Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dinosaurs Were Warm-Blooded!

darkknight

Dinosaurs Were Warm-Blooded or cold blooded  

36 members have voted

1. 1. you decide

• warm blooded
    • cold blooded

I'll put this :w00t: next time to indicate sarcasm...so you don't get confused next time around.

No.Next time you are trying to be sarcastic you should both indicate it in you message and place this smiley> :rolleyes: at the end

Edited by RedX

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yelekiah

• RedX

• artymoon

• frogfish

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IDK what it is about this dinosaur area but yall are coming at me a lil too hard for lil resine :mellow:

This is off-topic, I suggest you drop this or pm me.

Read the last line of my post. Joking means don't take my statement seriously. I was being sarcastic, it wasn't meant for comedic purposes. You do know what sarcasm is, correct?

Read the bold...then weep

B)

This is off-topic, I suggest you drop this or pm me.

Im sorry but I drop this the first time I replyed to your post...your the one that wouldnt let it go so Im just replying to your statements.

Uh...no, you waited several days and replied to me. And you keep going. Like you did today. Once again, we can keep this off the thread and you can pm me. I don't have a problem with that.

erm, so.. I had this really awful spaghetti last nite.. it was the frozen dinner kind my b/f likes to get for when we don't feel like making supper... the sauce was sugary and the noodles were.. erm..

what's the topic again?

oh yeah... dinosaurs.. warm or cold blooded..

Once it was thought that all dinosaurs were cold-blooded - now many suggest that at least some were warm-blooded, which would help to explain why they became so plentiful and dominant for so long. If we examine today's fauna , we find no large land predators that are cold-blooded, except for crocodiles that occupy only one very specific ecological niche and are basically water dwellers. The same is true of the entire Cenozoic era - virtually all large predators were warm-blooded.

Source

Even though it was believed that dinosaurs were closely related to cold-blooded reptiles, most dinosaurs had similar behaviors of a bird which is a warm blooded animal. Believing dinosaurs were warm blooded would help explain the reason why dinosaurs were so dominant and plentiful for such a long period of time.

Source

Examination of dinosaur fossils seemed to suggest they were indeed warm-blooded. The remains of microscopic holes in the bone seemed to indicate tiny blood vessels had been trapped by the rapid growing bone tissue. Any animal growing that fast must be warm-blooded, scientists reasoned.

Source

After reading up a little bit on this subject, I would have to say that I believe Yelekiah is funny as heck and that dinosaurs were indeed more likely to be warm-blooded.

Thank you. *takes a bow* :w00t::rolleyes::P (choose appropriate smiley)

I'm thinking that maybe RedX has a thing for Yelekiah...

Uhh no. Sometimes I just like haven the last word when I feel Im right...I also dont like it when people put words in my mouth

(No one put words in your mouth. If you believe that, no one will see the end of this-it'll just go on an on)

Thank you, wabbit for those sources. I may add some links on why dinosaurs were warm-blooded as well.

Edited by Yelekiah

(No one put words in your mouth. If you believe that, no one will see the end of this-it'll just go on an on)

Thank you, wabbit for those sources. I may add some links on why dinosaurs were warm-blooded as well.

:huh::mellow: And im the one that wont drop this...look back to my first reply to your reply to me and you will see way I think these...

(Its been dropped)

(Its been dropped)

I'm just letting you know no one put words in your mouth. (shrugs) And don't forget you waited days to reply to me, which implies you premeditated it.

Great, it is dropped.

I'll post some more links. :D

I'm just letting you know no one put words in your mouth. (shrugs) And don't forget you waited days to reply to me, which implies you premeditated it.

Great, it is dropped.

....(My goodness) I dont know how your personal time runs but 1 day aint "days" in my world. I mostly come here once a day which would explain way I replyed so "late" to you. Using Common S you could imply this from the group of post I put at once which would show that I premeditated no thoughts of this over the course of "days" as you so boldly stated. Also what did I premeditated...forget it, like I said I have already let this go.

B)

Edited by RedX

Great, it is dropped.

'Conspiring to go off-topic' :lol:

Uhh no. Sometimes I just like haven the last word when I feel Im right...I also dont like it when people put words in my mouth

You felt you were right? About what? about the face he has a strange sense of humour, or about the definition of the word 'Comedy' / 'Sarcasm'. :unsure:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

I'm tending to go with the theory that the larger dinosaurs were warm-blooded and that the smaller dinosaurs were cold-blooded. Like it was said before, it wouldn't make sense if large dinosauurs were cold-blooded, they would have to spend every day-time hour heating in the sun to stay warm, and even that probably wouldn't be sufficient time to keep warm. I suppose a Mod should edit the poll and add in the 'Hybrid' option?

Edited by T-Nemesis

Also what did I premeditated...forget it, like I said I have already let this go.

If you look at all of your responses, you respond to those that have replied later than I have. And then respond to my early post. Thus, it is "premeditated" so you could mull over for a day on what to say to me. Hmmm...apparently you haven't.

BTW T-Nemesis, that's an interesting theory. And it would have been convenient for the smaller dinosaur.

Edited by Yelekiah

If you look at all of your responses, you respond to those that have replied later than I have. And then respond to my early post. Thus, it is "premeditated" so you could mull over for a day on what to say to me. Hmmm...apparently you haven't.

BTW T-Nemesis, that's an interesting theory. And it would have been convenient for the smaller dinosaur.

... :huh: Sorry if you think I need a day to think of something to say (I guess in your mind I have some super power that lets me see what your going to post so that I can think a few days before I post as in the case of how I can post so fast today.). But, Like I said, I mostly come here ONCE....ONCE a day so I wouldnt know what you said till a whole DAY later. Why would this mater>you respond to those that have replied later than I have. And then respond to my early post? If you reply to me with something I will reply back...what does order have to do with these??? :huh: Your giveing yourself too much cridit...

... :huh: Sorry if you think I need a day to think of something to say (I guess in your mind I have some super power that lets me see what your going to post so that I can think a few days before I post as in the case of how I can post so fast today.). But, Like I said, I mostly come here ONCE....ONCE a day so I wouldnt know what you said till a whole DAY later. Why would this mater>you respond to those that have replied later than I have. And then respond to my early post? If you reply to me with something I will reply back...what does order have to do with these??? :huh: Your giveing yourself too much credit...

You're telling me this isn't premeditated. By your OWN admission you want to play a game with me.

....Uhh no. This is just something I say when people want to use words incorrectly and try to get jazzy with it (Try to use their incorrect words to prove a point and come at me with it.) Not a game as much as just getting nic-picky with words :huh: .

Hmmmm.....but I didn't use words incorrectly. You saw my definition, correct? :yes:

edit: Then I can say I want to get nit-picky with the word game. It's still a game...Now about those dinosaurs?

Edited by Yelekiah