Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

House of the unholy

Creepy_Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm I'm going to check that out.

Famous last words.

:@

• 1 month later...

This urban legend sounds like a holdover from the Satanic Panic era. I doubt there is a shred of evidence that any cult activity ever took place there. If it is DuPont property, there was only one DuPont who was obviously not right in the head and shot someone. I watched the movie about it and he seemed unstable and maybe on the ASD spectrum.

Just thought I'd mention that if it's private property, no one should be trespassing, right?

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 1

I wish a member of the DuPont famliy would join here to set the story straight and end it! I know someone has posted that saying there was an old woman and it was all false and a bunch of other stuff.

People act like every single member of the DuPont family is holed up in one creepy mansion doing nefarious stuff. In truth, the family is huge, scattered, and most of the living relatives don't even know each other. Typical conspiracy theories about people who have a lot of money.

There was one DuPont convicted of murder, and he died in prison. The murder had no indication of any cult activity. He was just unstable, and he shot someone.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Check out a guy on youtube named jay parker. He claims he was satanic ritually abused as a child in Arden Del. Its not too far from Cossart Rd. He claims the John duPont who killed his wrestler friend and was diagnosed as schizophrenic (typical in abuse victims) was abused in Arden as well. He said 90% of Arden residents are satanists. They have art fairs you can visit where they sell their "potions" etc. Look like a bunch of artsy hippies ...lots of "spiritual" stuff. Jay says the old Candlelight Dinner Theatre has the satanic church in the back where the evil took place. The Marquis of Hell. Put that on your itinerary when you visit the Cult House! I'm from the area and had some duPont friends. I've seen crazy inbred looking siblings and know of suicides in the family. Very sexual and very rich young adults. Nice people ...on the outside. 

22 hours ago, MiaMoo said:

Check out a guy on youtube named jay parker. He claims he was satanic ritually abused as a child in Arden Del. Its not too far from Cossart Rd. He claims the John duPont who killed his wrestler friend and was diagnosed as schizophrenic (typical in abuse victims) was abused in Arden as well. He said 90% of Arden residents are satanists. They have art fairs you can visit where they sell their "potions" etc. Look like a bunch of artsy hippies ...lots of "spiritual" stuff. Jay says the old Candlelight Dinner Theatre has the satanic church in the back where the evil took place. The Marquis of Hell. Put that on your itinerary when you visit the Cult House! I'm from the area and had some duPont friends. I've seen crazy inbred looking siblings and know of suicides in the family. Very sexual and very rich young adults. Nice people ...on the outside. 

Obviously, your friend is mistaking "artsy hippies" for Satanists. 

They typically don't run in the same circles.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Christian ritual seems pretty messed up too.

Anyone heard of these Hell Houses? I have read they seem more popular in Texas, not sure why that might be though.

LINK - 6 Evangelical Hell Houses That Will Literally Put The Fear Of God Into You

Oh yes, I've seen stuff about these. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

Oh yes, I've seen stuff about these. 

Horrifying aren't they!!!

These people even suggest that parents try to get adolescents in as they have a bigger impact.

Scaring children to love God!! Not much has changed it seems. This is a vile aspect of Christianity. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2016 at 11:30 PM, coolguy said:

We have a satan house here on long island ny I tnink nk every state has a devils house

http://www.weirdus.com/states/new_york/local_legends/satan_house_massapequa/index.php

I bet they throw the best Halloween parties.

• 1 year later...

Well heres your answer: I am a member of the family and I can assure you all of this is untrue. Completely false. No satanic rituals, cult membership, etc. 

• 5 months later...

You'll never find any evidence. If there was any, it'd be in the ground, but I'm sure the cleaners did their job. It all ended in January 1975. No conspiracy, real.