Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dinosaurs & Humans

etvisitor7

intelligent desighn has about a handful of sceptical pieces of "evidence" compared to the 98.how much percent of evidence towards evolution. theres DNA and bone similarity and we have tract the evolution of some species back aloms all the way. back to millions and billions of years and what does intelligent design have to say? the earht is 6,000 years old, there was nithing before go, the rest of the univers doesn't exist and it revolves around earth and that god created all, and that nazis and bush weren't a mistake. they have a few sunken chariots and a couple stone boxes that were sopposedly belongiing to "jesus".

i am not to creative today, i could think of MUCH more, but i ain't that smart today. its the worlds largest brainfart. :wacko:

Present civilization starting from Adam until now is @ 6000 years old. Before Adam was 'formed from the dust of the ground,' how long was there? Eden already existed before Adam was put in the garden that was planted eastward in Eden. Starting at Genesis chapter 2, it explicitly states that the heavens and the earth AND THE HOST OF THEM were finished. In Gen. 2:7, man was formed from the dust of the ground and that started man's history.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frogfish

• draconic chronicler

• zandore

• DemonWatcher

Gravity is the magnetic pull of the center of the earth on the metallic elements. Does theory evolve into a fact?

From daffodils to orchids. Now why would anything be shaped like that? Happy hummingbirds!

Oh, and intelligent design? I'll have to think about that.

There are four fundamental forces that govern the interaction of matter:

Electromagnetic

Weak Nuclear

Strong Nuclear

Gravity

Gravity and magnetism are completely unrelated.

Gravity is one of the universal forces of nature. It is an attractive force between all matter, and is very weak as compared to the other forces of nature. The gravitational force between two objects is dependent on their masses, which is why we can only see gravity in action when at least one of the objects is very large (like the Earth).

Gravity is defined as an attraction between two objects. Everything in the Universe with mass has gravity, but only large objects like planets or moons have a gravity strong enough to affect other things.

Magnets have poles. The earth has poles. The sun has poles. Why aren't we pulled into the sun? Gravity? No. Centrifugal force? Why isn't the moon pulled into the earth? Centrifugal force? No. The poles are the same, but the mass is different. The poles of an individual are opposite than the poles of the eath so they attract each other.

Yes, Gravity does not have poles, but gravity has a center. In that way you're right, but we are leaving off electrical charges. Each cell in your body has an electrical charge, a negative electrical charge. The iron at the center of the earth has a positive electrical charge because of the temperature.

Magnetic reversals.

Recent studies of remannt (residual) magnetism in rocks and of magnetic anomalies on the floors of the oceans (such as the Bermuda Triangle) have shown that the magnetic field of the earth has reversed its polarity at least 170 times in the past 100 million years. Knowledge of these reversals, which can be dated from radioactive isotopes in the rocks, has had a great influence on theories of continental drift and the spreading of ocean floors.

Would the reversal in the poles cause the difference in attraction and repulsion? I don't know but the earth has a center, but that explains the 'flood of Noah.' That also explains the droughts.

I'm just using this to think of why everything is happening the way it is. Adding to the 'Theory of Everything.'

If the poles again reversed, would we be able to fly? Or build pyramids with 2 ton blocks?

Edited by greggK

The Curie point of iron stands at around 1000K, whereas the temperature of the inner core is around 5500K. So as far as I can tell, no, the iron that composes the Earth's inner core doesn't have a magnetic charge at all.

Why isn't the moon pulled into the earth? Centrifugal force?
It is. The only reason the moon doesn't collide with us is due to the fact that it's travelling horizontally, and the Earth is spherical. Are you familiar with the concept of Newton's Cannon? It's the same principle. It also explains why we don't 'fall' in to the Sun.

The poles are the same, but the mass is different. The poles of an individual are opposite than the poles of the eath so they attract each other.

So are you telling me that if I stand on my head or visit Australia I will be repelled in to deep space?

Again, the electromagnetic and gravitational forces are unrelated. We're attracted to the Earth due to gravity, not any electromagnetic charge.

Present civilization starting from Adam until now is @ 6000 years old. Before Adam was 'formed from the dust of the ground,' how long was there?

man was created on the sixth day. suposadly. on the first day there was nothing, then water and land, then the sky, then plants, then there was plants, then animals then man, them, on the seventh day god rested. however it took billions of years for the life on earth today to evovle. there were mo dinosaurs, but they don't explain there bones, or the link between hippo DNA or that of the whale, they say the earth is 6,000 years old when carbon and radio dating date fossils back, once agian, billions of years. the bible only explaines the earth but not the resto of the infinite advance of the unerverse, it says that eveything revovles around earth. all the evidence is based on a thousand year old books that has probably changed and no one knows who wrote it. it could be written by an ancient fiction writer. for all we know millions of people could be worshipping a novel. now come on, come up with another point. i'll poop all over that too :devil:

i found some more of this supposed proof that dinosaurs and humans coexisted but it's a bible page so i'm not too sure, those guys will say anything to convince people

http://www.bible.ca/tracks/dino-art.htm

http://www.bible.ca/tracks/tracks.htm

http://www.bible.ca/tracks/dino-fossils.htm

i found some more of this supposed proof that dinosaurs and humans coexisted but it's a bible page so i'm not too sure, those guys will say anything to convince people

http://www.bible.ca/tracks/dino-art.htm

http://www.bible.ca/tracks/tracks.htm

http://www.bible.ca/tracks/dino-fossils.htm

That type of site is very unreliable as they ignore infomation and scientific methodology to show things.

there like PETA they are to desperate so they make wild overexaggerated, and compeltly unreliable, face it, cristiantiy is DYING!!!!

Present civilization starting from Adam until now is @ 6000 years old. Before Adam was 'formed from the dust of the ground,' how long was there? Eden already existed before Adam was put in the garden that was planted eastward in Eden. Starting at Genesis chapter 2, it explicitly states that the heavens and the earth AND THE HOST OF THEM were finished. In Gen. 2:7, man was formed from the dust of the ground and that started man's history.

There's really nothing in the Bible that actually states how old the Earth is; for that reason it's really not a matter that we need to concern ourselves with. It's hard to believe from reading the Bible that the Earth's age should be considered in anything other than thousands of years. Atheists, anti-Christians and the like have tried to make an issue out of the Earth's age in their effort to destroy the Christian faith, but the so-called evidence that they present doesn't exactly prove anything. One thing that I found interesting was the fact that many people here have gone around proclaiming the Earth to be 4.5 billion years old, when in fact according to their science, this is simply the supposed age of the oldest known rock on this planet. If they can't even get this simple fact straight, how much credibility can any of their argument have. The fact of the matter is that things can happen on this planet faster than many evolutionists want to admit. The ability for plant and animal life to re-establish itself around Mount St. Helens is an excellent example; scientists were amazed by how rapidly this occurred. As for meteorites/asteroids causing the dinosaurs to go extinct, well, within the last century there has been at least one significant encounter with a meteor/asteroid in Tanguska; and apparently in recent years there have been some asteroids that have passed within the distance between the Earth and the Moon. I think if the planet has really been around for so many billions of years it would have been struck so often by asteroids that life never would have established itself the way that evolutionists claim it did.

KGS

There's really nothing in the Bible that actually states how old the Earth is; for that reason it's really not a matter that we need to concern ourselves with. It's hard to believe from reading the Bible that the Earth's age should be considered in anything other than thousands of years. Atheists, anti-Christians and the like have tried to make an issue out of the Earth's age in their effort to destroy the Christian faith, but the so-called evidence that they present doesn't exactly prove anything. One thing that I found interesting was the fact that many people here have gone around proclaiming the Earth to be 4.5 billion years old, when in fact according to their science, this is simply the supposed age of the oldest known rock on this planet. If they can't even get this simple fact straight, how much credibility can any of their argument have. The fact of the matter is that things can happen on this planet faster than many evolutionists want to admit. The ability for plant and animal life to re-establish itself around Mount St. Helens is an excellent example; scientists were amazed by how rapidly this occurred. As for meteorites/asteroids causing the dinosaurs to go extinct, well, within the last century there has been at least one significant encounter with a meteor/asteroid in Tanguska; and apparently in recent years there have been some asteroids that have passed within the distance between the Earth and the Moon. I think if the planet has really been around for so many billions of years it would have been struck so often by asteroids that life never would have established itself the way that evolutionists claim it did.

KGS

The meteor site at Yucatan is very very different to the explosion of mount St Helens, in just scale alone the difference is uncomprehensible. Chicxulub is truely enormous in size and would have global effects upon the atmosphere for thousands of years afterwards, coupled with a smaller (big still very big) meteor crash in the North Sea the climatic change would be enough to cause many areas of the plent to become so hostile that most species could not survive. Mount St Helens affected a small area relatively speaking and had flora and fauna in close proximity to the damage boundry that was still in the same habitat. The meteor at Chicxulub affected such a large area of the world, not just a smal section of one country, but every continent. Couple this in with massive volcanic activity at the time leading to a highly posioned atmosphere and you can see how the a species already in decline like the dinosaurs where could be wiped out (this is not an instant thing though, the fastest mass extinction was over 1 million years at the end of the Permian, this is also the biggest mass extinction event). Upon leaving the cretaceous and entering the tertiary period, there only remants of the dionsaurs remaining are birds and crocodiles and there is absolutly no evidence for any dinosaurs surviving post this time at all. NONE not one little peiece in 65 million years worth of strata. You pick a very poor example with a small volcanic explosion (relativly) and a meteor that left a crater roughly 145-180Km wide.

Large meteor hits are however very rare, most that hit are very small indeed. The one group of organisms most capable of surviving such things are however bacteria, the most simple forms of life.

yeah, they can pretty much survive anything, tah and water bears, they can survive extreme heat cold radiation and even vacuums. they can survuve without water for 100 years!