Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] The Bosnian Pyramid Thread

bosnian

You'll also find people with true belief in UFOs, underground cities full of reptilemen, that Elvis is still alive, that we never went to the Moon and that the CIA killed John F. Kennedy. There may be some truth in all this Bosnian Pyramid ordeal, but again the word of a few people weighed against the whole rest of the world needs to be considered.

If there was sufficent evidence to indicate that these hills were pyramids, then many more people would work to bring the truth out.

I think that Barakat made those statements almost two years ago. And so far there has not been any proof that could not be explained geologically or by artifacts deposited after the Roman occupation. It has been demonstrated many times here in this thread how stones can form and fault (break) into the shapes found at the Visoko site. A first year geology student could explain them. A first year archeology student would be shocked by the way the dig is (or was) conducted. They used tractors to move trees and dirt, for crying out loud, in a hurried attempt to expose the hill's rock core and get some news coverage.

It is clear in MANY of the pics posted in this thread that the hill has layers of stone that conform to geological rules and that the diggers there have conveniently dug down into the layers to expose the largest and most "man-made" looking stone layers. No one would build a pyramid larger then the Great Pyramid in Egypt and use thousands of individual layers, some millimeters thick, in just one three meter high section. It is ridiculous.

If there is some truth about these hills being worked by prehistoric man, it is entirely overshadowed by the circus and fraud that is being clearly shown on the video clips and in online pics. Some pics on this thread were taken by members of this Forum. Pics taken by "true believers" are the most damning, because they still show that the stones are found in geological layers and clearly show that they have been moved about and rearranged.

You'll also find people with true belief in UFOs, underground cities full of reptilemen, that Elvis is still alive, that we never went to the Moon and that the CIA killed John F. Kennedy. There may be some truth in all this Bosnian Pyramid ordeal, but again the word of a few people weighed against the whole rest of the world needs to be considered.

If there was sufficent evidence to indicate that these hills were pyramids, then many more people would work to bring the truth out.

I think that Barakat made those statements almost two years ago. And so far there has not been any proof that could not be explained geologically or by artifacts deposited after the Roman occupation. It has been demonstrated many times here in this thread how stones can form and fault (break) into the shapes found at the Visoko site. A first year geology student could explain them. A first year archeology student would be shocked by the way the dig is (or was) conducted. They used tractors to move trees and dirt, for crying out loud, in a hurried attempt to expose the hill's rock core and get some news coverage.

It is clear in MANY of the pics posted in this thread that the hill has layers of stone that conform to geological rules and that the diggers there have conveniently dug down into the layers to expose the largest and most "man-made" looking stone layers. No one would build a pyramid larger then the Great Pyramid in Egypt and use thousands of individual layers, some millimeters thick, in just one three meter high section. It is ridiculous.

If there is some truth about these hills being worked by prehistoric man, it is entirely overshadowed by the circus and fraud that is being clearly shown on the video clips and in online pics. Some pics on this thread were taken by members of this Forum. Pics taken by "true believers" are the most damning, because they still show that the stones are found in geological layers and clearly show that they have been moved about and rearranged.

Sorry, DieChecker, but many of those layers that you mentioned are now classified ( by the same people who said this is only bedrock ) as traces of the roman empire which is something noone new about.

So we are already slowly changing the story...........................until we find out, perhaps it is a pyramid. As I said, let us wait up before we say yes or no. They still have a lot of digging to do and there are al kinds of people who want to prevent it for some reason. ( I know why, but this is another story ).

Sorry, DieChecker, but many of those layers that you mentioned are now classified ( by the same people who said this is only bedrock ) as traces of the roman empire which is something noone new about.

So we are already slowly changing the story...........................until we find out, perhaps it is a pyramid. As I said, let us wait up before we say yes or no. They still have a lot of digging to do and there are al kinds of people who want to prevent it for some reason. ( I know why, but this is another story ).

My point exactly. Let the people figure out what is there. Worst case scenario they will dig up some roman remains, and we'll know more about history of roman settlements in bosnia. Best case scenario the history of the world is turned upside down. Also, There were some other egyptian experts there this summer and they all stated that it was man made. I can not find any links that are not from bosanska piramida sunca.ba and I don't want to use them as a reference since a lot of people on the forum say that they are biased.

My point exactly. Let the people figure out what is there. Worst case scenario they will dig up some roman remains, and we'll know more about history of roman settlements in bosnia. Best case scenario the history of the world is turned upside down. Also, There were some other egyptian experts there this summer and they all stated that it was man made. I can not find any links that are not from bosanska piramida sunca.ba and I don't want to use them as a reference since a lot of people on the forum say that they are biased.

According to the experts what is there are natural hills that have been reworked over the centuries, just like people have been saying since the beginning.

Could you give some references to these people who "classified" these layers as "traces of the roman empire"? Unless I'm mistaken, nobody ever said the layers on Visocica or Pljesevica were some Roman pavements, except a certain Mensur Omerbaschich, who clearly has no more knowledge about the local sedimentary layers than has Mr. Osmanagic, see http://irna.lautre.net/Pyramids-shaped-by-Romans.html.

Irna

It has been all over bosnian tv and newspapers over last few months. Every single expert that visited the area has stated that it was man made. How much more proof do you need.

Where's the artefacts?

Could you give some references to these people who "classified" these layers as "traces of the roman empire"? Unless I'm mistaken, nobody ever said the layers on Visocica or Pljesevica were some Roman pavements, except a certain Mensur Omerbaschich, who clearly has no more knowledge about the local sedimentary layers than has Mr. Osmanagic, see http://irna.lautre.net/Pyramids-shaped-by-Romans.html.

Irna

I ment some people here on UM who were so sure of the fact that it is only bedrock. Later they claimed that those are probably only remains of pavements dated back to the roman empire. All that without even being in Visoko.

Do not understand me wrong, I can not say for sure those are pyramids or not. I was there in August of 2007 and I was very impressed of what I have seen. Some of it does look like worked bedrock but there are also blocks, carved and up to 20000 tones heavy. This is not bedrock nor were they originaly in this area.

I was only on the Moon pyramid though because the Sun pyramid was closed by the order of a politician ( this was just a political manouver by somoene who should not be in that position in the first place ).

As far as I know they will continue to ex..ecx.. digg on the Sun pyramid next year.

Here are two pics from earlier in the thread that show my point about the layers. Wow! It looks like a lot of the pics have disappeared or been restricted by websites.

You can see that the "cobble stones" go right into the hill and that there are layers of shale on top of them. No one would lay down layers of shale on top of cobble stones. If they were to pile the shale on top of the cobble stones then they would be all different directions, right, not layered.

linked-image

linked-image

The last pic is by Zlatan. Thanks Zlatan...

Edited by DieChecker

According to the experts what is there are natural hills that have been reworked over the centuries, just like people have been saying since the beginning.

This is according to experts from England who have never left England to look. I guess they are scared their little pile of rocks may not be the oldest standing monument in Europe.

Here are some pictures which show some of the huge blocks.

Do theese pictures look like natural ocuring formations to anybody? If they do then Stonehenge occured naturally as well.

This is according to experts from England who have never left England to look. I guess they are scared their little pile of rocks may not be the oldest standing monument in Europe.

Actually no.

I know of at least 3 scientists who were in Bosnia and say the same thing, I quoted one of them earlier in this thread (or another similar thread ).

Actually no.

I know of at least 3 scientists who were in Bosnia and say the same thing, I quoted one of them earlier in this thread (or another similar thread ).

I specifically remember reading the same thing. Something like 3/4 of the Bosnian geologists and archeologists claimed it was a hill (Sun Pyramid). That was in the first couple months of the digging. I don't know what they are saying now. Many people wrote off those experts because of accusations of ethnic hatreds and accusations of laziness.

I specifically remember reading the same thing. Something like 3/4 of the Bosnian geologists and archeologists claimed it was a hill (Sun Pyramid). That was in the first couple months of the digging. I don't know what they are saying now. Many people wrote off those experts because of accusations of ethnic hatreds and accusations of laziness.

Everything I've read recently has been confirming that those are man made structures. Now who made it, when and why is a different question.

Do theese pictures look like natural ocuring formations to anybody? If they do then Stonehenge occured naturally as well.

Yes they do! They look like layers of native limestone that have been exposed by digging. The same can be done anywhere there are layers of limestone. It has been shown multiple times that limestone will commonly break into 90 degree cornered blocks.

Stonehinge on the other hand is non-native stones that are placed on end and stacked on top of each other. Very different.

Your second pic even shows that the block in the center is still attached at the top to the flat layer going off to the left. Why would anyone build a block like that? However faulting like that is common in nature. What to believe??? The improbable (pyramids) or the ordinary (geology)?

Everything I've read recently has been confirming that those are man made structures. Now who made it, when and why is a different question.

What then have you been reading? Have some links? I will happily eat up a whole murder of crows if I am wrong.

What then have you been reading? Have some links? I will happily eat up a whole murder of crows if I am wrong.

The best thing i've seen was a video with interviews of experts who worked there. I can not find a way to make a link but you can go to bosanska piramida sunca.ba click on american flag and watch the video on the bottom.

QUOTE (edo bg @ Dec 14 2007, 10:10 PM)

It has been all over bosnian tv and newspapers over last few months. Every single expert that visited the area has stated that it was man made. How much more proof do you need.

Where's the artefacts?

By not answering my question kind of proves me right, only a natural site would have no artefacts.

By not answering my question kind of proves me right, only a natural site would have no artefacts.

Actually there are some. I will try to find some pictures. But do not think of them like artefact found in Egypt.

I'd eat them even if you were right.

Cause I'm from the South - apparently qualifying me for membership in mouthbreathers and inbreeders anonymous.

No, really, there's not much I won't eat - besides eggplant casserole that is.

But anything's better than this argument about a pile of dirt and rock.

Harte

Crow Meat = :(:blink:

C'mon Harte don't you want to see this thread get to one hundred pages!!! :clap:

Edited by DieChecker

Thks Irna - that explains why they appeared not to have found anything during their pyramid construction :D

Thanks for routing us to your web site. Any other site that is not based on your opinions?

"Opinions?"

Odas, please tell us what your opinion of these obviously natural formations is?

Harte