Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

la chusa (witch bird)

ghostbuster_3

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ghostbuster_3

• iaapac

• Mekorig

• 343 Guilty Spark

My tribe, the Nanticoke has a legend about the "Gu'kus" who are witchs which turn them selves into owls. The Lena'pe (Delaware) and the Shawnee have the same legend but the witch in their stories is always a Nanticoke. The Owl witch is also known among other Algonquian tribes too. During the "Long Walk" of the Delawares and the Shawnees a group of them stayed in Texas while the main part went on to Oklahoma. Maybe an Algonquian tribe brought the legend to Texas. It was also known that a group of outlaw Delawares and Shawnees crossed into Mexico and were known as the Delas'.

Lapi'che

yea its kind of like that they say in life the la chusa was a witch and waskilled becuse of it. but if you go out side at midnight and wistled then it would come to kill you. now i did just that but i dont belive it will kill you but then agin it even went to a court case and people have been atacked by it. i think she may take the wistle as a thret or something like that.

me and my friend were out side and we wistled trying to get it to come then the next night at around 11 we heared rustling in the bushes we went out side to see wat it was and we thru some rocks at the area the noise was coming from and some black birds started flying around and then it sounded like somthing was on the ground and the sound was geting closer so we ran inside and locked all the doors. this was in the woods in my back yard a few days ago. even my energy rods pointed at the area.

freaked me out

so la lachusa is a half woman half bird!! who is also a witch i am confused

so la lachusa is a half woman half bird!! who is also a witch i am confused

According to the tales here in Mexico, the lechuza is the owl-like form a witch takes at night when she wants to travel to another location. Once arriving there, she reportedly has the power to resume her form as a woman. Most people are afraid of the sight of a large owl flying at night and, of course, believe that it is a witch of considerable power moving from one place to another.

According to the tales here in Mexico, the lechuza is the owl-like form a witch takes at night when she wants to travel to another location. Once arriving there, she reportedly has the power to resume her form as a woman. Most people are afraid of the sight of a large owl flying at night and, of course, believe that it is a witch of considerable power moving from one place to another.

:no: not all witches are bad

I agree not all warlocks/witches are bad I use my powers for good reasons.

I didn't say all witches are bad. I merely reported the beliefs of the people in Mexico.

I agree not all warlocks/witches are bad I use my powers for good reasons.

Actually Warlocks are bad, WARLOCK- a evil witch who destroys other witches

• 10 months later...

are yall talking about the luchusa in robstown? that thing is like nothing ive ever seen before, it aint no witch or woman, its some sort of evil creature, it reminded me of the thing from jeepers creepers but shorter it was like 4 ft tall and huge wings, but i hear a whistling and i notice it was making the sound every time i was take a breathe like it was wezzing or something but it was louder, and i used to look for it all the time but since i saw it i aint ever gonna look for it, i had gotten interested in it when my gpa told me a story abbout it cuz he lives in the outskirts of robstown, and he was drive back home cuz he had just got off at work and it was like 2 in the morning, and he said something had his the back of his truck hard, and he looked in his mirror but didnt see anything then he looked of to the side and he said across the street was lachusa, and it was sorta keeping up with the truck until my grandpa started pushing it, and he got home and he had gotten far enough just to make it inside and lock the door and for the rest of the night he said he heard the huge wings of lachusa flapping around ouside, he also heard footsteps on the roof, and he got his gun, and called the cops but when they arrived lachusa was nowhere to be found and soon after they left it returned, oh yeah and for those who say lachusa doesnt have legs it obviously does cuz of the footsteps, but when i saw it it didnt seem to have any it looked like it was just floating in the air like a ghort or something, and when i fell to my knees cuz i was scared and they just gave out lachusa turned around and i saw the short legs it had, lucky i was behind some brush and i guess it didnt see me

This thread is almost a year old so I don't think you're going to get an answer soon.

• 1 year later...

theres one in my more than one in my home town,Edna TEXAS. my freinds have heard them whistle or saw them.they say thier white or black

I also know a few people that are close to me that have had run ins with La lechusa, here in San Antonio Texas.

And two of them are pretty skeptical of anything "supernatural" or "paranormal". After hearing their stories I am very glad it wasn't me. ^_^

Neve heard anything of "La Chuza". The mane appears to de a deformation of Lechuza, that is the spanish word to Owl.

the way i've heard the stories it a witch that can shape-shift in to an owl,i heard many stories of poeple seeing owls then they transform in to la lechuza, but i dont belive them well not any more there stories that parents make up like el chamuco which is the mexican boogie man.i used to belive that la lechuza might be real , but as i got older i started to think its not real or that la lechuza really hates mexicans cause everywhere i would go

a drunken family member or a drunken friend of my family or just a person we knew soposably saw her or it.