Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

what would happen if big business...

psicohunter

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• psicohunter

• QuantumE

• Frosty

• Yelekiah

Top Posters In This Topic

What like NASA?

Big businesses always have reasons to do things. Can you elaborate?

What would happen? I'm sure they'd benefit psychologically, financially, or both.

That's the point, this is a pointless 'what if' that cannot go anywhere because there is nothing on the moon for big business to have a purpose to go to.

Too expensive.

Of course, if I was Bill Gates I would go to the moon to carve the Microsoft logo into the lunar surface.

One hell of an ad campaign.

well i think that if big business has a reason to do any thing it will get done a lot faster then if it's done by the govrment like when eurpoins came to the americas for the first time was it done by the goverment no

and when ever big business has a new field(and there a profit) to work with them development in the field explodes and then the public gets it

this can a apply to ever thing

medicine

farming(wich is not necessarily a good thing)

the internet

and this happens every time they have a new demanding market

That's the point, this is a pointless 'what if' that cannot go anywhere because there is nothing on the moon for big business to have a purpose to go to.

no no no you know how much pression gems can be in meteros and and the iron ore woo there a lot

and that just mining there torisom, soler power, any thing that you can make a profit from

So are you basically talking about the privatisation of space travel and exploration?

whell yea what ever gets it so that poeple can use it freely

you kow the govent is has alot on there hand as it is so what evers gets us there fastist

Edited by psicohunter

but im not a republacen so....

We have already talked about working on making your posts more readable. Please read the PM I am sending to you very carefully.

well i think that if big business has a reason to do any thing it will get done a lot faster then if it's done by the govrment like when eurpoins came to the americas for the first time was it done by the goverment no

Actually yes. The governments of Spain, England, Portugal etc. had a big hand in the Europeans voyage to the Americas.

and when ever big business has a new field(and there a profit) to work with them development in the field explodes and then the public gets it

medicine

the internet

Why exactly is farming necessarily not a good thing? Basically everything you eat is farmed almost.

Mining companies would make a fortune off the limitless supply of Magnesium, Silicon, aluminum and iron that makes up the moon.

Mining companies would make a fortune off the limitless supply of Magnesium, Silicon, aluminum and iron that makes up the moon.

Selling to who? Not the people here on earth. I can do the same here on earth at about 100 times less the cost. Most companies would go bankrupt just spending the money on making rockets, not to mention the robots, ground crew and everything and everyone else.

medicine

the internet

Why do you consider farming NOT to have a "reason"?? :blink: If you have food in your belly & in your cupboards, they have a reason...trust me on this!!!

I'm part of the 3rd generation CA rice farmers in my family. We have been farming since time began...what for? To feed our families, our neighbors & the world!! It is one of the most thankless jobs in the world. All my life all I've ever heard is people fuss about what farmers do. What floors me, is it's usually people who've never really even been to a farm & get a real understanding of what they are doing. Keeping you from starving & having to jump through lots & lots of legal hoops to do such!! That is what they are doing!! <_< Psst....bread, meat & cheese are not manufactured in the backrooms of grocery stores!!! :rolleyes:

I think you need to rethink your post. If something doesn't have a "reason" or purpose for getting done...it usually doesn't get done. Why do I go to work each day? Well, to pay my bills, keep food on the table & to cover my basic needs. I don't think anyone would get out of bed if there wasn't a reason or a purpose. :no:

I look back at my grandpa on my Mom's side. He was a dairy man through WWII & the Great Depression. He sometimes didn't get paid, but he still delivered the milk everyday. Why? Cause he didn't want someone's child to go without, even if his did. :unsure2:

Believe me, I'm really trying to get where you are coming from, but in all honesty...it makes little if any sense to me. :hmm:

40nrockinon :devil:

Actually yes. The governments of Spain, England, Portugal etc. had a big hand in the Europeans voyage to the Americas.

well yea at first they did but big business kept it going and if they didn't and it was just the government funding them then the us would not be a country because there wouldn't be enough people for a really affective rebellion to happen

Why exactly is farming necessarily not a good thing? Basically everything you eat is farmed almost.

big business farming can be a really bad thing for the small farm and plus when depends solly on one verity of food then one disease could wipe them out and leave 1000's of people job less(the bigger the dependency the bigger the chaos when the order is broken) with all the chemical they put on my food it makes