Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] The Bosnian Pyramid Thread

bosnian

I am sorry, Essan, but now you are walking on uknown ground for you.

Let me explain why:

In ex-Yugoslavija we used to have the volonteer "working" brigades. What happened there is that every year mostly young people went to work, "build" the country, on a volonteere basis all around Yugoslavija.

Many buildings and sports complexes were build that way. The only "pay'' those people received is free food and a good time after work.

So, no, the money and workers were never an issue. The issue was always personal interests, lack of historical understanding and government birocratie. Those things have not change a bit after the war because most political leaders and scientists were "sculptured" by the dogmatic comunist way of thinking.

Semir is breaking the rules, so Semir is an enemy of their ideology.

Very true Bosanchero.

I was in Zvornik a gzillion times and drove under the bridge. Nobody ever cared about it, just like noone cared about Visocica. Now everyone is all of a sudden so "concered".

I know what the concern is. Digging in those areas would mean changing the History of this part of Europe and in the case of Visocica maybe even the World.

As for our "experts" it is a matter of pride. All those things were always in front of their "scientific" nose and they did not see it.

Now they want to hide their failure.

Mr. Osmanagic is defenitly on a major discovery, even if it is important only localy.

That is why I say: Keep on diggin', Semirbeg.

You know what I liked the most in Zvornik? A beautiful girl names Amela, and of course the famous white Bread. :tu:

hahhaa bro hahahahha omg even bread here in Texas is called "Zvornicki" in my house hehhee

Essan so if osmanagich stops digging what happens, hill stays there, noone touch is it for about 100 years because noone has money and our country is to poor to aford an archeological dig ??? and the GOOD thing in that is what again ???

hahhaa bro hahahahha omg even bread here in Texas is called "Zvornicki" in my house hehhee

Essan so if osmanagich stops digging what happens, hill stays there, noone touch is it for about 100 years because noone has money and our country is to poor to aford an archeological dig ??? and the GOOD thing in that is what again ???

You don't have bosnian bakerys in tx? In bg ky there are at least 4 with bread and cevapi. I had some cevapi for lunch today, and man. Hardees food is good, but cevapi... It's so good with some karlovacko pivo. Unfortunatelly though i live in Louisville, and there is a few but not as good as bg

You don't have bosnian bakerys in tx? In bg ky there are at least 4 with bread and cevapi. I had some cevapi for lunch today, and man. Hardees food is good, but cevapi... It's so good with some karlovacko pivo. Unfortunatelly though i live in Louisville, and there is a few but not as good as bg

Yeah, we got bosnian food also here where I live, but it is not like when you eat at "Hase" or "Djezo" in Sarajevo or the "sudzukice" by Karasman in Zvornik, or sardele in Makarska and Split.

While we are waitin for more news, we mighd as well talk about food. The world has still to discover it. :tu:

Edited by odas

Egyptian Expert Backs Osmanagic's Bosnian Pyramid Claim

The Associated Press reports that Dr. Aly Abd Alla Barakata says the Visocica Hill is probably a primitive pyramid. Barakata is an Egyptian geologist and the first expert from Egypt to see the hill.

"My opinion is that this is a type of pyramid, probably a primitive pyramid," said Dr. Aly Abd Alla Barakata, a geologist from the Egyptian Mineral Resource Authority.

Barakata is the first expert from Egypt to visit the Visocica hill and offer an opinion on whether huge stone slabs excavated on the site could form the sloping sides of a massive step pyramid.

Semir Osmanagic, an amateur Bosnian archaeologist who has been investigating Latin American pyramids for 15 years, claimed last year that the Visocica hill, about 20 miles northwest of Sarajevo, is a pyramid. If correct, it would be the first ancient pyramid ever found in Europe.

Osmanagic's team, made up mainly of volunteers, began excavations last month on the 2,120-foot hill. The team found that Visocica has 45-degree slopes pointing toward the cardinal points and a flat top. Under layers of dirt, workers discovered a paved entrance plateau, entrances to tunnels and large stone blocks.

There has been some skepticism about the hill and about Semir Osmanagic himself so it is good to see that more experts are visiting the hill and giving credence to Osmanagic's claims. You can read more about the Bosnian pyramid here in an earlier post and on BosnianPyramid.com. BosnianPyramid.com also has some new pictures of those ancient http://www.sciencenewsblog.com/cgi-bin/snb...l?snblog=502061

stone balls discovered in the same region as the Visocica Hill.

http://www.bosnianpyramid.com/images/Bosni...osnic_Kugle.jpg

http://www.bosnianpyramid.com/images/Bosni...AhmedBosnic.jpg

http://www.breakfornews.com/forum/viewtopi...3be911be4b9dcdd

http://forums.truthbook.com/viewtopic.php?...ae9545e3b410350

Edited by crystal sage

I am sorry, Essan, but now you are walking on uknown ground for you.

Let me explain why:

In ex-Yugoslavija we used to have the volonteer "working" brigades. What happened there is that every year mostly young people went to work, "build" the country, on a volonteere basis all around Yugoslavija.

Many buildings and sports complexes were build that way. The only "pay'' those people received is free food and a good time after work.

So, no, the money and workers were never an issue. The issue was always personal interests, lack of historical understanding and government birocratie. Those things have not change a bit after the war because most political leaders and scientists were "sculptured" by the dogmatic comunist way of thinking.

Semir is breaking the rules, so Semir is an enemy of their ideology.

Personally the last thing I would be worried about is finding labor to dig in an archaeological site, heck people pay big money in my country to do that.

But what about things like surveying, cataloging, photographing, and preserving finds? those types of things cost money. As well you need people trained enough to be able to enterpret what you have found, or else the whole exercise is pointless.

Crystal Sage, those articles and images are over 5 month's old :hmm:

The Associated Press reports that Dr. Aly Abd Alla Barakata says the Visocica Hill is probably a primitive pyramid. Barakata is an Egyptian geologist and the first expert from Egypt to see the hill.

"My opinion is that this is a type of pyramid, probably a primitive pyramid," said Dr. Aly Abd Alla Barakata, a geologist from the Egyptian Mineral Resource Authority.

Barakata is the first expert from Egypt to visit the Visocica hill and offer an opinion on whether huge stone slabs excavated on the site could form the sloping sides of a massive step pyramid.

Semir Osmanagic, an amateur Bosnian archaeologist who has been investigating Latin American pyramids for 15 years, claimed last year that the Visocica hill, about 20 miles northwest of Sarajevo, is a pyramid. If correct, it would be the first ancient pyramid ever found in Europe.

Osmanagic's team, made up mainly of volunteers, began excavations last month on the 2,120-foot hill. The team found that Visocica has 45-degree slopes pointing toward the cardinal points and a flat top. Under layers of dirt, workers discovered a paved entrance plateau, entrances to tunnels and large stone blocks.

There has been some skepticism about the hill and about Semir Osmanagic himself so it is good to see that more experts are visiting the hill and giving credence to Osmanagic's claims. You can read more about the Bosnian pyramid here in an earlier post and on BosnianPyramid.com. BosnianPyramid.com also has some new pictures of those ancient http://www.sciencenewsblog.com/cgi-bin/snb...l?snblog=502061

stone balls discovered in the same region as the Visocica Hill.

http://www.bosnianpyramid.com/images/Bosni...osnic_Kugle.jpg

http://www.bosnianpyramid.com/images/Bosni...AhmedBosnic.jpg

http://www.breakfornews.com/forum/viewtopi...3be911be4b9dcdd

This report is older than the "pyramid"

Probably.

After all, if this were the UK, then we probably couldn't afford a proper archaeological dig! Unless we got 'Time Team' in and a TV Company paid for it all... And even then it's be a quick case of find out what's there and then recover it for some future time.

There are 1,000s of locally and even nationally important sites in the UK which have never been properly excavated ....

I don't see whay Bosnia should be any different? Or do you have big archaeological units sitting on vast sums of cash that they don't know how to spend?

Have you been in VISOKO ??? how do you know work is done UNPROFESIONALLY ??

please someone tell me its not only me that sees a PATERN in all this

ARE YOU SERIOUS ??? really what do you want ??? are you bosnian ??? is VISOKI your Medival CAPITAL ??? do you have anything to do with VISOKI ??? COULD you have even shown VISOKO on a Map before all this ??? Can you find visoko on map now ???

where exacly were you all before the pyramid idea ??? who cared about VISOKI back than ??? any of you ??? NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT !!! so what do you want now than ??? go away leave the man alone, let him do this job.

I made my statement based off the many photos that have been posted. At the start, there were dozens, or was it hundreds of volunteer diggers. They cleared literally tons of earth in just a couple of days, right? So you are saying that it was all done with a care for all artifacts and sites? What about the tractor? I remember that there was a tractor donated and a picture was taken of it digging chunks from the hillside. Is that a professional archeological digging procedure?

I was just pointing out that this would never get done as it is being done, in the US. Too many bureaucrats and politicians.

I don't want them to stop. They should keep digging. I just think it should be professionally managed. How are the diggers managed now? Is Semir in direct control of them? If there are so many experts who agree this is really several man-made pyramids, then maybe some of them could volunteer to manage the digging? They would be famous if it proves to be true, and they could potentially get better information on what else is there and better date the site.

I made my statement based off the many photos that have been posted. At the start, there were dozens, or was it hundreds of volunteer diggers. They cleared literally tons of earth in just a couple of days, right? So you are saying that it was all done with a care for all artifacts and sites? What about the tractor? I remember that there was a tractor donated and a picture was taken of it digging chunks from the hillside. Is that a professional archeological digging procedure?

I was just pointing out that this would never get done as it is being done, in the US. Too many bureaucrats and politicians.

I don't want them to stop. They should keep digging. I just think it should be professionally managed. How are the diggers managed now? Is Semir in direct control of them? If there are so many experts who agree this is really several man-made pyramids, then maybe some of them could volunteer to manage the digging? They would be famous if it proves to be true, and they could potentially get better information on what else is there and better date the site.

Osmanagich is in control of nothing but medias :ph34r: he spens half of the time in USA, all the experts that say its pyramid are GEOLOGISTS not ARCHEOLOGISTS :rofl:

if you looking for artefacts i say dig ANYWHERE in bosnia, just pick a hill and start digging and you will run into some,

look at the map of OLD WORLD (europe, asia and Africa) than locate Bosnia region on that map and you might see why i said what i just did :)

if you looking for artefacts i say dig ANYWHERE in bosnia, just pick a hill and start digging and you will run into some,

look at the map of OLD WORLD (europe, asia and Africa) than locate Bosnia region on that map and you might see why i said what i just did

Well apparently you can dig anywhere in Bosnia EXCEPT where they are currently digging. :P

Have there been ANY artifacts found? If so why are we looking at pictures of rocks? :hmm:

Well apparently you can dig anywhere in Bosnia EXCEPT where they are currently digging. :P

Have there been ANY artifacts found? If so why are we looking at pictures of rocks? :hmm:

I saw that they found a couple of broken pottery (Roman empire as far as I know).

all the experts that say its pyramid are GEOLOGISTS not ARCHEOLOGISTS

I thought it was opposite. Barakat, El Haddidy = Archaeologists? Schoch = Geologist?

Because geologists have their explenation on this, which I tried to share in another post.

[attachmentid=28964]

I realy don't know what to say about this picture. I believe it is from the Moon Pyramid.

Those are pictures from recent excavations. Pic is taken from the Bosnina Pyramid site.

If someone would put my butt on a hot plate, I would still say it is man-made.

post-26495-1161256116.jpg

[attachmentid=28964]

I realy don't know what to say about this picture. I believe it is from the Moon Pyramid.

Those are pictures from recent excavations. Pic is taken from the Bosnina Pyramid site.

If someone would put my butt on a hot plate, I would still say it is man-made.

I disagree, from what I see that formation is totally natural.

There are no vertical structures in that photo, only horizontal layers.

from the moon pyramid

if this is the work of nature, it is really sick then :wacko:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

remeber the hill look like a pyramid and the you find such beautiiful stone blocks

Mexico style pyramid

user posted image

Edited by Aragon

Looks like a line of paving slabs on the side of a hill ...... Not what you'd expect to find on a pyramid ;) And as far as age - could be between 2,000 years and 20 days since they were laid ....

What's the betting no proper exacavation will be made (they'll just move on now to yet another site) and no artifacts will be uncovered from on, around or beneath the slabs?

And as far as age - could be between 2,000 years and 20 days since they were laid ....

Well, I would guess that their age is more about 10 millions years...

Do you see the thin, regular, stratified layers that are above the "pavements" and recovering them on the first pictures ? These layers of sediments (alternating thin layers of clay, marl and sandstone) are dated from the middle Miocene period (about 10 to 7 millions years before present). They are perfectly in situ, no one removed them to make the pavements then put them back :-).

Irna

Edited by Irna

Beautiful pictures. Thank you so much. It is so heart melting and wonderful to see the past being uncovered.

from the moon pyramid

if this is the work of nature, it is really sick then :wacko:

remeber the hill look like a pyramid and the you find such beautiiful stone blocks

Mexico style pyramid

user posted image

Go back a few pages, there is already an excellent example of how the mountain might have gotten it's shape.

But so far the evidence shows that the actual construction of the "pyramid" is natural.

It makes no sense to built a pyramid out of thousands ? millions ? of thin, alternating layers, only mother nature builds that way. :yes:

Go back a few pages, there is already an excellent example of how the mountain might have gotten it's shape.

But so far the evidence shows that the actual construction of the "pyramid" is natural.

It makes no sense to built a pyramid out of thousands ? millions ? of thin, alternating layers, only mother nature builds that way. :yes:

Yeah, that's correct.

Before I was unaware of what nature could do. Which is why I believed in the pyramids.

But geologists have a good explenation on the creation of these hills, and they sound pretty good to me. OR ARE THEY ALL LYING!? :unsure2:

Anyway, a brilliant explenation on what nature can do, is found at "the giant's causeway"

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

For more information, please visit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant's_Causeway

Yeah, that's correct.

Before I was unaware of what nature could do. Which is why I believed in the pyramids.

But geologists have a good explenation on the creation of these hills, and they sound pretty good to me. OR ARE THEY ALL LYING!? :unsure2:

Anyway, a brilliant explenation on what nature can do, is found at "the giant's causeway"

For more information, please visit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant's_Causeway

just one question about "the giant's causeway" is there 3-4 more "Giant Causeway's" located near this one ;)

Nature indeed is wonderfull and makes amazing things but make 3-4 pyramid looking hills with suck similarity's :unsure2: whatever geologists say i will still be questioning that :hmm:

just one question about "the giant's causeway" is there 3-4 more "Giant Causeway's" located near this one ;)

Nature indeed is wonderfull and makes amazing things but make 3-4 pyramid looking hills with suck similarity's :unsure2: whatever geologists say i will still be questioning that :hmm:

Yes, there are other places like it, maybe not so spectacular, but with the same basaltic columns, in several places in Ireland and Scotland (not to mention many other places in the world). Look for instance for "Fingal's Cave" in Scotland.

Irna

When I was in Bosnia this year, I payed a lot of attention on the mountains. I must say, that many mountains have the pyramid shape. I guess it's just the way the geology is at Bosnia.

P.s. Did you try cevape kod faraona? hehe :D

I see were back to the naturally formed theory.. any way most south american pyramids were thought to be natural hills at the begning, anywho here is the worlds largest pyramid and its not in Egypt

http://www.delange.org/Cholula/Cholula.htm

Interesting, I see they used "walls" in their pyramid, something that appears to be lacking in almost all the pictures I've seen so far. :blink: (at least any of the "Pyramid of the Moon" pictures I've seen that is).