Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US aiming at Syria regime change

scoobysnack

My friend's step brother who is fighting in Iraq, sent him an email the other day saying equipment and troops are massing at the Iraq/Syrian border.

US 'aiming at Syria regime change'

By Anton La Guardia, Diplomatic Editor

(Filed: 10/05/2005)

Israel predicted yesterday that America would impose fresh sanctions on Syria in an attempt to overthrow President Bashar al-Assad.

Shaul Mofaz, the defence minister, said he believed sanctions would follow publication of a United Nations report expected to implicate senior Syrian officials in the murder of Rafik al-Hariri, the former Lebanese prime minister.

"I won't be surprised if Syria gets a red card," Mr Mofaz told Israel radio. "[The United States] will take actions against Syria, beginning with economic sanctions and moving on to others, that will make it clear to the Syrians that their policies do not comply with UN decisions, the US's new world order or the prohibition of sovereign states to support terrorism."

http://telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml...05/ixworld.html

FlashBack

What is the war about? I ask. Kristol replies that at one level it is the war that George Bush is talking about: a war against a brutal regime that has in its possession weapons of mass destruction. But at a deeper level it is a greater war, for the shaping of a new Middle East. It is a war that is intended to change the political culture of the entire region. Because what happened on September 11, 2001, Kristol says, is that the Americans looked around and saw that the world is not what they thought it was. The world is a dangerous place. Therefore the Americans looked for a doctrine that would enable them to cope with this dangerous world. And the only doctrine they found was the neoconservative one.

That doctrine maintains that the problem with the Middle East is the absence of democracy and of freedom. It follows that the only way to block people like Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden is to disseminate democracy and freedom. To change radically the cultural and political dynamics that creates such people. And the way to fight the chaos is to create a new world order that will be based on freedom and human rights :roll: - and to be ready to use force in order to consolidate this new world. So that, really, is what the war is about. It is being fought to consolidate a new world order, to create a new Middle East.

Is the Iraq war the great neoconservative war? It's the war the neoconservatives wanted, Friedman says. It's the war the neoconservatives marketed. Those people had an idea to sell when September 11 came, and they sold it. Oh boy, did they sell it. So this is not a war that the masses demanded. This is a war of an elite. Friedman laughs: I could give you the names of 25 people (all of whom are at this moment within a five-block radius of this office) who, if you had exiled them to a desert island a year and a half ago, the Iraq war would not have happened.

http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/pages/Sh...l?itemNo=280279

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scoobysnack

• Mr Ed

• Babs

• __Kratos__

Top Posters In This Topic

so your saying bush is after another middle east country? im confused

Scooby are you on LSD again?

Scooby, you like to quote a lot. Maybe it would be good if you typed up a brief summary of what you mean. Some of this stuff is confusing...

Scooby are you on LSD again?

:lol:

Nope, just reading the news!

I hope you don't think the united states is in the business of making peace, and even if we were, we have to make war in order to have peace. Surprised you didn't know that ^_^

Do you know what PNAC is? If you don't no wonder you think I'm crazy. We are going to change the middle east, Iraq is just the beginning.

Very selective in reading the news I see.

U.S. offensive takes on rebels from ground, sky: "Operation Iron Fist"

QAIM, Iraq (AP) — About 1,000 U.S. troops, backed by attack helicopters and warplanes, swept into a village near the Syrian border Saturday in an offensive aimed at rooting out al-Qaeda militants and stemming violence ahead of a crucial vote on a new constitution.

------------------

Hope that clears some things up for you guys. :tu:

Maybe it would be nice to include the full story next time, Scooby...:P

Well not quite, the story Kratos posted is not exactly what I'm talking about, I'm talking about changing the leader of Syria after the commision comes to it's conclusion. The point is that it is up to the US and Israel as to what kind of leader Syria has, this has nothing to do with democracy.

I guess it's my fault for not writting a paragraph explaining what I meant by this.

Here is another article :

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/objects/pages...l?itemNo=631807

I hope we do go in, start with Syria; things are getting pretty bad. Syria needs to be addressed. :ph34r:

When you say that this war isn't the result of the masses it is a war of the elite: that's poppycock. It 'is' the will of the people. Yes, after 911, this is what the people want, and this is what the people have to do in order to stay safe.

Syria has been a problem for a long time and now it is finally coming to a head.

Edited by Babs