Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Some sad, Yet happy news...

Yona

In a few wekks, I will be joining into the coast guard. I will start my training, or boot camp, at Cape May New Jersey. I will try and go in as a MST or Marine Science technician. I just wanted to let everyone know! i am getting my life on track, and I couldn't be happier. But at the same time, so very sad. For i will be leaving many people who have influenced my life for the better. My father and mother for starters. they helped me to realize this dream, and were with me everystep of the way. My best friend Vern, whom without I probably would have stopped studying math and never passed my final test. To everyone here for being my friends and listening to a ranter in need. To my siblings, who made me who i am today, with a little help from Adult swim. I just wanted to say thanks. :yes:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yona

• Weird_Al_Wonnabe

• codenamecloud

• nativechick1989

you'll make a great coast guard

Aw . . . just when I met you, you're leaving. :(Oh well, just remember you'll always have a friend here, who will listen to your 'ranting'. Good Luck in your Coast Guard career and I wish you all the best!!

~NC :)

Oh Yona, I wish you the best.

just a little advice for you during boot camp. physically boot camp should be a breeze. but mentally it will be one of the hardest trials in your life. there is nothing like leaving everyone behind in this way. believe i went through marine corps boot camp. but never give up and it is always nice to receive mail. make sure to get addresses because nothing will brighten you day more than a letter from a friend or loved one. good luck man

Thanks everyone, this really means alot to me, for knowing I have friends all over the world makes my day a little bit better. thanks all!

:yes:

sorry, my brain isnt working at this time, are you leaving the forums yona?

You won't be sorry Yona! Good luck to you! :tu:

Not a chance I wouldn't come back! Do not worry, for I will return, perhaps with a beard... like zz top.

aww Yona! The Coast Guard is wonderful. My BF is in the Coast Guard E5. When you get the chance, transfer to Hawaii! =) Anyway, good luck in boot camp and whatever you endeavor! I bet you can't wait to go to Alaska after you graduate.

Edited by endlessgirl

Lol howd ya guess! But i told everyone I would update them, so here goes. I passed my asvab! with an 82! I wouldv'e gotten 90, but the guy said that one of them was a test test, so they just gave me a 82, but still! Whooo! Anyways, I go into Basic Training in march, seeing as it's winter, and you cannot train in winter for some reason, my best guess being the cold water.

I'm happy for you, for following your dreams Yona!

And I have the highest respect for people who put their own life on the line to save others.

Your gonna be a hero!

Edited by Kryso