Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] The Bosnian Pyramid Thread

bosnian

go to GOOGLE.COM search what RACIST MEANS KK !!!

and stop using that word when you talking about people i am part off !!!

I actually should also get offended as an american, because you stated BOSNIAN/AMERICAN rasist, now to stop the jiberish IF you do not have information regarding the pyramid, or have something related to topic to say than please stop typing nonsence, yes it makes me laugh but i dont want to have heartattack caused by it :D

Woooooovvv i just figured out that IGNORE button does, SWEEEEEEET

BACK ON SUBJECT ...

It rained on Visocica today so not much happened, students from schools in sarajevo visited, some Hungerian Media's were at the site, other than that hmhm not much happened lol

you boys are just that

chilldrens who not know when parents are lying to them

you not smart enough to see it

thet fine

you will find out eventually

what then you do

cry to mummies ?

Flamitory

Sam Osmaganic is a racist

by hes own confession

you don't liek that

tough

doesn't make it false

Irrelivant and flamitory, you are attempting to derail the thread again. Read the PM ive sent you

INTERESTING IS THAT SOMEONE FROM "INDONESIA" KNOW ABOUT DNEVNI AVAZ :)

Who is grace fagan?? As I remember you talked about this "expert" in closed topic, and now you are continue.

I could not ignore you, just vecause, same people was on oposite side in last war.

If UNESCO come here, you shall be removed from here for lie!

Dnevni Avaz newspaper is a Sarajevo newspaper

Unesco Secretary General Koichiro Matsuura is not press officer end was not in Sarajevo

Unesco Secretary General Koichiro Matsuura does not make these decisions as it is up to board at UNESCO to decides

more lies see

like UNESCO world hertiages plaque announce at Visoko 4months ago by Osmaganic

when en fact no oen spoke to enyones at UNESCO until 5th juine

Royce Richards has confirmed thet he is still en australia end has never worked on Bosnian pyramid nor has ever intended to

Grace Fagan says same

ask yourself if pyramid es genuine why is racist Bosnian american osmaganic needing to lie about it

why he cover up reports from Tuzlas geologist

why he make mistake in saying pyramid aligned like south americnes pyramides to cardinal points when no s american pyramids aligned that way

why he claim on radio that the limestone slabs go 10 km en every direction from hill

why he still lying when he say on radio that UNESCO team come soon when UNESCO takes months to investigate anything and have made no announcemente

you boys are just that

chilldrens who not know when parents are lying to them

you not smart enough to see it

thet fine

you will find out eventually

what then you do

cry to mummies ?

:tu:

GREAT AVATAR!!! :tu:

I'm also glad UNESCO is going to take a look at it. They need to do some ground penetration radar scans also. Whatever it is it's very old. Can't wait to see what the experts have to say.

naturel balles

naturel hill

bets you cant wait for UNESCO teame to say is all naturel too

they can't be bought by Osmaganics schemings

<removed>

:yes:

Edit-There is no need for insulting. this thread was just warned to keep it civil.

-UA

I think you should do more research regarding the stone Balls. For, it seems you type stone balls on google, look for the first negative or missleading information and then post it here.

National geographic shown once a very interesting documentary about those stones, They are man made, by natives, I dont remember dates, so dont ask me. The reporter even helped to make a stone ball. Took months, but they made it.

-------

One of the strangest mysteries in archaeology was discovered in the Diquis Delta of Costa Rica. Since the 1930s, hundreds of stone balls have been documented, ranging in size from a few centimetres to over two meters in diameter. Almost all of them are made of granodiorite, a hard, igneous stone.

These objects are monolithic sculptures made by human hands.

Stone-sphere sizes range from an inch to 9 feet in diameter weighing 30 tons. Many are near-perfect spheres, within two millimeters. Three large and aligned spheres point to Easter Island - which has its own collection of spheres.

The stones may have come from the bed of the Térraba River, to where they were transported by natural processes from sources of parent material in the Talamanca mountains. Unfinished spheres were never found. Like the monoliths of the Old World, the Costa Rican quarry was more than 50 miles away from the final resting place of these mysteries.

The stone spheres have been found in clusters of up to twenty, and often in geometric patterns such as triangles, rectangles or straight lines. Such alignments often point to the earth¹s magnetic north. A large number of the spheres have been located in the Diquis River Delta, with other popular sites being the southern cities of Palmar, Sur, Buenos Aires and Golfito as well as in the province of Guanacaste to the north and in the central valley. Archaeologists have been able to date the stones by the artefacts that have been found lying alongside them. Some of them have, thus, been dated as far back as 400 B.C.E.

The majority of them have, however, been dated between 800 and 1200 B.C.E. Many of these stones have been found near the remains of dwellings and in close proximity to grave sites. Some believed that the stones contained some hidden treasures and a few of them have been smashed to try to get at this supposed treasure. None has been forthcoming, however. Despite these losses, however, the National museum of Costa Rica has catalogued some one hundred and thirty existing stone spheres. However, many of them are not catalogued. This is because of the fact that many of the spheres have been removed from their original sites and used as ornaments in private homes, gardens and churches. Clearly, there are also many stones that still lie undiscovered.

Just how the ancient people of Costa Rica made these perfectly cylindrical stone spheres, remains largely a mystery. It is clear that some sort of mechanical procedure was needed in order to attain the precision displayed by the stones. Statues emanating from the same period show that the ancient Costa Ricans were very skilled sculptors. The existence of gold artefacts from about 800 C.E. also show that the people living at that time were experienced at working with high temperatures. It is, therefore, believed by some researchers that the stones were moulded into their perfectly cylindrical shapes by extreme heating followed by cooling, to remove any outer layers of rock. The rocks could have been finished by polishing with sand or leather.

The larger stones were clearly crafted by the most skilled sculptors. These stones are so perfectly shaped that the tape and plumb bob measurements of diameters reveal no imperfections. This shows that the makers of the stones must have had a degree of mathematical ability as well as advanced knowledge of stone carving and the use of tools. The ancient Costa Ricans, however, had no written language. There is, therefore, no written record of just how they made the stones spheres.

Many of the spheres are made of granite like rock. Yet the granite rock quarries were often twenty five to thirty miles away from the location of the largest stone spheres. How, then, did the sculptors move such heavy stones? Some of the stones, after all weigh sixteen tons. If the granites rocks were moved before they were sculpted, then the nine foot cube that would be needed to sculpt a sphere eight feet in diameter would weigh a whopping twenty four tons. To even get such a massive stone to it¹s final location the natives would have to cut large tracks through very dense bush.

Other stones were made of coquina, a limestone like material which is found on the beaches near the mouth of the Diquis river. This stone was probably rafted up river about thirty miles to it¹s final location. Some of these stone spheres have been found on Cano Island, which is located about twelve miles off the Pacific coast. As to why the stone spheres were made, there are, as yet, no explanations. It is possible that they were used as a symbol of rank or importance for a tribal chief or a village. Then again, they may have been used as religious or ceremonial symbols. Perhaps further study by archaeologists will unravel the secrets of the stone spheres of Costa Rica.

Edited by Feanor

This site is a very good source for info regarding stone balls.

For those who are serious in the topic subject, the following link may be of interest.

Stone Balls of Costa Rica

Edited by Feanor

guys dont fall into the trap, ignore comments designed to make you angry,,

the links to the stone balls is great, fascinating.

i also watched atv programme on them and the guys tried to make one using only tools that they think they were using back then and the couldent complete it... amazing stuff, these stone balls were the ones found in the jungle with the molmec heads

is there amoderator in the house...

if this isnt flaming please tell me what is..

thanks

louie

Bosnian was always warning all other about this.

Key words for smileyp are: logor dretelj for us in Bosnia

Moderators will primary foribbiden acces to us not to smileyp.

if unesco isnt coming to bosnia then why was this article on the front page of UM.

UNESCO to take a look at Bosnia's mysterious pyramid

ETHAN MCNERN

BOSNIA'S mystery pyramid is to be investigated and inspected by a team of experts from the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation, it emerged yesterday.

Semir Osmanagic, an amateur archaeologist, has caused a stir with his find at Visocica hill in the centre of Bosnia, although local and European archaeologists denounce it as nonsense.

Geologist Aly Abd Barakat, an Egyptian researcher sent by Cairo to assist Mr Osmanagic's team last month, has said that the 2,300ft hill did appear to be a primitive man-made pyramid of uncertain age.

Mr Barakat said huge stone blocks found on the three sides of the hill used the same type of artificial cement as ancient Egyptian pyramids.

Mr Osmanagic's team is also investigating Pljesevica hill - which he calls the Moon Pyramid - as well as tunnels he believes connect three pyramids. The researchers have found a sandstone monolith in one of the tunnels with enigmatic symbols engraved on it, which will be sent to Egypt for analysis.

Mr Osmanagic, who has studied pyramids in central America for the past 15 years, said that satellite and radar analyses have revealed the perfect geometry of Visocica and precise alignment of its sides with four cardinal points.

This article: http://news.scotsman.com/international.cfm?id=832242006

Last updated: 06-Jun-06 01:11 BST

Because they are not serbian, or some of croatian fascists (only 30 percent of all croats and smilyp among them) or other White Power Brotherhood and they are writting news, and facts, without hate in their mind and hearts.

if unesco isnt coming to bosnia then why was this article on the front page of UM.

UNESCO to take a look at Bosnia's mysterious pyramid

ETHAN MCNERN

BOSNIA'S mystery pyramid is to be investigated and inspected by a team of experts from the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation, it emerged yesterday.

Semir Osmanagic, an amateur archaeologist, has caused a stir with his find at Visocica hill in the centre of Bosnia, although local and European archaeologists denounce it as nonsense.

Geologist Aly Abd Barakat, an Egyptian researcher sent by Cairo to assist Mr Osmanagic's team last month, has said that the 2,300ft hill did appear to be a primitive man-made pyramid of uncertain age.

Mr Barakat said huge stone blocks found on the three sides of the hill used the same type of artificial cement as ancient Egyptian pyramids.

Mr Osmanagic's team is also investigating Pljesevica hill - which he calls the Moon Pyramid - as well as tunnels he believes connect three pyramids. The researchers have found a sandstone monolith in one of the tunnels with enigmatic symbols engraved on it, which will be sent to Egypt for analysis.

Mr Osmanagic, who has studied pyramids in central America for the past 15 years, said that satellite and radar analyses have revealed the perfect geometry of Visocica and precise alignment of its sides with four cardinal points.

This article: http://news.scotsman.com/international.cfm?id=832242006

Last updated: 06-Jun-06 01:11 BST

Because they are not serbian, or some of croatian fascists (only 30 percent of all croats and smilyp among them) or other White Power Brotherhood and they are writting news, and facts, without hate in their mind and hearts.

I Agree :)

bosnaq do me a favour. dont get involved with the flaming, i want you to stay in here with us, you are producing good stuff for us.

concerning the stone balls my hobby is carving into stone ancient designs mainly celtic and mayan, but do you know how its virtually impossible to carve a perfect cylindral shape out of a piece of stone by hand and yet these people were doing it. i persume they had some technique some kind of template or something but i dont know.. even try to draw a perfect circle by hand its very difficult.

leonardo de vinci said the sign of a great artist is he who can draw a perfect circle by hand.

and now here they are popping up in bosnia, i wonder where elese we will find them in the future.

this seems to be a trail we are slowley following all over the world ,,pyramids. stone balls.. summer and winter alignments, and they say people were not travelling back then. i think not, too many of the same ideas and building techniques and buildings are found all over the world and as we see still being found..

this is just wonderful, just wonderful.

OK sorry man.

bosnaq do me a favour. dont get involved with the flaming, i want you to stay in here with us, you are producing good stuff for us.

concerning the stone balls my hobby is carving into stone ancient designs mainly celtic and mayan, but do you know how its virtually impossible to carve a perfect cylindral shape out of a piece of stone by hand and yet these people were doing it. i persume they had some technique some kind of template or something but i dont know.. even try to draw a perfect circle by hand its very difficult.

leonardo de vinci said the sign of a great artist is he who can draw a perfect circle by hand.

and now here they are popping up in bosnia, i wonder where elese we will find them in the future.

this seems to be a trail we are slowley following all over the world ,,pyramids. stone balls.. summer and winter alignments, and they say people were not travelling back then. i think not, too many of the same ideas and building techniques and buildings are found all over the world and as we see still being found..

this is just wonderful, just wonderful.

OK sorry man.

nothing to be sorry about man. i just dont wanna see you get banned, and that applys to all you good folk on this thread, stay on subject and we will share some great knowledge.

nothing to be sorry about man. i just dont wanna see you get banned, and that applys to all you good folk on this thread, stay on subject and we will share some great knowledge.

Guest Lottie

The persons who have been disrupting the thread have been dealt with. Now can we get back on topic.

Thanks.

Edit: Post now deleted. Lottie

who are you refering too. in your agressive tone...

Edited by Lottie

GREAT AVATAR!!! :tu:

Thanks mate! In reguarding the stone balls found in Bosnia and South America. I believe the South American ones are attributed to the Olmec civilization, which by the way, is one of the oldest and least known pre-columbian civilizations. Lets all do some research on this and post our finds.

Thanks mate! In reguarding the stone balls found in Bosnia and South America. I believe the South American ones are attributed to the Olmec civilization, which by the way, is one of the oldest and least known pre-columbian civilizations. Lets all do some research on this and post our finds.

Some links regarding Olmec Civlization:

http://www.crystalinks.com/olmec.html]Olmec Civilization

Olmec

A story

A centuries old legend claims that an old woman living at the base of Visocica hill (in what is now Bosnia) kept fourteenth century Turkish invaders away from an ancient walled city, high on the hill. She claimed that no one could enter the city on the hill unless they would pledge to guard the secret beneath it with their life. She even claimed that two layers covered the secret - one layer of earth, and one layer of egg shell. If the layers were removed and the contents disturbed, bad luck would follow for the people of the valley below.

Centuries passed. Rumors of tunnels beneath the hill passed from generation to generation. Children were said to have played in passages and pathways beneath the hill. Even recently some children have claimed to have been inside the pyramid itself. Stone blocks with strange inscriptions were occasionally found while building was taking place in the town that grew up beneath the hill.

In recent times locals have claimed that their are actually three pyramids in the area all connected by tunnels. There are even stories of local children climbing into holes in a smaller pyramid across the river and emerging near the top of the large pyramid near a wall that guarded the city on the hill. Locals claim that sounds travel through the hill, reverberating and echoing on the other side.

nice story regarding the tunnels.

for the molmecs. notice how the carved faces have helmets and african features and these people were there before the mexican pyramid builders.