Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] The Bosnian Pyramid Thread

bosnian

there is also a theory that the south american pyramids and cities were covered on puropse, but dont ask cos everything ive read they have no definite proof and dont know for sure. but its a theory,

Looks like turf to me. Turf grows, so the covering takes place inevitably when time passes. It starts from moss. Only a rolling stone gathers no moss. :w00t:

and if you tell me why is so much dirt on latin america pyramids then we can talk about bosnian pyramid :yes:

lol, ok. But even those are still visible for the most part - the pyramids in cambodia are still visible and the pyrmids in egypt were only covered by sand during sand storms.

It just seems an awful lot of dirt covering it up... even for thousands of years. But you're probably right, maybe the bosnian flora grows more quickly and with shallow roots?

Hey im wondering, at the moment were in summer, whats the bosnian winter like is it bad will digging and excavating have to stop, and if so how long would it be stopping for.

people i am going now to bosnia see you in august

but you can follow excavations on this site http://www.bosnian-pyramid.com

there is gallery, forum and other stuff

Aragon, see you soon budy! Have a nice stay in Bosnia.

Godspeed! :tu:

It just seems an awful lot of dirt covering it up... even for thousands of years. But you're probably right, maybe the bosnian flora grows more quickly and with shallow roots?

It´s a good question, that how long it takes for that amount of "dirt" to grow on top of the stones. I remember reading from somewhere that in certain turf swamps, it takes about 1000 years to generate 1 meter of peat.

Of course this hill is not in a swamp, but it´s not a in desert either like in egypt. So dunno.

Hey im wondering, at the moment were in summer, whats the bosnian winter like is it bad will digging and excavating have to stop, and if so how long would it be stopping for.

winters are BADDD realllyyy BADDDD, especially in this region of the country, loads of snow, up to 3 meters high :)

so they will have to stop digging all the way untill spring ;)

Nice pics...is it possible that there can be only one pyramid in europe or is it better the assume that there are others undiscoverd ?

Nice pics...is it possible that there can be only one pyramid in europe or is it better the assume that there are others undiscoverd ?

there are so many pyramids around the world, i think its safe to say threre are more in europe undiscovered, there is talk of pyramids in italy.

i think these photos don't do mr. osmanagic a favor... :rofl:

anyway, if the pyramid is supposed to be like the ones in south america, and not like the ones in egypt, then it shouldn't be sloped, but it should have the stair-like shape, right? so, i don't see how that sloped hill photo could show the pyramid.

and as for the photo of the stairs, shouldn't the stairs be bigger? but then again, maybe not, i don't know that much about the pyramids.

as much as i would like there to be a pyramid in visoko (after all, it's in the same county as my hometown), those photos show me quite the opposite. :(

No the stairs dont nessecarly have to be bigger, check out the 3rd link..

heres some links to nice picture of other pyramids, so you can get an idea of the workman ship involved. im searching for a map of the tunnels under the mexican pyramids.

enjoy

http://www.philipcoppens.com/orionimage.html

http://www.world-mysteries.com/mpl_2.htm satelitte images of pyramids

http://www.richard-seaman.com/Travel/Mexic...acan/index.html

http://www.richard-seaman.com/Travel/Guate...ikal/index.html

http://www.eyeconart.net/history/ancient/mesoamerican.htm

Enjoy..

No the stairs dont nessecarly have to be bigger, check out the 3rd link..

heres some links to nice picture of other pyramids, so you can get an idea of the workman ship involved. im searching for a map of the tunnels under the mexican pyramids.

http://www.famsi.org/reports/95007/section02.htm

We conclude that the system of tunnels in the Teotihuacán Valley was originally a group of quarries dated to the Patlachique or Tzacualli periods (around A.D. 80), for the extraction of porous volcanic scoria, and are, thus, man-made holes. We rectify, therefore, our previous idea, derived from Heyden (1975) and Millon (1973), that they were natural, because there is no natural phenomenon in volcanic contexts that can produce large or long holes, except lava tubes. And this is certainly not the case.

In the original settlement of the valley consisting of three-temple plazas surrounded conspicuously by dwelling sites–and not a very dense urban site as Millon (1973) originally proposed–the quarry mouths were found very near these pyramid complexes, due to the fact that much construction material was needed for the elevation of the pyramids themselves.

When the plazas of these complexes were built, they seemed to be deliberately disposed on top of the tunnels. We yet do not know whether or not there is a physical communication between these tunnels and the plazas.

Very good pics, Louie. This pyramid is quiet different then the other pyramids in Mexico.

Seems to me like a crossover between egypts pyramids and the more popular mexian pyramids. However, people keep on forgetting that the egyptian pyramids were covered with one more layer of stones which gave them ones a smooth surface ande the blocks were hidden. With the time things change. So do pyramids. Or not?

We can not expect that the bosnian pyramid looks like in our immagination, or that it looks like when it was built, or that it looks exactly like the egytpian or mexican one.

In all that we can't forgett one more thing, besides time. Earthqakes, which are not rare in that region. So lot of damage must have been done to the structure. Blocks have been moved ore taken out of position. The huge layer of turf is infact more a proof of that.

In the video, which is in bosnian, so many of you can not understand what they say, they are talking about that the tunnel was possibly a long time ago underwater. They have also found a huge monolit that could have been only placed by hand into the tunnel walls. Also, the tunnels are going exactly from south to north and the other tunnel crosses from east to west. They have also found recently written names on the tunnel walls. Sure, teenagers.

But also this tunnel, which was known before, could have been a hiding place during the wars in that region, and I do not only mean the last war. There is so much history about this place anyway, I just wish, that somebody could write us in short about that, so that people could have a clearer picture just how old this region is. So please, if someone reads this thread and has a history knowledge about Visoko, please give us more information. But, please only facts and no blaming others.

Very good pics, Louie. This pyramid is quiet different then the other pyramids in Mexico.

Seems to me like a crossover between egypts pyramids and the more popular mexian pyramids. However, people keep on forgetting that the egyptian pyramids were covered with one more layer of stones which gave them ones a smooth surface ande the blocks were hidden. With the time things change. So do pyramids. Or not?

We can not expect that the bosnian pyramid looks like in our immagination, or that it looks like when it was built, or that it looks exactly like the egytpian or mexican one.

In all that we can't forgett one more thing, besides time. Earthqakes, which are not rare in that region. So lot of damage must have been done to the structure. Blocks have been moved ore taken out of position. The huge layer of turf is infact more a proof of that.

In the video, which is in bosnian, so many of you can not understand what they say, they are talking about that the tunnel was possibly a long time ago underwater. They have also found a huge monolit that could have been only placed by hand into the tunnel walls. Also, the tunnels are going exactly from south to north and the other tunnel crosses from east to west. They have also found recently written names on the tunnel walls. Sure, teenagers.

But also this tunnel, which was known before, could have been a hiding place during the wars in that region, and I do not only mean the last war. There is so much history about this place anyway, I just wish, that somebody could write us in short about that, so that people could have a clearer picture just how old this region is. So please, if someone reads this thread and has a history knowledge about Visoko, please give us more information. But, please only facts and no blaming others.

yes im fully aware that the bosnian if its a pyramid may not look like a pyramid, there are so many diffrent types of pyramids scattered areound the world it makes it even more exciting as to what itll look like at the end.

what i find ineresting is this enterance type of thing on pyramid of moon

user posted image

here are other enterances to other tombs

Step sealed entrance

user posted image

Opened entrance and step section

user posted image

Some examples from other archaeological sites around the world:

Palence Pacal's tomb

user posted image

From sites in Syria

user posted image

Did they find a TOMB ??? :yes:

user posted image

Looks man made to me. I wonder whats on the other side of the rock at the bottom.

what i find ineresting is this enterance type of thing on pyramid of moon

user posted image

So isn't this natural as many here claim??

I have to warn moderators about that it is not correct that this sign VIOLETA appearing on photos. This is like marketing services for an bosnian company, and we shall avoid it here.

it looks good very good.. hope we get some big break through news before the winter comes..

i always want summer to stay a long time but this year i hope bosnia gets sun and warm for the whole year, so the excavations can continue.

I have to warn moderators about that it is not correct that this sign VIOLETA appearing on photos. This is like marketing services for an bosnian company, and we shall avoid it here.

If thats the HOSt service logo, then it should be there. Specially if its a free hosting image service...

welcome to um,

as for VIOLETA, i am bosnian and i have NO IDEA what it is, sounds like a name of studio that took pictures to me ^_^ ,

as for marketing i am pretty sure noone on these forums really cares about what violeta stands for or represents,

violeta is a bosnian company that makes toilet-paper and tissues. :rofl: soo... i guess they might be sponsors of the excavation... :rofl:

seriously, they do make toilet-paper... ^_^

violeta is a bosnian company that makes toilet-paper and tissues. :rofl: soo... i guess they might be sponsors of the excavation... :rofl:

seriously, they do make toilet-paper... ^_^

OMG!!!! :angry2: Wth a toilet company is doing in Bosnian excavation pictures!!?!?!? :blink: