a family tree. The few family members that have their own pages can me clicked on for more info. But someone thought to tack all the way at the very bottom, with no explanation, the link I posted about the murder. Doesn't seem like it fits there.

Hey Gasher....we just sent Stella to the cellar to check on the open window. You know, the one by the coffin.

Hey Gasher....we just sent Stella to the cellar to check on the open window. You know, the one by the coffin.

Hi Mom! See you tomorrow! :D

I met someone from Newark yesterday. Like you, he said he only remembers hearing about a house with bent trees.

Hi Mom! See you tomorrow! :D

I met someone from Newark yesterday. Like you, he said he only remembers hearing about a house with bent trees.

Great! I'll be watching for you out of the turret, overlooking the hill. :P

• 5 weeks later...
Another House of the unholy story.

Even creepier then the last ones.

Something weird is going on there.

hello! can i please have some contact info for al conner?! i would love to talk to him about his experiences! i work for a production company, Almost Free Productions, and they are making a documentary on cults! i have been to satanville and it was the creepiest experience of my life. this could be the opportunity to finally expose what's going on in that house!! my email is missmaura90@aol.com hopefully i'll hear from you soon! :)

Hi all! I live in delaware and I have been to cossart road 3 maybe 4 times. I just started making trips to the road with my friends this winter. My one friend (who has been before) shared the story with the rest of us. I had one frightening experience on the road. It wasnt as much of a supernatural thing but more of a fear thing, you will see: It was my first cossart drive, and it was just me and my friend who had been before. We were progressing down the road. I think that it was about 8 oclock on a friday. This is considered early for cossart, because most of the frequenters come out around 12 or 1. As we approached the access road for the house, there was a ****ty car that had two girl our age in it. They chases us out, and we sorta got stuck on the bridge because there was another car coming the other way. It was kinda scary getting chased and all.

I was wondering where the house is exactly. I want to see your opinions on the matter. Also, have never seen the so-called "guard house." I have supplied a google earth image of the cossart region. Let me know where you think the house is.

Thanks

post-89548-1244756861_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

It's crazy that this topic is still going, I remember reading it when it first started.

Does anyone know if the google street view (little yellow man) works for this road? I don't know what direction the house is in so I can't tell, it does cut off at a certain point:

google maps

Edited by Nobacherie

• 4 weeks later...

i would love to give a tour of that place cause i know it like the back of my hand! The story that still sticks out in my mind the most was meeting these 2 girls claiming to be the gate keepers with upside down crosses on their forheads! that was 10 years ago but ill never forget it! im dying to take a ride through it now and see whats changed and now i've got a big truck instead of a maxima lol.

i would love to give a tour of that place cause i know it like the back of my hand! The story that still sticks out in my mind the most was meeting these 2 girls claiming to be the gate keepers with upside down crosses on their forheads! that was 10 years ago but ill never forget it! im dying to take a ride through it now and see whats changed and now i've got a big truck instead of a maxima lol.

What do you mean you know it like the back of your hand? Have you been inside the house?

What do you mean you know it like the back of your hand? Have you been inside the house?

Went there last night and decided to do some chasing of my own instead of getting chased again. But it ended up just being a bunch of prepubestant kids standing around with their shirts off smoking some of daddy's cigs.

I guess biff must have got sacraficed...poor fella, one posting, one mission, never to return....fare well strong soldier.