Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] The Bosnian Pyramid Thread

bosnian

I looked back a dozen or so pages but I couldn't see any pictures of these stones. I worked for over 5 years with the comparble stones in New Zealand. If somebody posts some pictures of them I may be able to compare them fairly accurately.

Edited by Kismit

all i was saying was that if they were in a place where there is no natural rocks, somebody had to put them there.

I don't know anywhere on earth where there are no natural rocks ;) What do you think forms the hills? And lies just inches below the soil?

There are photos of these balls still embedded in bedrock.

user posted image

I looked back a dozen or so pages but I couldn't see any pictures of these stones. I worked for over 5 years with the comparble stones in New Zealand. If somebody posts some pictures of them I may be able to compare them fairly accurately.

Paul Heinrich's article contans numerous pictures of both Bosnian stone balls and those found elsewhere in the world :)

http://www.hallofmaat.com/read.php?1,40631...6316#msg-406316

Edited by Essan

Essan, those balls certainly don't look man-made, expecially in their current position. But don't forget that nature is mysterious - ever heard of the Devil's Marbles, Australia?

user posted image

It's a large area where piles of round rocks sit stacked on one another in the most peculiar way. Really rather fascinating to see... :) This is a lone rock, sitting away from the main group.

I believe the chance of Bosnian pyramids is likely - all I am saying is that the rock balls may not help the argument?

Edited by intrepid

I agree that sometimes nature can create astounding features... But, the one in Australia, for example, its not a perfect stone ball, those in Costa Rica, many of them are near perfection and national geographic channel and discovery channel already shown a documentary and study proving they were man made.

I believe that the one in Bosnia, were man made. They carved it in some kind of stone and left it there unfinished.

But, sure, there are many things unexplained in our world.

In the beginning I was excited with this bosnian pyramid, but now, I think its better wait to see what it will become.

So far, believe most of the features shown in bosnian excavation site is just natural phenomenon that sometimes can deceive us...

I agree that sometimes nature can create astounding features... But, the one in Australia, for example, its not a perfect stone ball, those in Costa Rica, many of them are near perfection and national geographic channel and discovery channel already shown a documentary and study proving they were man made.

I believe that the one in Bosnia, were man made. They carved it in some kind of stone and left it there unfinished.

But, sure, there are many things unexplained in our world.

In the beginning I was excited with this bosnian pyramid, but now, I think its better wait to see what it will become.

So far, believe most of the features shown in bosnian excavation site is just natural phenomenon that sometimes can deceive us...

I agree that the Bosnian ones look man-made, I was just throwing in some healthy objectivism.

And just for reference, that photo was just the best I could find on short notice. There are many round rocks that make up the Devils Marbles - some are very round, I know because I have seen them. But none are quite as round as those Bosnian ones seem to be.

I agree that the Bosnian ones look man-made, I was just throwing in some healthy objectivism.

And just for reference, that photo was just the best I could find on short notice. There are many round rocks that make up the Devils Marbles - some are very round, I know because I have seen them. But none are quite as round as those Bosnian ones seem to be.

Don't worry budy, I am not going contrary to you by any means. Iwas just adding a remark nothing more. Ehehe

Forgive my english, its weird I know! But, please, try to post more images of those stones, I would love to see them.

The Devils marbles are certainly a different variety of rocks to the Bosnian's. You need volcanic materials to create stones like the Bosnian Stones. The Australian formations where probably(and I'm no expert) formed by Glacier movement.

But back to the point I was making, the Bosnian stones are very similar to the Stones found in New Zealand, both appear to be formed with a lime sylicca base, and in much the same way as you make crystals in High School Science class, the other elelments are attracted to it like a magnet and pile up on each other to form a [attachmentid=26932]circle.

boulders.html

Forgive my english, its weird I know! But, please, try to post more images of those stones, I would love to see them.

Just follow this link Devils Marbles - Image Search (Windows Live)

The Devils marbles are certainly a different variety of rocks to the Bosnian's. You need volcanic materials to create stones like the Bosnian Stones. The Australian formations where probably(and I'm no expert) formed by Glacier movement.

Except that area was deep under water for a great deal of it's life... at least that's what I understand. Edited by intrepid

Water? Was that before or after the ice-age?

Doesn't matter as I said before I'm not an expert.

so then if we know the costa rican ones are man made, then there is still a chance the bosnian ones are man made also... is there not.

Water? Was that before or after the ice-age?

Doesn't matter as I said before I'm not an expert.

Neither am I, but I have been there and seen the groves made by the ocean that once flowed there - I guess it was a very long time ago...

so then if we know the costa rican ones are man made, then there is still a chance the bosnian ones are man made also... is there not.

Sure, I think that noone here can say they are 100% sure that those stone balls are natural or man made, or that there is a pyramid or natual pyramidal hill. We can only especulate based on images.

For those like Aragon, that visited the excavation sites, they can tell better what those things looks like. But they even being there, will need to do a bit research.

Neither am I, but I have been there and seen the groves made by the ocean that once flowed there - I guess it was a very long time ago...

Er, the ocean doesn't make grooves. And most of Australia is continental shield - it's been land for a very, very long time. The 'devil's marbles' look to me like they're formed by wind erosion.

As for the Bosnian 'balls' - they are emphatically not of volcanic origin.

I am Australian and am pretty familiar with the geography of the area, but I also live now in New Zealand. A Geographically facinating country. I am not only expected to know all there is about the Kiwi stones, I have also been privy to lectures on the latest findings about the New Zealand rocks.

The Bosnian Stones lie in an obviously volcanic area couple this with the fact that they emerge from the ground in the exact same way as the New Zealand boulders, and are the same shape, this evidence clearly tilts the natural phenomeneon odds in their favour.

Essan, wind errosion? perhaps, but why would the wind only erode pieces of the rock, making them round. That would mean still that the rocks where formed with a harder core and therfore not formed by erosion but a process similar to the crystal process I mentioned earlier. It is far more likely that the Devils marbles where all pushed down and along by glaciel movement. This would explain how the rocks ended up on top of eachother after the melt down.

Wind erosion is generally a flat erosion with rocks all eroding in the same or very similar directions.

I am Australian and am pretty familiar with the geography of the area, but I also live now in New Zealand. A Geographically facinating country. I am not only expected to know all there is about the Kiwi stones, I have also been privy to lectures on the latest findings about the New Zealand rocks.

The Bosnian Stones lie in an obviously volcanic area couple this with the fact that they emerge from the ground in the exact same way as the New Zealand boulders, and are the same shape, this evidence clearly tilts the natural phenomeneon odds in their favour.

Essan, wind errosion? perhaps, but why would the wind only erode pieces of the rock, making them round. That would mean still that the rocks where formed with a harder core and therfore not formed by erosion but a process similar to the crystal process I mentioned earlier. It is far more likely that the Devils marbles where all pushed down and along by glaciel movement. This would explain how the rocks ended up on top of eachother after the melt down.

Wind erosion is generally a flat erosion with rocks all eroding in the same or very similar directions.

Australian and Bosnian stones look nothing alike. And Bosnia is not the most volcanic active place in the world. Actually it's not active at all. Hasn't been for hundreds of millenia.

Er, the ocean doesn't make grooves. And most of Australia is continental shield - it's been land for a very, very long time. The 'devil's marbles' look to me like they're formed by wind erosion.

Yes it does. By groves I mean 'flow lines' like you would find in a shallow, sandy river bed (or in the ocean if you could see that far down).

Now Australia was mostly covered by water up until 400 million years ago. It was never really covered in ice except for a brief period (Late Carboniferous, 300 million years ago) - and even then it was only the bottom part.

See: Paleomap Project

Anyway, lets forget Australia and get back on topic. Say the bosnian balls were man made... Couldn't the romans have left them behind?

Edited by intrepid

Yes it does. By groves I mean 'flow lines' like you would find in a shallow, sandy river bed (or in the ocean if you could see that far down).

Now Australia was mostly covered by water up until 400 million years ago. It was never really covered in ice except for a brief period (Late Carboniferous, 300 million years ago) - and even then it was only the bottom part.

Anyway, lets forget Australia and get back on topic. Say the bosnian balls were man made... Couldn't the romans have left them behind?

Romans? why the Romans?...ancient footballs? :w00t:

Romans? why the Romans?...ancient footballs? :w00t:

Hahaha. One word - Catapults. Yes the rocks are very round, but who said the romans didn't like round rocks?

And I like the cannonball theory too... good job hetrodoxly - even if the Bosnian stones are bigger than a standard weapons class rock.

Edited by intrepid

yes maybe the romans left them behind,, but it still leaves us with the south american stone balls, who made them and it was far before the roman times.. so we are still in the maybe area here.

no metal tool marks are on the rocks,

even if there was wth would be point of firing ROCK at the enemy :unsure: this is roman time lol metal everywhere, all you need is fire and some metal and you got yourself some canonballs,

yes the type that will not break in 10000 parts when it hits the wall :):tu::tu::tu: