Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Movement to impeach George W. Bush

4dplane

SilverCouger, don't you check your facts before you post?? Some people have such a hatered for Bush that it blinds them from reality. Bush has done nothing illegal, and no one has provided any credible evidence to prove otherwise.

Aside from the clinton thing (and if he was impeached, why did he finish out the years left to his term? If you're impeached.. you're out on your arsh... he wasn't. He served right up untill Bush took office. So hey.. people who hate Clinton says he's impeached. Those of us who do like him.. *shrugs*) Where in this thread do you see me giving reasons as to why I dislike Bush?

I know it's pointless argueing with people who think Bush is the best thing since sliced bread. So I just say one can only hope he's impeached, and leave it at that. Yeah, I've my reasons... and no one who favors the guy will think on why.. just snap up and try to discredit my reasons. *shrugs*

You say some people hate him it blinds them... well some people favor him so much it blinds them also. whatever... Like him, hate him, I don't care. I hate him. Life goes on.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SilverCougar

• Celumnaz

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• I am me

He won't be impeached. God, the left just keeps trying, but I guess that's the way politik-ing is. :D

yeah it is pretty funny to watch the liberal's running around kicking and screaming. :lol:

Whatever.Every presidency has had problems. I guess they should have all been impeached.

What about Regan he was a good Pres :)

yeah it is pretty funny to watch the liberal's running around kicking and screaming. :lol:

Just as it's fun watching you conservatives become massive hypocrites.

Regan was good.

Damn right, reagan kept that sissified metric system out of our country. The metric system makes it too easy for morons to function in society, and theres no place for that here.

At minimum, I see "preliminary formal charges" have been made; this means the impeachment process has started – good deal! Got to start somewhere.

“the House of Representatives has initiated impeachment proceedings only 62 times since 1789. Impeachments of only sixteen federal officers have taken place:”

Source

It is not every day a president faces an impeachment. Most of the time you must have a good reason to bring on an impeachment call. In the case of Clinton, well – he was just &$*@)*% a dozen local girls where as Bush is $&@*)!($ everyone.

ahh see.. I did know my facts. Clinton's impeachment was aquitted. Thus.. he wasn't impeached.

Just as it's fun watching you conservatives become massive hypocrites.

ha, explain

Are you kidding???? Clinton was impeached!! He was also found guilty of perjury. However, there were not enough votes to remove him from office.

ahh see.. I did know my facts. Clinton's impeachment was aquitted. Thus.. he wasn't impeached.

As I stated before, Clinton WAS impeached. There are no if and or buts about it. Go look up what impeached means.

*sighs* I know where the wires were crossed. We're going by two slightly different deffinitions. You're going by the bring up on charges.. being impeached that way. I've been going by He was braught up on charges to BE impeached from office, as to be kicked out. Which he wasn't.. and thus why I've been saying he wasn't impeached because well.. he was aquitted.

But you guys can keep yelling and flaming. *shrugs*

Bush has done many good things, impeaching him would be stupid, but as well as stupid it would undermine the US Presidency as a whole.

It would be percieved as power being taken away from future presidents, making their breathing space smaller.

"An explanation of the grounds for impeachment was given in a recent memo to Rep. Conyers from attorney Bonifaz.[20]

Among the preliminary formal charges made against the Bush administration as proposed by Clark include the following allegations that:

President Bush fabricated evidence regarding Iraq's threat to the United States in the run-up to the 2003 invasion of Iraq, specifically, that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction;

President Bush violated various sections of the United States Constitution and Universal Declaration of Human Rights;

President Bush committed crimes relating to "bribery and coercion of individuals and governments;"

President Bush has concealed "information vital to public discussion and informed judgment;" and

President Bush has caused or is responsible for assassinations, torture, and indefinite detentions such as the Camp X-Ray, Abu Ghraib torture and prisoner abuse, Bagram torture and prisoner abuse, desecration of the Qur'an at Guantánamo Bay and other such matters including the persecution of U.S. and non-U.S. Muslims.

President Bush has violated the First Amendment to the United States Constitution on numerous occassions with the prohibitive measures on any protests or marches by the people of the United States."

Source

Any Bush supporters care to defend him on these allegations?...

Don't hold your breathe Bub. If i were president I wouldn't have played games like bush...i would have already busted some heads wide open. I wouldn't give them the 5 second head start...i'd go in bust a few thousands heads open...get the radicals and terrorists out of the country (i know not easier said then done) Then get the pipe line running and get their country up and running for technology...these people over there don't even have plumbing for crying out Effing loud. So what we tortured a few people...LOOK WHAT THEY DID....9/11 Did you forget about the thousands of people who died there? You think that they would just blow up a few buildings and be done with us/?!?!?! No...they would do it again, again, again, again,...like the god dang energizer bunny. Do some research on the war...actually u know what...go to iraq like i was and see it for your self you POS...if u dont like our president...then you move to iraq and live witht hem for a month and see if you want bush as president or not. Im tired of you cry babies that want everything served to you on a silver platter...its ridiculous. Life is more complexed then what you may think. Peace is never an option....peace is impossible to create. Life is life....like einstein said "for every action there will always be a negative or positive reaction."

how about we impeach you off of these forums. For your ridiculous post that blew up in your FACE!!!

*sighs* I know where the wires were crossed. We're going by two slightly different deffinitions. You're going by the bring up on charges.. being impeached that way. I've been going by He was braught up on charges to BE impeached from office, as to be kicked out. Which he wasn't.. and thus why I've been saying he wasn't impeached because well.. he was aquitted.

I'm going by the Vote in the House of Representatives. http://www.house.gov/scott/impeachment.htm

That he was aquitted in the Senate (har har, lots to be said about that too) has nothing to do with the fact that he was impeached in the House, a Much more representative body.

And then... he was aquitted... so why'd he lose his licence?

http://archives.cnn.com/2001/LAW/10/01/scotus.clinton/

And then there's the pardoning of criminals as he was leaving office... oh so much... giving Chicoms access to our weapons tech, severe hatred for the military, blowing in the political winds with the spine of a jellyfish...

Yes, well most people do not know the difference. Impeached means to be brought up on topics. There is no double meaning of the word. Nixon was resigned before he was impeached. Andrew Johnson was the only other president to be impeached. He was aquitted.

Taken from infoplease.com:

Removing an official from office requires two steps: (1) a formal accusation, or impeachment, by the House of Representatives, and (2) a trial and conviction by the Senate. Impeachment requires a majority vote of the House; conviction is more difficult, requiring a two-thirds vote by the Senate. The vice president presides over the Senate proceedings in the case of all officials except the president, whose trial is presided over by the chief justice of the Supreme Court. This is because the vice president can hardly be considered a disinterested party—if his or her boss is forced out of office he or she is next in line for the top job!

Hello xstortionist – you are new here - welcome.

Since I have been here at UM, I noticed a decent quality of this Forum over others. Here the forum is large enough and diverse enough to not be a completely one-sided place of written thought and communication. If it was, well this is what it might look like

We are as one …

“Bush is great.”

“Ya your right”

“I like the way you people think”

“Ya your right, we are all great thinkers”

“Bush can do no wrong”

“yup that’s right, no wrong”

“I will send my first born to die for him”

“yup me too, Bush is great”

“yup he’s great”

This type of dialog is pointless to me xstortionist, and if UM was always this way I would have left along time ago. I say to you, if you are used to this type of communication, maybe because you were in the armed forces and you were taught to think like your comrades, than how about you go somewhere else where you can feel more comfortable.

You seem angry - All I did was post a semiofficial document of what could be the beginning of a movement to impeach George Bush. They are not even my ideas; they are the ideas of some congressional representatives. Suck it up soldier it ain’t that bad!

go to iraq like i was and see it for your self you POS

You don’t like me :cry: – good: I don’t like you <_< – You say, “Peace is never an option” :devil: – I guess this explains why we are at war. But here at UM there are rules of war – some of which you need to review.

Thank you

4dplane

Edited by 4dplane

Hey, i hope he gets impeached, hes a war criminal who is responcable for the torture of hundreds, and the death of thousands.

~Thanato

That's a compelling argument... :rolleyes:

There is no peace in this world and probably never will be. If there can be no peace, prepare for war.

Since I have been here at UM, I noticed a decent quality of this Forum over others. Here the forum is large enough and diverse enough to not be a completely one-sided place of written thought and communication.

Agree!!!

Three Cheers for UM!!! :tu:

it wont happen, somehow he'll get his way

incorrect, would you like me to post pre-bush administration speeches from Clinton, UN officials etc regarding Iraqs wmd programs? what about the Iraq Liberation act pushed by the democrats in 1998? basically the claim that Bush lied holds no water whatsoever outside the minds of those playing partisan politics who are attempting to score political points

[/color]

Fine. let's look at the Iraq Freedom Act as signed by Bill Clinton. it clearly stated: "My Administration has pursued, and will continue to pursue, these objectives through active application of all relevant United Nations Security Council resolutions. The evidence is overwhelming that such changes will not happen under the current Iraq leadership.

In the meantime, while the United States continues to look to the Security Council's efforts to keep the current regime's behavior in check, we look forward to new leadership in Iraq that has the support of the Iraqi people. The United States is providing support to opposition groups from all sectors of the Iraqi community that could lead to a popularly supported government."

Nowhere does that act call for the invasion of Iraq, especially when executed through lies and misrepresentations.

* President Bush violated various sections of the United States Constitution and Universal Declaration of Human Rights;

going to have to expand on that, in what way? examples etc

[/color] Best explained by the impeachment document itself: This subversive conduct includes but is not

limited to trying to suspend the constitutional Writ of Habeas Corpus; ramming the

totalitarian U.S.A. Patriot Act through Congress; the mass-round-up and

incarceration of foreigners; kangaroo courts; depriving at least two United States

citizens of their constitutional rights by means of military incarceration; interference

with the constitutional right of defendants in criminal cases to lawyers; violating

and subverting the Posse Comitatus Act; unlawful and unreasonable searches and

seizures; violating the First Amendments rights of the free exercise of religion,

freedom of speech, peaceable assembly, and to petition the government for

redress of grievances; packing the federal judiciary with hand-picked judges

belonging to the totalitarian Federalist Society and undermining the judicial

independence of the Constitution's Article III federal court system; violating the

Third and Fourth Geneva Conventions and the U.S. War Crimes Act; violating the

International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights and the International

Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination; reinstitution of

the infamous "Cointelpro" Program; violating the Vienna Convention on Consular

Relations, the Convention against Torture, and the Universal Declaration of Human

Rights; instituting the totalitarian Total Information Awareness Program; and

establishing a totalitarian Northern Military Command for the United States of

America itself. In all of this George Walker Bush has acted in a manner contrary to

his trust as President and subversive of constitutional government, to the great

prejudice of the cause of law and justice and to the manifest injury of the people

of the United States.

* President Bush committed crimes relating to "bribery and coercion of individuals and governments;"

example? i hope he's not trying to claim for instance, Bush tried to coerce the Taliban or Iran or North korea or something ridiculous like that

You don't have to get that extreme. How about the transfer of political prisoners to nations that utilize torture so that the international anti-torture agreement signed by Reagan would not be violated? Saudi Arabia was paid to receive these prisoners (McKennie Report 9/13) and in itself that represents bribery to commit an international crime.

* President Bush has concealed "information vital to public discussion and informed judgment;" and

such as? Come on, you can't really be that naive.

* President Bush has caused or is responsible for assassinations, torture, and indefinite detentions such as the Camp X-Ray, Abu Ghraib torture and prisoner abuse, Bagram torture and prisoner abuse, desecration of the Qur'an at Guantánamo Bay and other such matters including the persecution of U.S. and non-U.S. Muslims.

bleeding heart?

My God, "bleeding heart?" Has the corruptive nature of this administration so brainwashed the citizenry? When we can no longer be concerned or compassionate for a human being, we lose the right to be part of the international community. Can you really believe that all of these prisoners were dangerous terrorists? The majority were defending their nation against a foreign aggressor just as I hope you would do if the situation was reversed.

* President Bush has violated the First Amendment to the United States Constitution on numerous occassions with the prohibitive measures on any protests or marches by the people of the United States."

prohibitive measures, as in? restricting protests to designated areas? or like asking protests to be organised and such? thats so the other 98% of people don't have to be inconvenienced by an idiot like sheehan

[/color]

Like wearing an anti-Bush slogan on a t-shirt at one of his speeches and being jailed? Or like the mother who shouted to him that she wanted to know why her son died in Iraq. She was forcably removed from the auditorum. These meetings were called Community Forums but when a member of the community wanted to speak or wore an article of clothing the Bush goons didn't like, they were removed and charged. What these people did was entitled under the First Amendment whether anyone, including Bush, wants to admit it or not.

Bush has proven to everyone that he had no intention of protecting the civil rights of the citizens of the nation he supposedly leads. He had demonstrated himself to be above those laws that best protect the American people and he continues to flaunt common protections and world opinion.

he wont be impeached...its nonsense, the House won't even pass it, and if they somehow do? the Senate will find Bush innocent...its all jibberish

Why do you have to hate Bush? Can't you see you and him are just like peas and mashed potatoes? Some people don't like them to touch each other and they're on the same plate! But it's okay! It's okay if they touch because they both get chewed up by the mouth, and sent down the esophagus and dissolved into the stomach and absorbed into the intestines and we won't go any further than that. But the point is, we're all just nutrients in the great big digestive system called LIFE!

But truthfully, I hate Bush too. :P