Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] The Bosnian Pyramid Thread

bosnian

If what you say is true, you should have entitled the thread, Alleged Bosnian Pyramid Revisited. And really, there are not many places in Europe where man can set spade to earth and not return some sort of artifacts. So you see, I did read what you wrote, maybe what you think and write are two different things? because in the OP you support the idea that it is a man made pyramid then in your unnecessary response to me, you say you don't say it is a man made pyramid. So what EXACTLY is your position then?

You wrote, that it seems most likely that the so called pyramid, was built by humans. Make up your mind.

Again i have to say it seems you didn't read what I wrote, so I will quote myself from my first post so it's clear:

From what it seems, this pyramid has most likely indeed been used and built by people, either partially or completely. It is possible they have used a natural pyramid shaped mountain and built some upon it, made tunnels etc, and built other structures around and on it.

Pretty clear is it not?...

And with that said I'm eager to see what more discoveries they will make in the area, from what culture the remains are, and how far back it dates.

Peace

If what you say is true, you should have entitled the thread, Alleged Bosnian Pyramid Revisited. And really, there are not many places in Europe where man can set spade to earth and not return some sort of artifacts. So you see, I did read what you wrote, maybe what you think and write are two different things? because in the OP you support the idea that it is a man made pyramid then in your unnecessary response to me, you say you don't say it is a man made pyramid. So what EXACTLY is your position then?

You wrote, that it seems most likely that the so called pyramid, was built by humans. Make up your mind.

Edited by darkbreed

Isn't the "stone hammer" stretching it a bit? Didn't the stone age people use ovoid stones that fit the hand to do the hammering? I also wonder what the longish pieces of stone are supposed to be. If they are blades, they don't seem to me like they've been worked on. Wouldn't even be utterly surprised if the type of stone was unsuitable for tool making. Can anyone tell me what the blobs in the first and second pictures in the third row are?

And now for something completely different, a man with two hats:

linked-image

Yeah. Well, there has been a fortress of one sort or another on top of the hill since Roman times, so the hill will be covered with artifacts. Humans tend to litter.

The tunnels have no real way to be dated, but when the tunnels were first brought up, it was said that the military used those tunnels for training, so the could be entirely modern.

The point of contention on these pyramids is weither the are entirely man made or if they are simply altered hills. Clearly the evidence shows they are not entirely or even partly man made. Weither the were worked to be smoother is still up for debate and probably will never be settled.

Isn't the "stone hammer" stretching it a bit? Didn't the stone age people use ovoid stones that fit the hand to do the hammering? I also wonder what the longish pieces of stone are supposed to be. If they are blades, they don't seem to me like they've been worked on. Wouldn't even be utterly surprised if the type of stone was unsuitable for tool making. Can anyone tell me what the blobs in the first and second pictures in the third row are?

And now for something completely different, a man with two hats:

linked-image

I think you are correct, to me those stone tools look completely impractical especially if used as suggested.

Is this all the artifacts they have found so far? You would think with the amount of human occupation in the area that they would have literally truckloads of objects to sort through.

I think you are correct, to me those stone tools look completely impractical especially if used as suggested.

Is this all the artifacts they have found so far? You would think with the amount of human occupation in the area that they would have literally truckloads of objects to sort through.

If they hadn't used bulldozers and other heavy equipment as excavation tools, they probably would have.

The point of contention on these pyramids is weither the are entirely man made or if they are simply altered hills. Clearly the evidence shows they are not entirely or even partly man made. Weither the were worked to be smoother is still up for debate and probably will never be settled.

I believe the evidence points very strongly at the likelihood that the hills have been worked by humans to make them look more like pyramids and that this work took place during the early 3rd millennium AD :)

....... and that this work took place during the early 3rd millennium AD

Now this I COMPLETELY agree with B)

EDIT: no surprise, spelling!!

Edited by keithisco

I believe the evidence points very strongly at the likelihood that the hills have been worked by humans to make them look more like pyramids and that this work took place during the early 3rd millennium AD :)

Most of it anyway :tu:

HAHHAHAhAhaHA Essan i will ask u again u up for that Drink in visoko this summer m8 ??? i'll be there from early july till late august :wub::D

• 3 months later...

It looks like Semir is still in business.

I found a site that posts stuff on the pyramids that is current.

http://bpblognews.blogspot.com/

I still think they are hills (mostly). :tu:

• 1 year later...

What do you think?

an eroded relic/artifact .. or just chance?

New Artifact found between The Pyramid of the Sun and Pyramid of Love

Posted on Jul 03, 2008 by admin

http://www.pyramidsinbosnia.com/latest_news.php?c=1&pg=3

During the survey of the location "Ilijin Potok", between the Bosnian Pyramid of the Sun and Bosnian Pyramid of Love an interesteing atrifact was discoverd with outlines of a girl's face.

girl1_thumb.jpg

Edited by crystal sage

What do you think?

During the survey of the location "Ilijin Potok", between the Bosnian Pyramid of the Sun and Bosnian Pyramid of Love an interesteing atrifact was discoverd with outlines of a girl's face.

girl1_thumb.jpg

I can kinda make out a face formed by the dark coloured veines in the stone, but that can be coincidence, or natural formation. I really don't see anything else but a pebble.

As to the aledged pyramids, I feel I have to add the following excerpt from wiki (I know not allknowing, but a good centralised source database in my opinion)

Link to the enitre article

Expert interpretations

Semir Osmanagić's claims, widely reported in the mass media, have been challenged by a number of experts, who have accused him of promoting pseudo-scientific notions and damaging archaeological sites with his excavations. Penn State University Professor Garrett Fagan is quoted as saying "They should not be allowed to destroy genuine sites in the pursuit of these delusions[...] It’s as if someone were given permission to bulldoze Stonehenge to find secret chambers of lost ancient wisdom underneath."[11]

Boston University's Curtis Runnels, an expert in prehistoric Greece and the Balkans states that, "Between 27,000 and 12,000 years ago, the Balkans were locked in the last Glacial maximum, a period of very cold and dry climate with glaciers in some of the mountain ranges. The only occupants were Upper Paleolithic hunters and gatherers who left behind open-air camp sites and traces of occupation in caves. These remains consist of simple stone tools, hearths, and remains of animals and plants that were consumed for food. These people did not have the tools or skills to engage in the construction of monumental architecture."[12]

Enver Imamovic of the University of Sarajevo, a former director of the National Museum of Sarajevo, concerned that the excavations will damage historic sites such as the medieval royal capital Visoki, said that the excavations would "irreversibly destroy a national treasure".[13] Excavations by archaeologists not related to the Foundation in the summer of 2008 uncovered medieval artefacts and led to renewed calls for the government to cancel Osmanagić's digging permits.[14]

In a letter to the editor of The Times on 25 April 2006, Professor Anthony Harding, president of the European Association of Archaeologists, referred to Osmanagić's theories as "wacky" and "absurd" and expressed concern that insufficient safeguards were in place to protect Bosnia's "rich heritage" from "looting and unmonitored or unauthorised development".[15] After visiting the site himself, Harding reported, "we saw areas of natural stone (a breccia), with fissures and cracks; but no sign of anything that looked like archaeology."[2]

On May 8, 2006, members of the Geological team investigating Visočica on behalf of the Archaeological Park: Bosnian Pyramid of the Sun Foundation held a press conference in Tuzla to present the results of their research. The academics, from the Faculty of Mining and Geology[16] at the University of Tuzla[17] and led by Professor Dr. Sejfudin Vrabac,[18] concluded that the hill is a natural geological formation, made of clastic sediments of layered composition and varying thickness, and that its shape is a consequence of endodynamical and exodynamical processes in post-Miocene era.

According to Professor Vrabac, who specializes in paleogeology, there are dozens of like morphological formations in the Sarajevo-Zenica mining basin alone. The Geological team report on Visocica, based on the data collected in six drill holes at 3 to 17 metre depths, is supported by the Research and Teaching Council of the Faculty of Mining and Geology, as well as the Association of Geologists of Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina.[19]

In June 2006, Zahi Hawass's name became linked to the excavations[20] as recommending a supposed expert, Aly Abd Alla Barakat, to investigate the hills. Upon being contacted Hawass denied any involvement, accusing Osmanagić of "giving out false information", and clarifying that Barakat "knows nothing about Egyptian pyramids".[21]

The Archaeological Park: Bosnian Pyramid of the Sun Foundation has said that Barakat inspected the hills and stated, "My opinion is that this is a type of pyramid, probably a primitive pyramid."[6][22] In November 2007 an English version of a 2006 report by Barakat was posted on the foundation site. [23] Osmanagić also invited geologist and alternative archaeologist Robert Schoch to visit the site. In a preliminary report he concluded that there were natural geological explanations for all the features claimed to be artificial by Osmanagić. In the case of the tunnels he further added:

The much-touted “ancient inscriptions” seem not to be ancient at all. I was told by a reliable source that the inscriptions were not there when members of the “pyramid team” initially entered the tunnels less than two years ago. The “ancient inscriptions” had been added since, perhaps non-maliciously, or perhaps as a downright hoax.[24]

Schoch's website documents "extreme damage being done by the way the excavations are being performed," and accuses Osmanagić of launching "a deliberate smear campaign."[25]

Osmanagić even tried to involve Zahi Hawass into this. Hawass is not my favorite expert on Egyptology or pyramids, but he is a world leading expert nontheless. Hawass refuted any allegations made by Osmanagić, concerning his involvement. I'm sorry but there is enough proof that it is a hoax or a good conjob.

What do you think?

girl1_thumb.jpg

I can kinda make out a face formed by the dark coloured veines in the stone, but that can be coincidence, or natural formation. I really don't see anything else but a pebble.

As to the aledged pyramids, I feel I have to add the following excerpt from wiki (I know not allknowing, but a good centralised source database in my opinion)

Link to the enitre article

Expert interpretations

Semir Osmanagić's claims, widely reported in the mass media, have been challenged by a number of experts, who have accused him of promoting pseudo-scientific notions and damaging archaeological sites with his excavations. Penn State University Professor Garrett Fagan is quoted as saying "They should not be allowed to destroy genuine sites in the pursuit of these delusions[...] It’s as if someone were given permission to bulldoze Stonehenge to find secret chambers of lost ancient wisdom underneath."[11]

Boston University's Curtis Runnels, an expert in prehistoric Greece and the Balkans states that, "Between 27,000 and 12,000 years ago, the Balkans were locked in the last Glacial maximum, a period of very cold and dry climate with glaciers in some of the mountain ranges. The only occupants were Upper Paleolithic hunters and gatherers who left behind open-air camp sites and traces of occupation in caves. These remains consist of simple stone tools, hearths, and remains of animals and plants that were consumed for food. These people did not have the tools or skills to engage in the construction of monumental architecture."[12]

Enver Imamovic of the University of Sarajevo, a former director of the National Museum of Sarajevo, concerned that the excavations will damage historic sites such as the medieval royal capital Visoki, said that the excavations would "irreversibly destroy a national treasure".[13] Excavations by archaeologists not related to the Foundation in the summer of 2008 uncovered medieval artefacts and led to renewed calls for the government to cancel Osmanagić's digging permits.[14]

In a letter to the editor of The Times on 25 April 2006, Professor Anthony Harding, president of the European Association of Archaeologists, referred to Osmanagić's theories as "wacky" and "absurd" and expressed concern that insufficient safeguards were in place to protect Bosnia's "rich heritage" from "looting and unmonitored or unauthorised development".[15] After visiting the site himself, Harding reported, "we saw areas of natural stone (a breccia), with fissures and cracks; but no sign of anything that looked like archaeology."[2]

On May 8, 2006, members of the Geological team investigating Visočica on behalf of the Archaeological Park: Bosnian Pyramid of the Sun Foundation held a press conference in Tuzla to present the results of their research. The academics, from the Faculty of Mining and Geology[16] at the University of Tuzla[17] and led by Professor Dr. Sejfudin Vrabac,[18] concluded that the hill is a natural geological formation, made of clastic sediments of layered composition and varying thickness, and that its shape is a consequence of endodynamical and exodynamical processes in post-Miocene era.

According to Professor Vrabac, who specializes in paleogeology, there are dozens of like morphological formations in the Sarajevo-Zenica mining basin alone. The Geological team report on Visocica, based on the data collected in six drill holes at 3 to 17 metre depths, is supported by the Research and Teaching Council of the Faculty of Mining and Geology, as well as the Association of Geologists of Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina.[19]

In June 2006, Zahi Hawass's name became linked to the excavations[20] as recommending a supposed expert, Aly Abd Alla Barakat, to investigate the hills. Upon being contacted Hawass denied any involvement, accusing Osmanagić of "giving out false information", and clarifying that Barakat "knows nothing about Egyptian pyramids".[21]

The Archaeological Park: Bosnian Pyramid of the Sun Foundation has said that Barakat inspected the hills and stated, "My opinion is that this is a type of pyramid, probably a primitive pyramid."[6][22] In November 2007 an English version of a 2006 report by Barakat was posted on the foundation site. [23] Osmanagić also invited geologist and alternative archaeologist Robert Schoch to visit the site. In a preliminary report he concluded that there were natural geological explanations for all the features claimed to be artificial by Osmanagić. In the case of the tunnels he further added:

The much-touted “ancient inscriptions” seem not to be ancient at all. I was told by a reliable source that the inscriptions were not there when members of the “pyramid team” initially entered the tunnels less than two years ago. The “ancient inscriptions” had been added since, perhaps non-maliciously, or perhaps as a downright hoax.[24]

Schoch's website documents "extreme damage being done by the way the excavations are being performed," and accuses Osmanagić of launching "a deliberate smear campaign."[25]

Osmanagić even tried to involve Zahi Hawass into this. Hawass is not my favorite expert on Egyptology or pyramids, but he is a world leading expert nontheless. Hawass refuted any allegations made by Osmanagić, concerning his involvement. I'm sorry but there is enough proof that it is a hoax or a good conjob.

• 6 months later...

does it not seem weird , that 2012 is around a corner, and the Pyramid in bosnia is being dug

i wonder what they will find inside that will set inmotion "doomsday" or the coming of ET

who really made the Bosnian Pyramids?

lets just say these Gigantic stones were not hand made or man moved.

the answer to all the questions is

the Pyramids were made by ET , lets just say a very long time ago, as the digging continues and the main entrance to the main chamber is discovered,and inside of the chamber is a device that will summen the ET in 20**.

the main enrance of the Pyramid will be discovered in right time( 2012) which will trigger a sequence of events

that will lead to a "new beginning", the PRAMID IS SPLIT INTO SEVEN CHAMBERS, ONE CHMBER IS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PIRAMID

THREE ARE JUST ABOVE EARTH OR BOTTOM OF PIRAMID, AND THREE ARE UNDER GROUND

THE CHAMBER ARE PROTECTED BY ZIGZAGS/traps, and only "open eyes can see thru"

as for other smaller pyramids, dragon and moon these are keys to the "sun Pyramid,

when measures /pointed directly to sun pyramid, the sun itself/moon, and the STAR the the exact location of this

device will be shown in exact place of the Pyramid

the discovery will take place at a certain time ,in this case when the stars are alined, and the star above shows its way

currently couple tunnels have been dug , one will lead inside, that will happen end of 2010,

inorder to enter pyramids main chamber it will not be from bottom but ***** side,

as the first once enter they will run into a dead end for a while

they will pull a giant rock out of it place which it will lead them to one of the cahmber, what they discover there

they will be amazed, this wont be made public right away, but secrets spread fast

as for the second chamber , this holds the secret / writing

in the middle of it will be several giant circular rock each weighting over tons

they will find one of the rock split in half a piece of ******** metal will lay in front of them

the metal will be translated/desiphered and will show the history and future of this planet

i dont know who its going to be , but to let u know its coming

as for egyption pyramids and mayan they still have planty of secrets to throw out

qxy*^._qyw-<\|qyx~ W`

till next time

who really made the Bosnian Pyramids?

lets just say these Gigantic stones were not hand made or man moved.

the answer to all the questions is

the Pyramids were made by ET , lets just say a very long time ago, as the digging continues and the main entrance to the main chamber is discovered,and inside of the chamber is a device that will summen the ET in 20**.

the main enrance of the Pyramid will be discovered in right time( 2012) which will trigger a sequence of events

that will lead to a "new beginning", the PRAMID IS SPLIT INTO SEVEN CHAMBERS, ONE CHMBER IS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PIRAMID

THREE ARE JUST ABOVE EARTH OR BOTTOM OF PIRAMID, AND THREE ARE UNDER GROUND

THE CHAMBER ARE PROTECTED BY ZIGZAGS/traps, and only "open eyes can see thru"

as for other smaller pyramids, dragon and moon these are keys to the "sun Pyramid,

when measures /pointed directly to sun pyramid, the sun itself/moon, and the STAR the the exact location of this

device will be shown in exact place of the Pyramid

the discovery will take place at a certain time ,in this case when the stars are alined, and the star above shows its way

currently couple tunnels have been dug , one will lead inside, that will happen end of 2010,

inorder to enter pyramids main chamber it will not be from bottom but ***** side,

as the first once enter they will run into a dead end for a while

they will pull a giant rock out of it place which it will lead them to one of the cahmber, what they discover there

they will be amazed, this wont be made public right away, but secrets spread fast

as for the second chamber , this holds the secret / writing

in the middle of it will be several giant circular rock each weighting over tons

they will find one of the rock split in half a piece of ******** metal will lay in front of them

the metal will be translated/desiphered and will show the history and future of this planet

i dont know who its going to be , but to let u know its coming

as for egyption pyramids and mayan they still have planty of secrets to throw out

qxy*^._qyw-<\|qyx~ W`

till next time

There's already a thread for this topic in this forum. No need to open a new one.

There's already a thread for this topic in this forum. No need to open a new one.

that thread is ancient (2005!) and the last comment is from the summer of 2009, why not let XY have his own presentation ??

Because its a hill, not a pyramid.

does it not seem weird , that 2012 is around a corner, and the Pyramid in bosnia is being dug

i wonder what they will find inside that will set inmotion "doomsday" or the coming of ET

They'll find what all the non-con artists and archaeologists are saying they'll find, a hill, but only after the idiots have destroyed all the real archaeological sites in the area.

And no, even if wasn't just a hill, it would not be weird in the slightest.

that thread is ancient (2005!) and the last comment is from the summer of 2009, why not let XY have his own presentation ??

That has never stopped anybody else from necroposting. Besides the last comment is from XY and Matt, so he's well aware of the fact.

I have merged the 2 threads. Please remember, resurrecting an old thread can even have it's benefits if something new and relevant is brought to the table.

It would be more correct to say they are creating the pyramid, rather then digging it up. All the stones they have found that look like layers of a pyramid, were in fact layers... of sedimentary stone, some with fossils in them.

I'm still thinking they are hills that were smoothed out to allow for better fields of fire from the Roman fortress that was at the top.

The only cut stones that have been found stacked are for foundations of ancient buildings built at the base of the hills. Some of which were called "Entrances", but had no doors, archways, tunnels or other indications they were entrances, other then old Semir said so.

The tunnels were said to be from military exercises, when they were first mentioned, but now are suggested to be as ancient as the "pyramids". Yet the tunnels are of crumbling stone and not well supported, and so in 10000, or 2000 or 200 years, they should have caved in by now.

XY. Please read the entire thread. You will either be fully Fanaticized or a complete skeptic of these pyramids by the end.

Edited by DieChecker