Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What if aliens were to make contact tommorow?

Stellar

What if aliens were to make contact tommorow, and they began preaching of some religion other than yours (Say, hinuism, ancient egyptian, hell, even raelianism...)? How would you react?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• I AAAM

• Stellar

• Nadia B.

• TheEssenceofExcellence

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It might throw the world in chaos. I do not follow a religion, so it would not really bother me. Imagine all the religons of the world. They would be ready to go to war with the aliens for challenging what they believe. For awhile, the world would be very unstable.

Chaos would be an understatement, It would disprove so many theories and forms of religion.

With total surprize. I would be totally surprized, amazed and shocked that a people who could bridge the stars would still be superstitious enough to support religions! :blink:

^ what he said ^

I'd beat there heathen rear ends back to where they came from :w00t:

I agree with EricCraven2003 it wouldn't bother me as I don't follow one as well.

What if aliens were to make contact tommorow, and they began preaching of some religion other than yours (Say, hinuism, ancient egyptian, hell, even raelianism...)? How would you react?

i wouldnt care about the religion thing but if they were here to fight i would kick there ass

i wouldnt care about the religion thing but if they were here to fight i would kick there ass

If they could come across a universe, how advanced in technology must they be. So how are you going to kick their ass, wabbit?? :devil:

With total surprize. I would be totally surprized, amazed and shocked that a people who could bridge the stars would still be superstitious enough to support religions! :blink:

^I also agree^

They took the time to come here, might as well hear them out.

If they don't care whether or not we convert the religion they preach, then I say wave good bye to them and move on with your life.

If they hold guns to our heads and tell us to either convert or die, I suspect we'll have a nice little holy war.

Also, we're assuming that they do support a religion. No matter how unlikely you may think it is, that's the point of this thread.

I would hug em and squeeze them and talk to them. I love aliens as if they were one of us. Why would it be different then a person trying to sell their religion?

I would accept them and ask them to help out the humans here on Earth who are sick and if they had treatments more advanced then ours.

God made :alien: 's too ya know. :lol:

Why would it be different then a person trying to sell their religion?

Like an alien Jehovah's Witness at your door? lol that's a scary image.

Like an alien Jehovah's Witness at your door? lol that's a scary image.

Heck, a regular Jehovah's Witness (or Mormon Missionary) at your door is a scary image!

It might throw the world in chaos. I do not follow a religion, so it would not really bother me. Imagine all the religons of the world. They would be ready to go to war with the aliens for challenging what they believe. For awhile, the world would be very unstable.

Keep in mind that I dont mean they have their own religion... I mean they show up, and their religion is the same as one of the religions on the Earth.

With total surprize. I would be totally surprized, amazed and shocked that a people who could bridge the stars would still be superstitious enough to support religions!

In your case, I'll rephrase it. What if we found primitive life on another planet, and found out that they're practicing Islam, hinduism or christianity or anything of the like...?

I'd get my tazer and duct tape prepared (not a fan of probing). :cry:

^ Haha! :lol:

It wouldn't bother me. I don't believe in anything anyway so I sure wouldn't give a toss about theirs. I'd be more bothered about how the aliens managed to speak to me in my language - people on Earth don't speak the same - how long have they been studying us??? :huh:

Oh, and what are they gonna do with me from now-on? :cry:

I bet the Catholic Church would tell everyone that it's the Devil and not to believe such trickery, then turn around and violate a little boy.

For a start I would be wise enough to realize that these visitors have a far superior intelligence to ours. This would be obvious because our technology does not allow us to travel to really distant planets (and other galaxies), and as often as we observe these intelligences to be visiting Earth.

So it would be unwise to try a war with these visitors as they would be able to destroy us with our own nuclear weapons if they wished.

The race of extra terrestrials who created all life on Earth do not wish us any harm, and would and have protected us in the past from imminent danger from stray meteors and other threats.

I would welcome the Elohim with open arms!

:tu:

I would welcome the Elohim with open arms!

:tu:

And if you join the right cult you can open your wallet to!

It would depend on exactly what their intentions were. If the aliens are being friendly and are just saying things equivalent to "God bless you" to people, and maybe just informing people about what they believe.......then I really wouldn't have a problem with it, it would just be another religion. But if they started saying their religion is fact and it was about to be forcefully impossed on everyone.....or if they just came out and said something like "Jesus was a fag" (lol, Lord forgive me for even writing that) then we'd have to fight!

Of course I would also be sceptical about them really being alien as well until I saw proof......they could be demons, in which case we'd have to fight!

What would I do?

I would make contact with the Ones I worship and ask them "whats up with these guys? are they one of yours or are they from a distant planet?"