Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hillary Clinton Urges Katrina Aid for

__Kratos__

Presidential candidate Hillary Clinton is urging the Department of Homeland Security to assure illegal immigrants that they will get their fair share of Hurricane Katrina relief aid without fear of being deported.

In a statement posted to her official Senate web site on Wednesday, Clinton said that the DHS should "issue a formal statement reassuring immigrant victims of Hurricane Rita and Katrina that they can seek help from relief agencies without fear of deportation or being turned over to immigration authorities."

In a letter written directly to Homeland Security Chief Michael Chertoff, Clinton and other Senate Democrats complained that they first asked for Katrina amnesty for illegals more than two weeks ago, but have not received a response.

"In fact," they said, "we were surprised and troubled to learn that DHS has placed some individuals in deportation proceedings after these individuals sought assistance, despite the fact that the government had previously encouraged all storm victims to come forward to seek help.

"Particularly given the widely publicized reports that DHS will deport some immigrant victims of Katrina who sought assistance, we believe such a public assurance is crucial." Mrs. Clinton urged Chertoff to "terminate removal proceedings against those [illegal immigrants] who were placed in proceedings after they sought assistance."

Other Senate Democrats who signed onto Mrs. Clinton bid to obtain Katrina aid for illegal immigrants include Harry Reid, Dick Durbin, Maria Cantwell, Barack Obama, Russ Feingold, Daniel Akaka, Frank Lautenberg, Joe Lieberman, Carl Levin, John F. Kerry, Chris Dodd, Pat Leahy and Jon Corzine.

Source

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Round the criminals up and ship'em out. They deserve NOTHING! :tu:

DHS is doing their job. Nothing less, nothing more... but are getting ripped on for doing it properly. :blink: Hillary Clinton needs to open up her eyes a bit and needs to rub off that face of stupid. :yes:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Ed

• __Kratos__

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• XNavyGunner

People that are here illegally should be deported no matter what the circumstances. I think that they should be given medical attention if needed, and should be treated like any other criminal.

People that are here illegally should be deported no matter what the circumstances.

What a pleasant example of humanity.

From what you have said, that means you would want two illegal immigrants, say a mother and child, deported, even if you knew that when they got home they would surely be tortured and murdered for their religious beliefs.

We have to have some control of our borders. We have way to many illegals using our social services and paying no tax because they are paid in cash. I have no problem with a set number of legal immigrations, but we have stop this open border.

Edited by ericraven2003

From what you have said, that means you would want two illegal immigrants, say a mother and child, deported, even if you knew that when they got home they would surely be tortured and murdered for their religious beliefs.

Isn't that covered under persecution and asylum?

I don't know.

The guy said...

People that are here illegally should be deported no matter what the circumstances.

So I gave that scenario, say they hung onto the bottom of the Euro Train.

Or maybe the government didn't recognise their problem.

Just making a point, but maybe you are right, maybe they would be saved.

I'm sure that under special circumstances there would be acceptions. However, I tend to agree that if a person is here under illegal means, they should be treated as such. Provide basic medical care, and ship them back to whatever country of origin they came from...

Let me emphasize the word illegal. There are millions of people that are allowed citizenship into this country by legal means.

It's not our problem or obligation to impede the economics of our country to aid these people who bypassed the legal means, and entered our country illegally.

On a side note, Mrs. Clinton is only making an attempt to obtain the votes of the growing minority...and with any luck...p***ing off the people that were undecided in their votes, and will hopefully vote against her now.

If Hillary gets elected, I will be the one wanting to move to another country. She is real B. I always understood why Bill Clinton would want to cheat.

doesn't illegal mean anything to you?

good for her. Glad to hear she's pushing for this.

In retrospect...so am I... :devil:

Pushing for criminals that hurt America and have no right to be here... is good? :blink:

Pushing for criminals that hurt America and have no right to be here... is good? :blink:

Only when it's done by Mrs. Clinton :devil:

Yes, helping everyone effected by the hurrican is a good thing. reguardless.

But then, why should it matter.. I am the heartless monster, ya know.

Thanks for admitting that. It takes alot of guts.lol :devil:

Welcome to the club... :devil:

People that are here illegally should be deported no matter what the circumstances. I think that they should be given medical attention if needed, and should be treated like any other criminal.

Amen!!

Yep... Hillary the Antichrist is trying to get her followers in line! :rolleyes:

This woman is nothing but TROUBLE!!! B)

I don't think you understand that a great number of the illegals come from a country where this isn't the issue. If that was their concern, they could easily sue for asylum.

Everybody that deserves it. They have no right to be here and have no right to any money for being here illegally.

Yep... Hillary the Antichrist is trying to get her followers in line! :rolleyes:

This woman is nothing but TROUBLE!!! B)

I agree... she is trouble. :yes:

Considering they're not our responsibility or problem, then I'm ok with it. We gotta look after our own first.

Real nice...

Well, its true each country should look after their own citizens first. We shouldh't have to sacrifce money and resources for illegals.

Katrina Aid for illegal aliens? Why not just forgive the looters? Oh and let's not forget the murderer who claims he was a molested child, let's let him off as well. Come on Hillary wake up and take a sniff of the crap you are shoveling. If they arrived here illegally what on earth makes them eligible for any aid, funds, support, etc. etc. When did they pay into the system. This "woman" is without a doubt in my mind a subversive and should be removed from office. Even the good people of the state of New York are having more than a few second thought since electing her.