Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My sister has gone missing

AliceCoopersGirl

Thank goodness she's okay, you must be extremely relieved.

I still can't help but wonder what exactly happened though..

a few years ago i was at the park with my sis when she disappeared. i was freaken out. I called the cops, there was news crews, and everything. firefighters on bikes and the whole nine yards. i was trying to find my sister, but then these reporter guys got in my face, asking me how i felt. wow. soulless people, I was crying my brains out, and here they were asking for the scoop. finally we found her, nine and a half hours later. it seems she was walking when she fell down this culvert thing. hit her head, got knocked out, then when she came to it was dark, so she started down the culvert towards home. I swear, I was so freaking relieved I couldn't stop holding her. I know what you went through... and i would not wish it on ANYBODY. I am super glad she is safe.

Glad to hear she is alright...and I agree that she should be grounded for life...

I am so glad she is ok. where was she? i hope you never have to go through that again. hugs.

Thanks, ACG!!!

You could probably hear my sigh of relief when I read your up-date. When you through hugging her, give her hell for scaring you so badly!!! Then hug her again & again & again!!! :D

I'm so thrilled that all is OK.

Yes, I've often thought about wanting to "disappear", but I wouldn't do it that way. Someone I love & trust would know where I am. It's one thing to "get away from it all", it's quite another to put your loved one in a tail spin!!! :blink:

40nrockinon :devil:

Thank goodness she's okay!! I have to agree w/the others on here, she would be grounded until she was married! LOL I am so glad that things worked out. Thank you so much for letting us know. :)

Alice, slap her for me, then hug her ,then slap her one more time and tell her never ever to do it again. That kind of worry is horrible, I know I have been through it before as well.

Thank goodness she is safe.

Extremely glad to hear she's okay, ACG. I've been thinking about it all day. Too bad she gave you such a scare.

I'd recommend doing what Kismit said though.

Thanks everyone for everything...you have all been fantastic...(((hugs everyone real tight))) :wub:

Quick update...as of yet I still don't know everything apart from the guy tried to get my sister to do some things she was not ready for...but he didn't hurt her,just scared her a bit.

I have not been able to speak to her yet as my Mum has taken her mobile phone away and barred the computer from letting her into chat rooms...so she is sulking in her room and won't talk to anyone.

:angry2: Oooh that makes me mad, how can some people even suggest things like that to a 16 year old you've just met especially when you're over 25, thank goodness she had the sense not to go through with anything and he didn't hurt her.

I think a good long sulk in her room sounds about right.

I think a good long sulk in her room sounds about right.

Thats sounds great to me...think I might get away with a good sulk in my room as well Bardude? :lol::lol::wub:

I am so glad she if safe and well.

And the one good thing that might come from this is to show the importance to the younger UM users about arranging to meet strangers!

few years ago i was at the park with my sis when she disappeared. i was freaken out. I called the cops, there was news crews, and everything. firefighters on bikes and the whole nine yards. i was trying to find my sister, but then these reporter guys got in my face, asking me how i felt. wow. soulless people, I was crying my brains out, and here they were asking for the scoop.

At least they didn't go and pay a couple of people who weren't even there a couple of hundred bucks to give a statement of what happened *yes, that has happened to me*

ACG - I'm glad your sister is ok. I know it's cliche, but I can't imagine what it would be like to be in your situation. Don't go too hard on her though if her experience is as traumatic as yours. Experience is the best teacher!

Regards, PA

Edited by Paranoid Android

Atleast while she is sulking in here room you all know where she is.

It's amazing how many people there are out there waiting for and preying on children, in chat rooms. There was a show run recently in New Zealand, where some adults pretended to be naive 14 year olds over the net. Over a three day period there where at least 5 men (over 30 years old) willing to meet up with these children in private. Caught on tape for all of New Zealand to see, including their wives. Suckers!

Your sister is incredibly lucky that she can be in her own room sulking today.

Thank god she is safe and sound.. Your mum has done the right thing.. she needs someone to keep her safe after the scare your family had.. I hope your parents are ok too.. As a mother i would have died had this happen to one of my kid's.... :blush:

so glad to hear she was returned safe and sound! i vote getting netnanny!!!

Atleast while she is sulking in here room you all know where she is.

It's amazing how many people there are out there waiting for and preying on children, in chat rooms. There was a show run recently in New Zealand, where some adults pretended to be naive 14 year olds over the net. Over a three day period there where at least 5 men (over 30 years old) willing to meet up with these children in private. Caught on tape for all of New Zealand to see, including their wives. Suckers!

Your sister is incredibly lucky that she can be in her own room sulking today.

That's too funny. :lol:

I hope that taught some people a lesson.

Also, AliceCoopersGirl, I hope your sister learned something from this whole thing too..

OH MY GOD! If anything like that happened to anyone I cared about, I'd die...

I'm so so so glad she's okay!!! :D

• The topic was locked