Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

High School

Pink Fairy

Love?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that High schoolers able to experience love or do you think it's all puppy love?

• Of course
    • Perphaps
    • All Puppy Love
    • Don't really know
    • Don't care

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Feenix Fire

• Paranoid Android

• Megalomania

• darkknight

I think children can experience love but it's rare. For the most part, high schoolers tend to be infatuated, but there are a few that can differentiate the two.

Perhaps...one of my teacher said that 2 kids in his Bio class got married later....

All depends... That's all I have to say...

most certainly. how do i know? i'm in love right now.

been together 15 months

no intention of separating anytime soon.

it all depends on the maturity level of the two individuals and whether or not they have what it takes to maintain a relationship.

My vote: Of Course!

Real quick: I began dating someone when I was a sophmore in h.s. Shortly after I graduated, I married.

next month it'll be 5 yrs since we've married. I'm 23 he's 32. I fell in love while in high school so I validate my answer w/ my personal experience! :wub:

i got with my boyfriend sophmore year and stayed with him for seven years and got married. We're seperated now but I loved him and still love him very much. It can happen. :)

the answer that best summed up my feelings is "perhaps".

On the whole, I believe teenagers have not matured enough to know what they want. I wouldn't call it puppy love, or infatuation even, it's just an inability to know what they want. I know I was like that in High School, and most of the kids I work with at the youth group I run feel similar.

But there are exceptions. Two of my best friends at school started dating in year 11, and have now been married for six years and have two lovely children.

Hope this helps,

Regards, PA

It depends on the person.. some teenagers are very muture while others are not... ;)

Very interesting as you should mention this topic, where I was just thinking of it before. :D

As I myself, am in a relationship as of a few weeks ago :D This really puts the immaturity thing into perspective, seeing as though another couple hooked up at the same time as us.

They're not really that mature at all, and seem to be doing it for popularity.

Where as, I'm often told I'm very mature... so anyways... we'll see how it goes :P

Edited by Replacement100

Well I have technically graduated from High school and only have my final exams to go. I have been with Tiddlyjen for just over 18 months and I know what we have is true love!

I think that you can of course feel love when you are in your teens. Unfortunately, when you are that young you haven't had enough life experiences to put things into the appropriate perspective. The feelings are real, but I don't think the situation and ramifications are often understood properly.

my vote: don't really know

while some high schoolers DO get married and have a lifelong relationship, others seem to be stuck in what we call "puppy love"- this week, loving one person and that person is the only one you want to spend your life with, and then the next week it's someone else. or they get in a relationship and break up rather quickly.

while we don't know (for sure) at what age people become capable of romantic love, and since it differs for different people, i say that i "don't really know".

that is all.

I said "of course", although I think it depends on the maturity of the couple. I fell in love while still in high school. Things didn't work out for us, but I came away from the relationship a better person as a result. :tu:

After a more-than-a-year long relationship in High School I can safely say that it can and does happen. The problem? That we don't know how to mantain or support that love. As such one party ends up not being able to cope with the relationship to the same extent as the other, and the other party ends up getting exceptionally hurt. Not just stinged, not just scarred - But ripped to peices. And at that age that is incredibly dangerous.

So yeah, it can happen. My advice? Don't let it. :no:

Edited by Walken

It definitely happens. I believe I was when I was in a 2 year long relationship, it ended but on good terms, and we're best friends now. My brother's 1st girlfriend was in highschool and they've been married for 4 years now, and I'm an aunt :) I think as said before it depends on the maturity level.

Walken I wouldn't say "don't let it happen" I would say to just be really careful. Because at that age a lot of ppl treat their boyfriend/girlfriend relationship like it's everything. A lot of us move too quickly and sometimes make bad decisions in the name of "love". It's okay to be in love. Just remember that you're young and there is plenty of time for it in your future as well. Never allow yourself to be rushed into something that you have doubts about (marraige, sex,...) If they really care about you, they can be patient and respect your decisions. I'm speaking out of experience of course. I got married at a really young age and wasn't sure about what I was doing. I was just afraid of losing him. Be in love, but have a great time and enjoy your youth and freedom while you still have it. :tu: Love can hurt but wounds heal and life goes on.

Did anyone else notice, that most of the people here, who voted "of course" were in a relationship that DIDN'T last long? How can you say it was "love"? How many people can you love in a lifetime? 2? 3? 20?

Personally, I think, that a lot of highschoolers are not fully aware of their feelings, and mistake desires and different feelings for love. It can happen indeed, but it's more the exception, than the rule.

Snake, good deduction! :tu: I'm not sure how many people one can love in a lifetime, but for me personally I was in love twice before getting with my hubby. Once in high school and once as a young adult. I still believe what I felt in school was love but I was WAY too immature and selfish. :hmm: