Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

We Need A Fence!

__Kratos__

Hey... don't diss mexicans... I know a nice girl from Cancun :P

Ugh.... I don't really mind the mexicans getting in, seeing as though I'm not American :P

It's obvious you guys have different views :P

were not dissing mexicans. in fact they are great people to have around,great work ethic. and most eccelent food! *mouth waters* :P

however...when you have all of mexico trying to get in Illegally... you are gonna have..

-Employment problems

-National Security issues

-Crime Rate going up

-etc...

also, Mexico is often used as a base of operations for people of many nations to illegally cross the boarder,including criminals and terrorists (thats where the National Security issue come into play).

Edited by PadawanOsswe

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• __Kratos__

• PadawanOsswe

• Hmm

• Megalomania

I just saw The Day After Tomorrow and it showed how Americans sought refuge in Mexico. They were not allowed to cross the border. what a reversal of fortune.

i resent this whole thing..especially "its gotta be a large fence to keep all them mexicans in" "all them mexicans"? excuse me? this topic should be closed.. please somebody do so.

:rolleyes: All illegal immigrants should be kept out. Just so happens a lot of them are in fact Mexican and should be kept out. Facts are not racist. :tu:

I just saw The Day After Tomorrow and it showed how Americans sought refuge in Mexico. They were not allowed to cross the border. what a reversal of fortune.

Yeah, I can make a movie about anything as well. Good for them? :blink: I've never seen that movie but if something did happen where I would have to flee, I'd be running and singing "O, Canada".

Those of us who have to deal with illegals want a fence. And the military should be on the border. They're being wasted stationed in Europe, especially in Germany and Bosnia.

Also illegals are a drain on our economy. Hospitals along the border are going bankrupt and making CITIZENS pay more because illegals cannot be denied services, but don't pay.

Whatever their reasons for crossing the border don't fly. We are not responsible for what goes on in their countries and we are not responsible for taking care of them. They need to learn that America is no the world's babysitter.

So, tell me, when we stop taking in the poor, the tired, and the huddled masses, where, exactly, are they going to go?

So, tell me, when we stop taking in the poor, the tired, and the huddled masses, where, exactly, are they going to go?

Live in their own countries. We shouldn't have to support them at all. They are criminals. They steal billions each year from hard working citizens and legal immigrants. We have laws and rules for a reason. :tu:

If you don't like this idea, don't sign your name.

Edited by __Kratos__

No, we can't take in everyone in need on this planet, but we can still leave this country open for people to have a better life, LEGALLY. This country was built on the backs of citizens fleeing from other nations, Kratos. If we shut down our borders, we should shut down Liberty Island.

they can make a living for themselves if they LEGALLY entered the U.S. otherwise, get them out. if they cant get jobs in Mexico, thats Mexico's problem, not ours!

No, we can't take in everyone in need on this planet, but we can still leave this country open for people to have a better life, LEGALLY. This country was built on the backs of citizens fleeing from other nations, Kratos. If we shut down our borders, we should shut down Liberty Island.

Well... maybe you should have read the site first...

Such a fence could be designed with up to two hundred legal crossing points to accommodate commerce, tourism and legitimate commuting. Although expensive in terms of initial outlay, in the long term it is both less expensive and more effective than any other solution currently being proposed.

Source

See, the fence would still allow legal immigrants to come through for a better life. :tu: I don't have a problem with any legal immigrants, just the illegal ones.

Not our problem. We have trouble enough taking care of our own. Why should we be responsible for them?

Also where would we get the resources to take care of them? they be sucking at the government teat, and that money would come from the taxpayers. And I already pay enough as it is.

Those of us who have to deal with illegals want a fence. And the military should be on the border.

America is not at war with Mexico, there is no reason to put federalize troops on the ground. Border patrol is the job for both law enforcement and Federal law enforcement. The American-Mexican border should be patrol by the Border Patrol and a assisted by the National Guard.

Well, then, let's just hope to god you never have to be a refugee, Kratos.

Don't! confuse illegal immigration with refugees those are two different situation.

A. Illegal immigration is the act of moving to or settling in another country or region, temporarily or permanently, in violation of the law or without documents permitting an immigrant to settle in that country. People who are illegal immigrants (also known as undocumented aliens) are individuals who move to a new country either in an illegal fashion, or in a legal manner but then outstay their authorized time in the country.

B. A refugee is a person who flees in search of refuge, as in times of war, political oppression, or religious persecution.

Mexico is not at war with another country. The illegal immigrants that cross the Mexican border into America are not refugees. Next time get your facts straight.

Nobody wants to shut down the borders, just secure it.

Edited by coldwhitelight

Don't! confuse illegal immigration with refugees those are two different situation.

A. Illegal immigration is the act of moving to or settling in another country or region, temporarily or permanently, in violation of the law or without documents permitting an immigrant to settle in that country. People who are illegal immigrants (also known as undocumented aliens) are individuals who move to a new country either in an illegal fashion, or in a legal manner but then outstay their authorized time in the country.

B. A refugee is a person who flees in search of refuge, as in times of war, political oppression, or religious persecution.

Mexico is not at war with another country. The illegal immigrants that cross the Mexican border into America are not refugees. Next time get your facts straight.

Nobody wants to shut down the borders, just secure it.

I was using an exaggerated example, I know what the facts are. And no one is disagreeing that we need better immigration controls, but building a fence is just plain overkill.

I was using an exaggerated example, I know what the facts are. And no one is disagreeing that we need better immigration controls, but building a fence is just plain overkill.

why? were not building the great wall, were just building a metal fence with maybe some barbed wire atop. we need to do something....cause obviously our fortess barbed wire line isnt cuttin it.

plus in the long run this fence will be a cheap solution.

Edited by PadawanOsswe

With all the problems illegal immigrants cause, this wouldn't be overkill but a solution to stop criminals. Sure, it wouldn't stop all illegal immigrants but a vast majority of them would be stopped. In the long run it would be cheaper to build then let them keep flowing in to America stealing money from hard working Americans.

What the hell are you all talking about? You got a fence. I know i climbed it 4 times.

What the hell are you all talking about? You got a fence. I know i climbed it 4 times.

Yeah, America has small ones, not one that goes all the way across the border though.

*compares China's population to America's*

Pfft, it's not THAT bad :P

Edited by Replacement100