Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bush claims his actions were demanded by God

Mr Slayer

I am still searching, but I do believe I am correct when I say that President Bush is not the first President to win an election based on the Electoral Vote and not the Popular Vote. He won the states with the most Electoral votes, sounds simple enough to me.

Edited by twpdyp

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bathory

• Yelekiah

• Mr Slayer

• twpdyp

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure there are a lot of things we don't know about bush

I know so many people that voted for his ass and ended up putting their foot in their mouth! Soliders even dislike him, Even some right wingers can care less for him. I wonder if he will get impeached or ?, whatever one comes first

It just proves to me that over half the population believes everything the media says or their stupid! Yha, I have met a lot of stupid people. Not saying I am the sharpest tool in the shed but street smart, yha I have to take that credit. It's sad when you go to Europe and if your passport states your American they look at you with shame and treat you different. Can't blame them :hmm:

I understand it. I just think it would have been more appropriate if he won the popular vote. Get my drift?

edit: In other words, it wouldn't seem fair if he wasn't wanted by the people originally. In that sense, he was "selected"

but he was still elected >.>

e·lect (ĭ-lĕkt') pronunciation

v., e·lect·ed, e·lect·ing, e·lects.

v.tr.

1. To select by vote for an office or for membership.

2. To pick out; select: elect an art course.

3. To decide, especially by preference: elected to take the summer off.

4. To select by divine will for salvation. Used of God.

I can't believe you guys just spent a whole page arguing about a technicality.

ON-topic, I'm really curious how Bush'll try to get out of that one.

Yea, I'm over it, Bush was not elected by the people end of story. If what he says is true, to some he may come off as a hypocrite.

it was by the people, they voted and the votes were looked at under the electoral college...sorry, but the electoral college is probably the most realistic method of electing the president as it means the contenders HAVE to consider other states other than those with vast populations.

I am just really p***ed off he is in office

I NEED TO VENT!!!!!! :angry2:

He is evil :devil:

But he added: "It was really a figure of speech (by Bush). We felt he was saying that he had a mission, a commitment, his faith in God would inspire him ... rather than a metaphysical whisper in his ear."

can't you people read?

thats from the source of the God speaks to me claims, i wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing was a paraphrasing too, as i said before and was ignored, the BBC failed to mention this, instead presenting it as Bush meaning it literally...

also, i take it you believe Clinton wasn't 'elected' in 1992?

Edited by bathory

Oh, come on guys. Nobody says it's true or literally meant, but it's funny to see two things;

1. Whether he said it or not, it's interesting to compare two antipoles and how they work and what they say (US- christian extremism vs Middle east- muslim extremism) and how people belonging to these factions react when they get criticized.

2. It's especially fun to watch how pro- Bush people suddenly criticize media when it applies to them, for example in this case and not when Bush got proved wrong and showed up as a apparent liar regarding Saddam and WOMD.

Like I said, the world is funny sometimes.

Edited by AshKatNah

No one knows exactly what was said, so it really doesn't matter if it was literal or not.

<.< of course, how silly of me, i shouldn't bother trying to understand the meaning of the statement, all i need to know is Bush is dumb and is trying to take over the world >.>

2. It's especially fun to watch how pro- Bush people suddenly criticize media when it applies to them, for example in this case and not when Bush got proved wrong and showed up as a apparent liar regarding Saddam and WOMD.

wtf are you talking about showed up as an apparent liar?

can you people at least research this stuff, AND then apply some critical thought and logic to what you have researched?

I'll happily critisize the media if it doesn't apply to 'me' if it gets something wrong

Edited by bathory

<.< of course, how silly of me, i shouldn't bother trying to understand the meaning of the statement, all i need to know is Bush is dumb and is trying to take over the world >.>

:nw:

Correct.

Like I said, the world is funny sometimes.

You make a good point.

Oh, come on guys. Nobody says it's true or literally meant

did you even read a) the article B) this thread?

thats exactly what is being said. Look at the freakin title, it says "Bush claims his actions were demanded by God", what else could that possibly be saying?

artical = bull****

Dubya is a christian but in no way an extremist! you want extremists, go visit the KKK.

i'm sure he was just joking.

but either way this war was and still is justified. WMD's are out there. but of course, the media decides not to report it. :rolleyes:

BTW AshKatNa, next time you have a thought...let it go

your bigotry is hilarious.

it was by the people, they voted and the votes were looked at under the electoral college...sorry, but the electoral college is probably the most realistic method of electing the president as it means the contenders HAVE to consider other states other than those with vast populations.

Wow! That is really an off-the-wall viewpoint of the electoral college! This institution was created to serve a colonial populace that had little or no communication and were not prepared to know the qualitifications of presidential candidates. In those times the only exposure the voting public had to candidates was in public forums and open debates but the rest of the people were literally uninformed and to better determine a president, the electoral college was established with well-informed members voting to represent their consituents.

To examine modern times with mass, instant communication and assert that this is the most "realistic method" to elect a president is either an opinion based on little information or so blatantly biased that it ignores fact.

To consider whether or not Bush made the "God endorsement" comment is difficult, however, there is ample prior evidences to suggest that he truly believes that he has been the "politically annointed one" in the eyes of his maker.

On 4/2003 Judy Keen wrote in USA TODAY: "Bush believes he was called by God to lead the nation at this time, says Commerce Secretary Don Evans, a close friend who talks with Bush every day."

The book, The Faith of George W. Bush, written by Christian author Stephen Mansfield. depicts Bush a President who prays each day and believes he is on a direct mission from God, certainly gives ammunition to critics who claim Bush's administration is heavily influenced by extremist Christians.

Bush was under heavy fire for allowing the appointment of General William Boykin to head the hunt for Osama bin Laden. Boykin, who speaks at evangelical Christian meetings, once said the war on terror was a fight against Satan, and also told a Somali warlord that, 'My God was bigger than his. I knew that my God was a real God and his was an idol.'

Bush said to James Robinson: 'I feel like God wants me to run for President. I can't explain it, but I sense my country is going to need me. Something is going to happen... I know it won't be easy on me or my family, but God wants me to do it.'

NEWSWEEK reported: After all, at the National Prayer Breakfast a few days before, he’d declared that “behind all of life and all history there is a dedication and purpose, set by the hand of a just and faithful God.” If that’s so, America couldn’t fail.

I am not suggesting that there is anything wrong with a religious president or anyone else for that matter. But when religion become obsessive and illusionary, then it becomes a public danger. Let me put it this way . . . . Charles Guiteau assassinated President James Garfield in 1881 because "God told me to do it." He was hung the next year. Now we have a president believing that he is God's political choice and is doing God's will by each of his decisions. If tens of thousands die because of that delusion, then how do we draw a distinction between Bush and Guiteau.

Personally, I don't believe Bush and God have this communication and nor do I believe that God's will is being done by killing innocents in any part of the world. What's more, I believe that if God can forgive George Bush, then He owes Sodom and Gomorrah an apology.

if this claim by bush isn't scary, i don't know what is.

man, i don't know what to say here. i guess killing isn't evil in the eyes of bush?

This is extremely old news.

He even said it in a couple public speeches that were broadcasted over the channels. :tu:

Don't know why you find it interesting now, again. :blink:

He even said it in a couple public speeches that were broadcasted over the channels. :tu:

Don't know why you find it interesting now, again. :blink:

Because for anyone to be stupid once is forgiveable but to be continually stupid and do it in the name of the American people is beyond all redemption.

He even said it in a couple public speeches that were broadcasted over the channels.

Don't know why you find it interesting now, again.

Ok, hands up, who didn't know this?

I didn't!

AND it would change A LOT. Like Ash said, if that's true,

I wonder how (and if) this makes him better than the muslim extremists claiming they're fighting Allah's Holy war. Life is funny sometimes.

He even said it in a couple public speeches that were broadcasted over the channels.

Don't know why you find it interesting now, again.

Ok, hands up, who didn't know this?

I didn't!

AND it would change A LOT. Like Ash said, if that's true,

I wonder how (and if) this makes him better than the muslim extremists claiming they're fighting Allah's Holy war. Life is funny sometimes.

I didnt know either, this is a good thread, now we actually got a real view of this guy