Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

God, and Godly God God..

The Nameless One

Here let me clear it up for everbody, heres how it works. I hope you can see my true neutral stance, cause right now Im posing true neutral can't u see Im so sexy posing neutral. Wooowhooo!!!

Ok now for big shabang, I mean big bang, about God and the Big shabang Big BANG.

Please wait now calculating the worlds number 1 all time question.... ..... ...... ........

.......... ................... .................

.... And the answer is!!!

People believe in God because they can. FREEWILL. Of course some of them don't want to burn in a firery pit of hell for all eternity, and others want this and that and this and that.....

But lets stop saying what will happen or what everyone wants for a minute. WHO CARES what you want. Just look at why and why is because FREEWILL EXIST.

Freewill is what is causing this bickering back and forth between one another, and freewill is what will cause me to get my ass burned by alll who oppose my answer.

Just let it B, 4 real.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Nameless One

• skeksis

• Sherapy

• Yelekiah

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't quite follow.

I can only speak on my behalf I don't know why one chooses to beleive in things that aren't real, Namaste sheri

Freewill is what is causing this bickering back and forth between one another, and freewill is what will cause me to get my ass burned by alll who oppose my answer.

Thank you, Captain Obvious. But if you have a neutral stance like you say, why should you get burned? And I agree that some things do need to be let go. We are who we are, but some people have a weak will. Then there are those who have a strong will and go on anyway. And the bickering will continue because they choose to and that is their will.

People believe in God because they can. FREEWILL.
OK no problem.....

Of course some of them don't want to burn in a firery pit of hell for all eternity
Just two choices.....Not much of a freewill :no:

People believe in God because they can. FREEWILL

Yes, the Creator grants us freewill. A freewill with no strings attached, quite unlike the freewill granted by the god of Abrahams three bloody children. That freewill is a "My way or the highway" type of freewill, the highway being infinite punishment for finite "sins" (a rather ludicrous concept invented by the post-exilic YHWHist priests to keep the Jewish population in line). Freewill as postulated by the Creator is just that, Freedom to act as your conscience dictates without fear, that is the carrot without the stick! :yes:

"You may have free will! ... But don't you dare worship anything else but me."

yeah... that's free will alright!

HMMM Namaste Sheri

MAKO excellent post Ditto, well this pretty much closes of this topic you about said it perfectly :D Namaste Sheri

Edited by Sheri berri

I can only speak on my behalf I don't know why one chooses to beleive in things that aren't real, Namaste sheri

In all due respect Sheri - ... just because you don't believe they are real .. doesn't mean that they aren't....

Just as you see it as... just because I believe they are real.. doesn't mean they are.....

What Nameless is saying is that EVERYONE has FREEWILL to believe how they want....and there isn't any reason in bickering and telling people what they believe is wrong.

I am sure the way you believe .. is right... for you... just as how I believe .. is right for me! :tu:

Freewill helps us decide what we beleive in (religions etc). Therefore what we beleive in becomes our truth. Our individual truths determine our actions and reactions to situations. So freewill is the beginning of the chain, but does not always determine our actions in the end.

under the thumb of abraham's entity, indeed there is no freedom at all, for the all-deciding entity has predetermined all.

without such a ruler though, one is still lacking a freewill. 'this moment' and what you 'decide' to do in it are a product of not just your past, but all past events that contributed to that moment. As such the system itself denys you a complete freedom. Further, the biology of the beast is one of 'simplest routes', i.e. the decision making process will follow the most easily followed route, which is a route already established. So both history both internal and external weigh, grant and deny options. One must also recognize the difference between perceived 'choices' and real choices. Simply because you can think of an action does not mean you can or will carry out that action. Why do you think fantasy is so popular?

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

heh.. captain obvious.. funny. :w00t:

i think its awesome how u can put 'captain' in front of a describing word and it always makes it comical. :D

In all due respect Sheri - ... just because you don't believe they are real .. doesn't mean that they aren't....

Just as you see it as... just because I believe they are real.. doesn't mean they are.....

What Nameless is saying is that EVERYONE has FREEWILL to believe how they want....and there isn't any reason in bickering and telling people what they believe is wrong.

I am sure the way you believe .. is right... for you... just as how I believe .. is right for me! :tu:

Exactly that was my point all along. Hey anyone who reads this post just ask Nxt2Hvn how many times Ive burned her for believing in Jesus, but that still never changed her beliefs. And I respect her for that, and everyone else should also. Look I came in with this forum with a fit of rage trying to squash religion, and all I found out was that no one has the answer I might be right you might be right hell we all might be right hell we might all be wrong.

Ive come at a point where the fork in the road vanished so that the path may be clear. Whats clear to you is not clear to someone else, just let it be.

Seriously whats the problem? What are people trying to achieve by proving and disproving God? SO WHAT YOU DISPROVE GODS EXISTENCE, SO FREAKIN WHAT, who cares, SO WHAT YOU PROVE GODS EXISTENCE so freakin what who cares? The only person youve been proving and disproving all along has just been yourselves.

Do you want a cookie for having the knowledge that there is no God!!! Where is the mystery? It's like this you don't just go out and rent a movie, and then skip it to the end do you? You don't just go out and buy a book and then flip all the pages and read the ending do you?

Sure we all guess what will happen, but your guess is your guess not someone elses guess, and if you guess is someone elses guess then thats your business and no one else.

So just let it B, and float like a leaf down the river of life. I understand most people come to this forum to either find their own identity or to try and change someone elses, but who cares DO you want a candy bar for changing someone elses belief system.

CONGRATS here is your blue ribbon for smiting someone or changeing someone life.

Blue Ribbons for everybody.

Look at me hell Im trying to change you guys, and that contradicts what Im trying to say. Let this be my last post about this crap.

And as I said before let it Be. You need not care about ones beliefs but your own beliefs.

For crying out loud it's the new millenium you would think we would have become more civlized than this.

TNO (PEACE WITHIN YOURSELF COULD POSSIBLY BRING PEACE TO THE WORLD)

Edited by The Nameless One

the reason people are in these forums its because they want to voice what they have to say. whether its defending what they beleive, trying to change peoples beleifs.. or like me.. just trying to learn more sthings while adding comments along the way. i dont want a candy bar but i do wanna hear what other people have to say.. and i do care what other people have to say coz it helps me learn new stuff.. i like learning its fun..

um.. about that candy bar.. i actually do want it now.. lol

the reason people are in these forums its because they want to voice what they have to say. whether its defending what they beleive, trying to change peoples beleifs.. or like me.. just trying to learn more sthings while adding comments along the way. i dont want a candy bar but i do wanna hear what other people have to say.. and i do care what other people have to say coz it helps me learn new stuff.. i like learning its fun..

um.. about that candy bar.. i actually do want it now.. lol

What is there to learn that you nor anyone else has no knowledge about. You get it? Yes learning is fun it's awesome knowledge is power, but there is no power if you do not have knowledge of something.

And God is not something anyone has knowledge about. If you figure it out good for you.

i dont wanan learn about just god.. about beleif structures and different religion and all that stuff.. while i dont beleive a word of it i find it very interesting.. its good to hear what some people have to say..

now you mentioned a candy bar b4..

i dont wanan learn about just god.. about beleif structures and different religion and all that stuff.. while i dont beleive a word of it i find it very interesting.. its good to hear what some people have to say..

now you mentioned a candy bar b4..

Go buy a book then and read it thats what the quran, the bogabgita, the bible, the path of zen. etctetctetc.... And all this stuff is for.

Read it and then voice your own opinion, but only voice it to yourself.

lol.. you r trying to silence me in public discussion forums? not gonna happen.. but thanks.. i will find these books..

and im not gettin that candy bar am i?

Here let me clear it up for everbody, heres how it works. I hope you can see my true neutral stance, cause right now Im posing true neutral can't u see Im so sexy posing neutral. Wooowhooo!!!

Ok now for big shabang, I mean big bang, about God and the Big shabang Big BANG.

Please wait now calculating the worlds number 1 all time question.... ..... ...... ........

.......... ................... .................

.... And the answer is!!!

People believe in God because they can. FREEWILL. Of course some of them don't want to burn in a firery pit of hell for all eternity, and others want this and that and this and that.....

But lets stop saying what will happen or what everyone wants for a minute. WHO CARES what you want. Just look at why and why is because FREEWILL EXIST.

Just let it B, 4 real.

i think someone's had too much sugar today...

Seriously whats the problem? What are people trying to achieve by proving and disproving God? SO WHAT YOU DISPROVE GODS EXISTENCE, SO FREAKIN WHAT, who cares, SO WHAT YOU PROVE GODS EXISTENCE so freakin what who cares? The only person youve been proving and disproving all along has just been yourselves.

Do you want a cookie for having the knowledge that there is no God!!! Where is the mystery? It's like this you don't just go out and rent a movie, and then skip it to the end do you? You don't just go out and buy a book and then flip all the pages and read the ending do you?

Sure we all guess what will happen, but your guess is your guess not someone elses guess, and if you guess is someone elses guess then thats your business and no one else.

So just let it B, and float like a leaf down the river of life. I understand most people come to this forum to either find their own identity or to try and change someone elses, but who cares DO you want a candy bar for changing someone elses belief system.

CONGRATS here is your blue ribbon for smiting someone or changeing someone life.

Blue Ribbons for everybody.

Okay I think I have an interesting point here because it seems like you're going through something I’ve been through before,

I grew up with religion all around me I watched grown people hate, discriminate, and judge other people all while using religion as a reason. If there is anyone out there that doesn't believe me then go spend one minute in a small Georgia town, and you can see it for your self. After awhile I began to question what I was taught in church and at home and while expanding my education and learning more about psychology, mythology, and biology I came to my own conclusion about what side of the fence I wanted to be on and it was not easy to accept at first... so I hated the whole debate...

What do I hope to accomplish?

I hope to understand other people’s perspective, so that in the end maybe I can understand how to respect and to not trample another's belief but still get my beliefs out on the table as well.... This is a public forum after all and that is why people come here to communicate and understand each other better.

The only person I’m proving it to is my self?

Well to be honest I’ve long ago accepted my own beliefs about this subject and I have no problem with that. I'm not saying it was easy at all because it wasn't there were stages where I felt alot like what it seems like you feel right now, like I have the answers I didn't really want to know and I wanted them to go away. I became very p***ed off at the whole subject as well.... but in acceptance I found true peace because I accepted what I had to accept... and that's not always the thing you want to be true....

But that was just my experience; I don't really know you or what you're going through...

Where is the mystery?

There's a lot of it in life, and more and more everyday...

What are people trying to achieve by proving and disproving God?

Well in one sense both sides think that if they can get all of the other side to believe what they do then they can all be happy and live in peace...

From a personal stance on this i think that by doing this I am learning more about people in general, and learning more about my self at the same time....

I understand if this is a difficult subject for someone especially someone questioning their own beliefs, I’ve been in that situation so I sympathize with you... but you have to realize that if you're in a forum that's titles spirituality vs. skepticism then that's what people are going to be discussing... and if that is something you don't wish to take part in then there are much more topics in the UM forums that I’m sure will offer much more mystery for you while you explore your own personal beliefs and expand your knowledge about them...