Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

We Need A Fence!

__Kratos__

user posted image

Illegal immigration into the United States is out of control, particularly across our southern border. Several members of Congress and Governors have declared states of emergency. The problem is not merely the number of illegal immigrants. In addition to the hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants from Central and South America, there are several hundreds, perhaps thousands, of illegal aliens from countries that sponsor terrorism or harbor terrorists entering the United States each year across our border with Mexico. Thus, it is a national security issue as well as an immigration issue.

Click Here To Sign The Petition!

Your voice will be sent to Pres. Bush, your U.S. Senators and your U.S. Representative!

We Need A Fence Homepage

I've put my name in to speak up. Are you willing to speak up?

Thank you for signing and for your time. :)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• __Kratos__

• PadawanOsswe

• Hmm

• Megalomania

I thought you had a fence that ran the length of the boarder between America and Mexico?

I thought you had a fence that ran the length of the boarder between America and Mexico?

Not yet. :(

I don't know about an actual FENCE, but i thought there was some barbed wire, chicken wire, or something like that. again, not a fence, but at least some semblance of one? :hmm:

Even if we did it wouldn't be enough as it is now..The Border Patrol is one of the most poorly equipped and understaffed things going..We'd really need to beef up security and restructure how we do things..Even the highest wall can be breached if there's nobody to patrol it..

I want to add an addendum to the petition asking for a minefield and sniper stations.

Agree with Falco. We're an island and we still get a huge amount of immigrants. They'll just find more and more inventive ways to get across the border

Edited by nick_fury

its gotta be a large fence to keep all them mexicans in

I want to add an addendum to the petition asking for a minefield and sniper stations.

Hmmm (no pun intended).......sounds familiar..

Oh yeah! Cold War Era Berlin!

Agree with Falco. We're an island and we still get a huge amount of immigrants. They'll just find more and more inventive ways to get across the border

I don't blame them, I would do exactly the same if I were them. So would you.

I already signed it. I am proud to say at least one of the stae legislatiors from Colorado waas on the border recently with the Minutemen.

Just hope that one day you don’t find yourself in the position of not being able to feed your family and having to make an illegal crossing so you can make some money to feed your children!

I lived in Mexico City for 5 years, and I understand what they are trying to achieve. Even though I don’t condone the ways in which they try and achieve it.

that site is probably fake anyway, they will just want to get your details for stuff like insurance fraud, stuff like that

Just hope that one day you don’t find yourself in the position of not being able to feed your family and having to make an illegal crossing so you can make some money to feed your children!

I lived in Mexico City for 5 years, and I understand what they are trying to achieve. Even though I don’t condone the ways in which they try and achieve it.

Seriously, I don't care for their reasons. People have ways of changing their government if they want a better life. If they want to come to the US, there are LEGAL ways. I moved to Austin recently, I was staggered at the number of people on the streets with signs looking for work. So to say that their coming to the US doesn't hurt Americans doesn't fly. I'll admit though that our corporations and government turns a blind eye in exchange for the cheap labor, and in doing so they are weakening us.

I don't blame them, I would do exactly the same if I were them. So would you.

I don't blame them either...Not one bit. And I don't wish them any ill at all..

But I do know this..

Letting everyone in isn't the answer for any of us..

Having another country you know you can easily run to almost guarantees you'll never expend any effort to improve your own..

Don't like it? Stage a revolution, work To effect political and economic change..Do something anyway..It's worked many times in the past..

But then most 1st world countries have this problem with illegal and legal immigrants. Here in England we are told that is it keeps filling up at the rate it is, by the year 2010 us British will be a minority in our own country! And we are an Island!

There is a simple solution to this problem, IMHO.

For now, we need our military on the border to stop illegal immigration until the border patrol can be retrained and re-equipped to properly handle the job. I mean they need to hire thousands of trainees, train them well, and arm them heavily.

I have no problem with open immigration, that is documented. If someone comes into this country, and that is all they have done, come here, and in that act have already broken a major law... What does that say about them? I would think that it means they will continue to breaking laws...

My opinion is we should have a 1 year amnesty program in the United States. Any illiegal immigrants that live here already can register, get a SS number, start paying taxes, and they can stay. After the cut off point they will be kicked out, "blacklisted" and never be allowed to return again.

After that, stick a well armed border patrol on the border, behind a fence, tell them if a person runs from them, shoot them. Cold hearted, yes. Necessary, yes.

Somebody also needs to make serious repercussions against the Mexican government as well. I am under the impression that they practically encourage illiegal immigration to the United States.

But then most 1st world countries have this problem with illegal and legal immigrants. Here in England we are told that is it keeps filling up at the rate it is, by the year 2010 us British will be a minority in our own country! And we are an Island!

Ethnic Europeans will minority in Britain in 2010?

For now, we need our military on the border to stop illegal immigration until the border patrol can be retrained and re-equipped to properly handle the job. I mean they need to hire thousands of trainees, train them well, and arm them heavily.

Calling out the Military to patrol the American-Mexican border is illegal. Sending out the Military to an area of the United States will just lead to an occupation of it's own land and people.

This is why America has the National Guard. The National Guard is under state and federal law to meet to needs of both State and Federal governments. Since America is not at war with Mexico there is no reason to put federalize troops on the ground.

Border patrol is the job for law enforcement or Federal law enforcement. The American-Mexican border should be Patrol by the Border Patrol and a assisted by the National Guard.

Edited by coldwhitelight

My opinion is we should have a 1 year amnesty program in the United States. Any illiegal immigrants that live here already can register, get a SS number, start paying taxes, and they can stay. After the cut off point they will be kicked out, "blacklisted" and never be allowed to return again.

I agree with everything you stated but the quote I posted above. My wife is a legal immigrant to this country, and she is now working on becoming a citizen. It is a lot of work and a lot of time invested into the process, and to have a bunch of illegals absolved of their crime, and rewarded for breaking the law, grr, that idea p***es me off. Hell, would they be required to take the citizenship test that she has to? I bet not.

I don't know about an actual FENCE, but i thought there was some barbed wire, chicken wire, or something like that. again, not a fence, but at least some semblance of one? :hmm:

A fence would be cheaper in the long run and it would provide extra national protection. :tu:

Hmmm (no pun intended).......sounds familiar..

Oh yeah! Cold War Era Berlin!

The Berlin wall was designed to keep people prisoners in their own nation, not from illegally entering another nation. :yes:

I already signed it. I am proud to say at least one of the stae legislatiors from Colorado waas on the border recently with the Minutemen.

That's awesome! :)

that site is probably fake anyway, they will just want to get your details for stuff like insurance fraud, stuff like that

No, it's not. It's a project of Let Freedom Ring. :tu:

I agree for the most part with you, RagePatriot. Just not on the amnesty program. Why should we AWARD criminals for commiting crime? Doesn't make sense to me. I'd rather have Homeland go through and start picking them up and shipping them out of this country.

Calling out the Military to patrol the American-Mexican border is illegal. Sending out the Military to an area of the United States will just lead to an occupation of it's own land and people.

This is why America has the National Guard. The National Guard is under state and federal law to meet to needs of both State and Federal governments. Since America is not at war with Mexico there is no reason to put federalize troops on the ground.

Border patrol is the job for law enforcement or Federal law enforcement. The American-Mexican border should be Patrol by the Border Patrol and a assisted by the National Guard.

Nah, they would just do border patrols in greater numbers. Plus if we put actual military in there it would stop criminals from coming across a littl bit knowing there is trained military personal waiting for them. Even then, it wouldn't be really enough to stop it. A fence would provide much better protection.

Simply adding more border agents won't work unless there is one every hundred yards or so along the entire border. That would require between 150,000 and 200,000 agents and support personnel, rather than the 11,000 at present, and an annual budget of five to ten billion dollars.

Source

I agree with everything you stated but the quote I posted above. My wife is a legal immigrant to this country, and she is now working on becoming a citizen. It is a lot of work and a lot of time invested into the process, and to have a bunch of illegals absolved of their crime, and rewarded for breaking the law, grr, that idea p***es me off. Hell, would they be required to take the citizenship test that she has to? I bet not.

See, that would be extremely unfair to your wife and all other legal immigrants. They actually had to earn their citizenship. A criminal doesn't deserve any free passes because they are a criminal!

Hey... don't diss mexicans... I know a nice girl from Cancun :P

Ugh.... I don't really mind the mexicans getting in, seeing as though I'm not American :P

It's obvious you guys have different views :P

Hey... don't diss mexicans... I know a nice girl from Cancun :P

Ugh.... I don't really mind the mexicans getting in, seeing as though I'm not American :P

It's obvious you guys have different views :P

It's just not the Mexican people. It's for all illegal immigrants. :tu:

i resent this whole thing..especially "its gotta be a large fence to keep all them mexicans in" "all them mexicans"? excuse me? this topic should be closed.. please somebody do so.

i resent this whole thing..especially "its gotta be a large fence to keep all them mexicans in" "all them mexicans"? excuse me? this topic should be closed.. please somebody do so.

one of the worst redneck jokes i've ever heard.

this is not to keep any body in, but to keep illegals out. you do know that often illegals turn to criminal jobs right?