Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What Screen Resolution Do You Use ?

Saru

What Screen Resolution Do You Use ?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What Screen Resolution Do You Use ?

• 800x600
    • 1024x768
    • Higher

Out of curiosity, which screen resolution do you use on your computer ?

( For normal windows use that is, not in games or anything )

If you don't know offhand, right click on your desktop, click 'properties', and the resolution you are using will be displayed in the bottom right hand corner of the 'settings' tab.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Bizarro

• dust19

• SpaceyKC

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Gareth, does this forum allow you to modify the code? if it does you can use one of those statcounter things like i have one my website and it gives you all kinds of nifty information on visitors to the site. i get a summary report that shows resolution, browser, java enabled or not, ip, domain, country, OS, the path of how they found the site, most popular page, etc. i don't know if that's possible to use here or not but you might want to look into it as its very useful information that can help you design for your visitors.

i know that statcounter.com offers an invisible one that you can embed in your pages. its free too.

oh ya, it also has graphs for easy viewing. its pretty cool.

here is a link to the demo page:

http://www.statcounter.com/summary.php?use...ame=statcounter

Thanks Bizarro. I was only curious really, I'm not sure I want to use Statcounter, but a PHP or perl script for logging resolution might be a good idea. Our host provides a great deal of logging and analysis tools, but screen resolution isn't in there unfortunately.

I feel proud of myself, I actually found the place that tells me what SaRuMaN was asking for(768x1024). blush.gif

tongue.gif Mine is 1024x 768 but I didn't know you could adjust it so have been playing grin2.gif

Mine is 1024x 768 but I didn't know you could adjust it so have been playing 
Lol now I know why you need that hammer so often Celti laugh.gif .

My screen resolution is 800 x 600 . original.gif

currently i'm using 1280x960 at 32bit color. It looks nice at this res. Once you go high, it's almost impossible to go back down to like 800x600

Do you not find some things difficult to read at that resolution ?

I have a 19 inch monitor and I've tried that resolution before, but found that it makes the writing on most sites to be far too small for comfortable reading.

My current resolution is 1024x768, which is also what the site is optimized for.

it's usually hard to read, but this is a really nice monitor, and since I'm at work and work primarily in graphics applications, I need the screen "space". It's a Dell flat monitor, total diagonal screen size is is 17inches. It looks fine to me. At home I use 1024x768, but i'd go beyond that if the refresh rate didn't go below 85hz

I'm on 1152 X 864 @ 85hz using a Samsung SyncMaster 765MB 17" flat screen monitor.

The monitor is only two weeks old, before that I had to use 1024 X 768 but this Samsung is beautiful and crisp and I'm having no trouble on the higher res.

thumbsup.gif

I feel proud of myself, I actually found the place that tells me what SaRuMaN was asking for(768x1024). blush.gif

Lol KC same here.. wink2.gif And mine is also set at 1024x768 at 32bit colour....ummm whatever that means... blink.gif

oh ya, mine is 1280x960 grin2.gif

i agree with Dust. when you go higher, you can't go back. i can read everything just fine, but i also have excellent vision.