Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

what am i ?

Chris Palko

if one chooses not to believe i nthe bible and what it says but do believe that there was a jesus there is a god.. just not the ones depicted in the bible.. whats that make me .??

im not a devil worshiper and never would be.. i just have no faith in the bible ..

whast that make me if i have no faith in such a thing.. again i believe theres a god a but not the one we are taught to believe in..

am i an athiest ???

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chris Palko

• mako

• Hmm

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell, I guess that makes you some kind of Christian sectarian.

Church of Christian Scientists, or something like that. You might wanna read around it though, I'm hardly an authority on religion

Edited by nick_fury

:innocent: I think agnostic. :huh:

Um you're me a christian who has no faith in the bible.... That's all you're a Christian... Says no where about having to believe in the bible...

:innocent: I think agnostic. :huh:

yea but if you lable me anostic then that leaves peopl to think " oh this guy doesnt believe in god nor jesus so he has to be satans disciple." which is not true at all. i belive there is a god.. a god we have to deal with in the after life i guess .. but not a god so strong to have faith in during our lives.. if a god cant help us in the matter of our own sake during our life then why do we have su much faith in one we dont know of..

and the same for jesus.. i believe there was a guy named jesus who said i am gods son .. bu a person with supreme powers.. wheres the proof.??

im confused. im a strong catholic and have no problem and had no problem learning .. but im just tryin to figure out where i stand in beliefs and all .

Um you're me a christian who has no faith in the bible.... That's all you're a Christian... Says no where about having to believe in the bible...

catholic/ christian.?? or jus christian.?? i have no christian in my family.. nor people who study christian beliefs.. i have no experience in christian beliefs.. how do i manage to be a christian if so .?? or is it because of my current beliefs now that lables me as to what a christian believes...

yea but if you lable me anostic then that leaves peopl to think " oh this guy doesnt believe in god nor jesus so he has to be satans disciple."

Damn! I'd hate to hear what they'd say about an atheist like myself :lol:

Edited by nick_fury

U don't believe the Bible but believe in Jesus why. Do u have proof. What do you want to be labeled. I mean who cares a label is a label. I am Christian I have faith in Christ and proof of him thru the Bible. Why would you believe in Christ and not the Bible?

Maybe your a deist?

I agree, how can you have any belief in Jesus if you don't believe what is written in the bible. The only source of knowledge of Jesus is what was written there. So, if you do believe in Jesus, you must have some faith in the bible. Now if your saying that you don't take the bible 100% literal, than that'd make you equal to many, many Christians, including many Catholics, it simply means your not a fundamentalist. If you truly don't believe anything written in the bible, and by extension, believe in Jesus, than, yes, your agnostic. I've never ever heard anyone compare an agnostic to a devil worshipper. Remember where your posting man!

Agreed HMM. I just think he is an agnostic myself. Especislly since he said he didn't belive in the Bible. It just doesn't make sense to me. Please Clarify Chris. :yes:

yea but if you lable me anostic then that leaves peopl to think " oh this guy doesnt believe in god nor jesus so he has to be satans disciple."

Not true. An agnostic is someone who doesn't blindly believe in god, to put it simply. If people don't understand that then what does it matter? Do you care that much what people think?

ok so i dont believe in the bible.. then yea that would mean idont believe in jesus.. and jesus yes the only proof of him is through the bible....

BUT..

isnt it true that the Roman Historian Tacitus does depict jesus as a real person more less than a son of god.. Tacitus was a Roman historian who also mentioned the existence of the crucifixion of Jesus in his writings. In turn, the writings of Tacitus are viewed by historians as crucial to not only understanding early Middle Eastern history but also what we know of early Germanic tribes in Europe.In essence, while the divinity of Jesus is not something that can be proven historically, the historical community is quite sure that a person named Jesus did live in the Middle East two thousand years ago... thus giving this my reason to believe there was a guy named jesus but i think its not so quite like the jesus depicted towards waht the bible makes him out to be. ..

I'm in a similar situation, except less extreme. I believe in God and Jesus, and I read the Bible, but I don't think the Bible should be blindly followed as the exact truth because it's so old and it's been translated, edited, re-edited, translated again, etc. for thousands of years. Much of the Old Testament 'Stories', I believe, are lessons put in the way of stories. To me, the point of the parting of the Red Sea in the Bible wasn't to show that God can part water, it was to show that He can do anything. The New Testament, however, I believe is a little bit less garbled, but it's been nearly proven that it was heavily edited by the various churches; again, I don't read the New Testament looking for exact history, I read it for the lessons it can give me.

There's nothing wrong with questioning, though. I'm taking a Christianity course as an extra subject in school, and at the begining of the course they said something that I found remarkably open-minded:

(Paraphrased)"There are blind believers, and then there are questioning believers. Sadly, most people are blind believers; they just go through life regurgitating what they read in the Bible and praying formulaic prayers to God, but they never stop and actually look at what they're reading and saying, or question the validity of it. A questioning believer, however, because they ask questions and look for the hidden meanings of the Bible, will always have a better understanding of God and what He wants, and in the end will be the better for it."

Just my two cents. :)

I'm in a similar situation, except less extreme. I believe in God and Jesus, and I read the Bible, but I don't think the Bible should be blindly followed as the exact truth because it's so old and it's been translated, edited, re-edited, translated again, etc. for thousands of years. Much of the Old Testament 'Stories', I believe, are lessons put in the way of stories. To me, the point of the parting of the Red Sea in the Bible wasn't to show that God can part water, it was to show that He can do anything. The New Testament, however, I believe is a little bit less garbled, but it's been nearly proven that it was heavily edited by the various churches; again, I don't read the New Testament looking for exact history, I read it for the lessons it can give me.

There's nothing wrong with questioning, though. I'm taking a Christianity course as an extra subject in school, and at the begining of the course they said something that I found remarkably open-minded:

(Paraphrased)"There are blind believers, and then there are questioning believers. Sadly, most people are blind believers; they just go through life regurgitating what they read in the Bible and praying formulaic prayers to God, but they never stop and actually look at what they're reading and saying, or question the validity of it. A questioning believer, however, because they ask questions and look for the hidden meanings of the Bible, will always have a better understanding of God and what He wants, and in the end will be the better for it."

Just my two cents. :)

very interesting.. :tu:

Welcome Chris Palko To the UM forum.

Chris have you looked at Deism?

Deism is defined in Webster's Encyclopedic Dictionary, 1941, as: "[From Latin Deus, God.Deity] The doctrine or creed of a Deist." And Deist is defined in the same dictionary as: "One who believes in the existence of a God or supreme being but denies revealed religion, basing his belief on the light of nature and reason."

This common sense approach to God and a spiritual philosophy can not only bring a lasting profound sense of peace and happiness to the individual, but it also has the potential to go light years in eradicating religious fear, superstition and violence.

www.deism.com

A link for you.

Welcome Chris Palko To the UM forum.

Chris have you looked at Deism?

www.deism.com

A link for you.

Thanks Zandore. Desim.. never looked into it but as reading a definition on it maybe it can do me some good learning about it.. relates to how i believe in..

Edited by Chris Palko

Yes, Tacitus spoke of Christus, believed to be Christ. You are right. Josephus, Pliny the Younger, Lucian and the Babylonian Talmud also are non biblical references to Jesus the man. I was speaking of Jesus the Christ.

Edit: nm, you found your answer

Edited by Hmm

To believe in Christ means to believe really that he is able to protect his word.And God knows he is able.However if you dont believe in the Bible really means that you have little faith in the power are in whom Christ said he is,THE SON OF GOD. Are you willing to at least give the Word of GOD a chance?WHICH means applying it to your life in order to develop the faith you need. Are you under the power of Reason?

Hbr 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

Hbr 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen

Act 26:18 To open their eyes, [and] to turn [them] from darkness to light, and [from] the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

if one chooses not to believe i nthe bible and what it says but do believe that there was a jesus there is a god.. just not the ones depicted in the bible.. whats that make me .??

im not a devil worshiper and never would be.. i just have no faith in the bible ..

whast that make me if i have no faith in such a thing.. again i believe theres a god a but not the one we are taught to believe in..

am i an athiest ???

There is a sect that many of my tribe are members of called "Society of Friends" or Quakers. They do not have spiritual leaders ( Priests, Ministers, etc.) but sit in silence and meditate on Christ and his light. They each have their own personal beliefs and sometimes even stand up during their services (Meeting) and state their own opinions. They never argue individual beliefs because they vary to greatly but respect all peoples opinions. Now these are the traditional Quakers on the East Coast. I have heard on the West Coast they act more like Pentecostals or Baptists and are one the more radical denominations there. Maybe you should look into the traditional Quakers.

Lapi'che

To believe in Christ means to believe really that he is able to protect his word.And God knows he is able.However if you dont believe in the Bible really means that you have little faith in the power are in whom Christ said he is,THE SON OF GOD. Are you willing to at least give the Word of GOD a chance?WHICH means applying it to your life in order to develop the faith you need. Are you under the power of Reason?

Hbr 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

Hbr 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen

Act 26:18 To open their eyes, [and] to turn [them] from darkness to light, and [from] the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

The whole objective of relgion is to get you to agree to the Bible as a valid and vialble philosophy, yet the evidence is in if really applyed it doesn't work it actually generates alot of serious problems, the story of Jesus has translated out into how to be a Martyr, The majority of people beleive themselves to not only be seperate from each other but the nature that supports them hence enters a disregard for nature and a serious abuse of it, I could go on and on, but this is the gentler side of spirituality Also Faith is hoping what you beleive is true the evidence of boiblical faith is lots of blood shed and discrimination and anger of this Diety. Namaste sheri

Edited by Sheri berri

Because i dont believe whom christ said he is in the bible.. makes me a person with no FAITH.???

and yes i am under the power of Reason.. i believe everything has reasoning.. not just assumption.

am i an athiest ???

I suppose you are like the guy at this website:

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0001/0001_01.asp

allow page to load.

This is your Life!