Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Canadians taking part in Iraqi insurgency

Thanato

Nothing wrong with Canadians wanting to go fight for a cause that they believe in. At least their government is not sending them over there to fight for a cause they may or may not believe in. I do not agree with their choice, but it is their choice to make.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Silver Thong

• Babs

• Thanato

• PadawanOsswe

Nothing wrong with Canadians wanting to go fight for a cause that they believe in. At least their government is not sending them over there to fight for a cause they may or may not believe in. I do not agree with their choice, but it is their choice to make.

They do have that right. I just hope that they are understanding about our soldiers and marines making their own efforts to kill them.

They do have that right. I just hope that they are understanding about our soldiers and marines making their own efforts to kill them.

Right you are.

:yes:

But I'm sure we will hear the liberal Canadians on this board squealing when we say our marines are killing them!

From what ive heared no ones been killed yet. Anyways they fight them, Army/Marines fight back, war is war. People die. Its just like everyone thinks German Soldiers were Nazis, yet anm adverage German soldier was the same as the average Canadian soldier, British Soldier, American soldier.

Even thos this is a different war, and is an Occupation its similar.

~Thanato

From what ive heared no ones been killed yet. Anyways they fight them, Army/Marines fight back, war is war. People die. Its just like everyone thinks German Soldiers were Nazis, yet anm adverage German soldier was the same as the average Canadian soldier, British Soldier, American soldier.

Even thos this is a different war, and is an Occupation its similar.

~Thanato

So you are comparing the conduct of our soldiers to that of the Nazis?

Well, yes and no. And not your soldiers. Your government and there not nazis, untill they try and kill millions.

~Thanato

Just wanted that cleared up; I'll go back to installing FTTP loops for the apparatus that could and would bring about that slaughter of millions so many of you worry about. The funny thing it has been in place for decades and inspite of every bad administration never been used. I have yet to meet a military officer that I would consider likely to trigger the this. I've seen lapses and incidents but generally do not consider our military interested in the sort of atrocities the Nazis committed.

This is coming from a guy who lost most of his family to their ovens...

I agree. The few Canadians don't mean anything :) I was trying to talk to Thanato about his hypocrisy thing. B)

....looks like it sunk in.

The only thing that sunk in is your lack of intelligence, and how bad you want to try to drag others into the mess made of Iraq. Only single digits of people...so, 9 ( at most) of about 35,000,000 Canadians? Yeah, they certainly show Canada's true feelings on this one.

how much ya wanna bet the idiots are gonna get shot by Iraqi insurgents being mistaken as americans? :hmm:

----------------------------

the following is just posted as a joke

---------------------

*Canadian insurgent walks up on a group of Iraqi insurgents*

-Canadian Insurgent: Hi! I'm from Canada, so anyway I was wondering....Can I join your insurgency,eh?

*Iraqi insurgents stare like this at the guy :o:huh:...............then they laugh :lol::P:D:lol: *

Padawan....Yeah, I wonder how that will work? :devil:

Rumbolt...in answer to the mess of Iraq...it is a success story! They are voting there and everything, now_ thanks to Americans and the coalition. You just never hear that on tv; the media wants only negative stuff on the air waves; sells tv. :geek: I think you lack intelligence and fortitude, Jeremy, for not wanting to help out in Iraq. :td:

Edited by Babs

Canadians taking part in Iraqi insurgency

The head of the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) says Canadians have joined the insurgency in Iraq.

James Judd, the director of CSIS, revealed Thursday evening that some of the foreign fighters in Iraq battling coalition troops are Canadians. He said there aren't many, but more are expected to join.

Speaking to reporters at a break during a security conference in Montreal, Judd was asked if Canadians were in Iraq fighting against the American-led coalition. "Yes, I believe so," he said.

He said there weren't many, "we're talking single digit numbers." But he said "we're aware of several others who are contemplating leaving."

When asked if CSIS, or the government, could do anything to prevent people from joining the insurgency Judd said didn't think there was anything legally that could be done.

"In some instances we found out about it after the fact, and to the extent that we did have some certainty about it we would want to advise our friends and allies," said the CSIS director.

According to Keith Boag, the CBC's Ottawa bureau chief, the Prime Minister's Office was "flabbergasted" that such sensitive information could be released by the head of the spy agency. "They didn't know it was being spoken about publicly and for that they [the PMO] are very angry."

"The prime minister never comments on intelligence matters and they were under the impression that CSIS didn't either," said Boag.

Acknowledgment that Canadians are fighting in Iraq raises a number of questions, such as what will their status be if they decide to return to Canada.

"It raises the longer-term question of what do they bode for the future?" Judd said.

Source

~Thanato

Well, they must not like the majority of Iraqi people because that is who the insurgency(terrorists) is targeting. They are killing innocent people. Policeman, security officers, bystanders, you name it. For what? Because they do not want to see progress in Iraq, they want chaos.

Those few Canadians don't represent Canada. They represent insanity and stupidity. If they are to go back to Canada they should be put in prison or put to death.

Padawan....Yeah, I wonder how that will work? :devil:

Rumbolt...in answer to the mess of Iraq...it is a success story! They are voting there and everything, now_ thanks to Americans and the coalition. You just never hear that on tv; the media wants only negative stuff on the air waves; sells tv. :geek: I think you lack intelligence and fortitude, Jeremy, for not wanting to help out in Iraq. :td:

Babs I have read your posts for over a year now and I still can't get past the fact that you are nothing more then a media junky and a flag waving american that looks no futher then your own borders. (note, nothing wrong with being proud of your country) but come on.

If you are to take into account a hand full of Muslim Canadians going back to there country to fight, then look at the thousand of American muslims doing the same.

As far as America ever entering a conflict with Canada will not happen the U.N. and the rest of the world would not allow that to happen,if you have not yet noticed your country is not the most popular one in the world,you should be thankful we are close allies. If you want reasons here are 2 that your country should really concider OIL and WATER oh and BEER.

Edited by The Silver Thong

while I do not neccessarily agree with everything Bab's says. dont lash out at my entire nation please.

the world may not like us, but we are here damnit!

Not lashing out, defending my own country. The simple fact is Americans look down on Canadians for some strange reason when we are in fact a little more logical in our thinking.

edit: on average

I don't believe this nonsense that we're the most disliked country. How do you explain all the different ethnic people from every part of the world? They hate us so much that they come here and create a better life for themselves and families? If you just trust what you here in the news, you're crazy. Ask the folks that moved here what they have to think.

Sorry I'm off topic.

I don't believe this nonsense that we're the most disliked country. How do you explain all the different ethnic people from every part of the world? They hate us so much that they come here and create a better life for themselves and families? If you just trust what you here in the news, you're crazy. Ask the folks that moved here what they have to think.

Sorry I'm off topic.

The melting pot is a wonderful thing, You are right many come to your country as mine and do the same thing,become part of it... I was refering to the POLITICAL accpect of it all. Hope theres no hard feelings.

edit again: I never said you were the most hated country, re-read my post

Sorry I'm off topic.

Ok could not leave this alone. Most immigrants come from third world countries and would take acceptance into any one of the many they applied too. The American Dream is just that a dream. If you would like me to elaborate I would be happy to.

Not lashing out, defending my own country. The simple fact is Americans look down on Canadians for some strange reason when we are in fact a little more logical in our thinking.

edit: on average

ok, please, explain how we are not logical. and offer a better way to have dealt with the Iraq/terror issue?

ok, please, explain how we are not logical. and offer a better way to have dealt with the Iraq/terror issue?

For starters Sanctions,next listen to the U.N. your country is a part of the U.N. is it not. By going against the U.N. your goverment made them selves a bigger target, by saying no world goverment(I us that loosely) can tell the U.S. one country in a world of hundreds what to do. By doing that your goverment said they were above the rest,for lack of trying to subtile.

Oh and Iraq never attacked you!! Iraq was a beat up country from 1991. Yes Sadam was a very bad man oh that sounds so simple, but his country has oil. What happened in Somalia,no oil pull out costs to much.

There are atrocities all over this world and your country focuses on Iraq pls there was little or no more danger from Iraq than a dozen different countries,Is Osama in Iraq NO. Was Iraq funding Alqada maybe but so are a bunch of other countries.

edit: had to add America at one time funded alqada (sorry bad spelling)

At what point did the U.S. go against the U.N.

Umm when the U.N. said to use sanctions :hmm:

The excuse wmd, never found. Flawed Intelligence haha

Sorry this has become another thread. If we could back on topic.

Another U.N. dimisal by the U.S.

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/TECH/internet/...net.control.ap/

Maybe I should be scared the U.S. regards nothing and Canada is next, come on won't happen I know to many people in Texas .

Really nothing against the States many friends and damn I have property in Montana,don't want to p*** them off.

Umm when the U.N. said to use sanctions :hmm:

The excuse wmd, never found. Flawed Intelligence haha

Sorry this has become another thread. If we could back on topic.

Another U.N. dimisal by the U.S.

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/TECH/internet/...net.control.ap/

Maybe I should be scared the U.S. regards nothing and Canada is next, come on won't happen I know to many people in Texas .

Really nothing against the States many friends and damn I have property in Montana,don't want to p*** them off.

U.N. Resolution 1483 (look it up).Read all

This is not a personal attack against the states. If I have to go look this up so you can convince me fine,I'll take a look. But it is not me you have to convince. Most of the globe agrees that the War in Iraq is an unjust war,and I don't think I need you to go look on some website to know the war is just not quite right. There will be no statues of men holding up a flag after this one, maybe a wall with a bunch of kids names on it. This is going in the wrong direction and would like to get back on topic.

http://daccessdds.un.org/doc/UNDOC/GEN/N03...pdf?OpenElement

Sorry had to edit my info was wrong.

I need to read it further.

Another addition.

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines03/0822-01.htm

http://govpubs.lib.umn.edu/guides/iraq.phtml

****= The War Against Terrorists= never ending war

The simple fact is Americans look down on Canadians

Not just Canadians.

Heres a major one I have a problem with (this is not about the american ppl, but the government). The US went into Iraq believing they will be welcomed with open arms and that there would be only a negligable insurgancy at most.

And what part of that resolution allowed the US to invade?