Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] The Bosnian Pyramid Thread

bosnian

It would be more correct to say they are creating the pyramid, rather then digging it up. All the stones they have found that look like layers of a pyramid, were in fact layers... of sedimentary stone, some with fossils in them.

I'm still thinking they are hills that were smoothed out to allow for better fields of fire from the Roman fortress that was at the top.

The only cut stones that have been found stacked are for foundations of ancient buildings built at the base of the hills. Some of which were called "Entrances", but had no doors, archways, tunnels or other indications they were entrances, other then old Semir said so.

The tunnels were said to be from military exercises, when they were first mentioned, but now are suggested to be as ancient as the "pyramids". Yet the tunnels are of crumbling stone and not well supported, and so in 10000, or 2000 or 200 years, they should have caved in by now.

XY. Please read the entire thread. You will either be fully Fanaticized or a complete skeptic of these pyramids by the end.

I like the idea of a better field of fire, it makes sense when you know the normal roman procedures for their military camps.

I have merged the 2 threads. Please remember, resurrecting an old thread can even have it's benefits if something new and relevant is brought to the table.

Yes, oh wise one. :P We hear and obey.

Edited by TheSearcher

As I recall... aside from the Roman villa, which I don't think was likely to have had incredible defenses, there was a medieval era cemetary and a watchtower at the top.

All of which had a backhoe taken to them in order to pursue the idea of a "pyramid".

Two skeletons were found, and then lost.

These sites hadn't been fully documented, and the fellow's pursuing his ideal and trashing them.

As I recall... aside from the Roman villa, which I don't think was likely to have had incredible defenses, there was a medieval era cemetary and a watchtower at the top.

All of which had a backhoe taken to them in order to pursue the idea of a "pyramid".

Two skeletons were found, and then lost.

These sites hadn't been fully documented, and the fellow's pursuing his ideal and trashing them.

Whoa there, you got a cite for that? I've been following Irna's site on the BP debacle pretty closely and I don't remember anything about the cemetery or any tower being bulldozed. I know there's another cemetery and a medieval castle ruin at the summit where he wants to dig in the worst way (literally) and he's been accused of vandalizing the castle but last I heard he was still restricted from the area. The older cemetery is unique enough that I don't think anyone's going to let him near it.

No argument that He's a menace to archaeology but let's make sure we have our facts straight first.

Definately a menace. He had the villagers just digging up everything except the bedrock and giant boulders and tossing it. No records, no photos (Except of the boulders), no marking, no sifting, no trowling, no nothing.... Just dig it, toss it, look at boulders.

Whoa there, you got a cite for that? I've been following Irna's site on the BP debacle pretty closely and I don't remember anything about the cemetery or any tower being bulldozed. I know there's another cemetery and a medieval castle ruin at the summit where he wants to dig in the worst way (literally) and he's been accused of vandalizing the castle but last I heard he was still restricted from the area. The older cemetery is unique enough that I don't think anyone's going to let him near it.

No argument that He's a menace to archaeology but let's make sure we have our facts straight first.

You're right, I'm sorry.

It's been a while since I last looked at the Bosnian pyramid story, and I'd gotten some of it mixed up.

You're right, I'm sorry.

It's been a while since I last looked at the Bosnian pyramid story, and I'd gotten some of it mixed up.

S'aright. It's easy to do, what with all the crap he's actually pulled. It works both ways too. I'm still seeing fringies on other forums citing the stone balls for instance like they were found right next to the hill instead of 25 miles away, as if they weren't provably natural to begin with.

Edited by Oniomancer

• 4 months later...

They are pyramids! I built them some 15,000 years ago. Ask my mommy, she'll verify this information.

Seriously though, it's quite obvious it's a structure. Even if it's mainly built on a hill. I think it'll be more interesting in the near future. They are making more discoveries everyday there.

MC

No... it's plenty obvious it's a hill.

It does have construction on it, a Roman villa and a medieval cemetary, however, which were/are being damaged by this guy.

They are pyramids! I built them some 15,000 years ago. Ask my mommy, she'll verify this information.

Seriously though, it's quite obvious it's a structure. Even if it's mainly built on a hill. I think it'll be more interesting in the near future. They are making more discoveries everyday there.

MC

It's not obvious it's a structure, it's obvious for geologists it's a natural formation, but later and much more recent people built on it.

The guy who started all this believes the Mayans came from the stars...

Yeah..

I still vote hills also.

There is always this for the true believers...

PROJECT NAME: International Summer Camp for Volunteers: „Bosnian Pyramids 2010“

INVESTOR AND ORGANIZER: Non-profit NGO „Archaeological park:

Bosnian Pyramid of the Sun“ Foundation, registered for archaeological research and cultural heritage protection by the Ministry of Justice of Bosnia-Herzegovina

PARTNER: Town of Visoko, NGO „Citizen's Forum“ Visoko, Tourism Board of regional Government from Zenica

http://www.bosnianpyramid.com/index_Files/News.html

Looks like they are still trying to skin these hills.

9 A.M. CDT, July 15, 2010

U.S. Professor Gives Thumbs Up To Bosnian Pyramid Find

{HOUSTON, TX } – A prominent archaeologist and professor at the State University of New York in Buffalo says he fully supports an archaeological wonder that has drawn controversy since its discovery in Bosnia in 2005.

Dr. Ezra Zubrow, who heads the Dept of Anthropology at the university, has joined a growing number of supporters who are calling for a full scale research effort by international organizations to validate the origins of the first European pyramids to be discovered - located in the heart of Bosnia, in the town of Visoko. The site consists of five colossal stone structures in the shape of pyramids and has an extensive underground tunnel network.

The site has drawn international attention thanks to the relentless and passionate efforts of Bosnian-born Dr. Sam Semir Osmanagich, a Texas business owner dubbed “Indiana Jones” by his colleagues and media.

“We were honored to have Dr, Zubrow visit our site and appreciate his support of our work. After five years we are convinced this discovery is of utmost importance to Bosnia, the archaeological community and the world,” says Dr. Osmanagich

About Dr. Zubrow

Dr. Zubrow is also Director of the Social Systems Geographic Information Science Laboratory at the University of Buffalo. He received a Ph.D. in Anthropology from the University of Arizona. He is also an honorary Fellow in the Department of Archaeology, University at Cambridge and an adjunct faculty member of the Department of Anthropology at the University of Toronto.

http://www.piramidasunca.ba/en/index.php/U.S.-Professor-Gives-Thumbs-Up-To-Bosnian-Pyramid-Find.html

I wonder if this guy will denounce Semir, or if he is actually just a kook.

I googled him and found his college site. http://wings.buffalo.edu/anthropology/Faculty/zubrow.htm

Most of what he has done seems quite good, with the exception of this bit: (His last published piece.)

2007 "Remote Sensing, Fractals and Cultural Landscapes: An ethnographic prologemma using U2 imagery." in Remote Sensing in Archaeology, James R. Wiseman and Farouk El-Baz, Editors,Springer Verlag pp. 252-280.

Seems like someone who was well put together once upon a time and now is slowly sliding into the Fringe.

They are actually doing a lot of work in these tunnels. The tunnels, to me, are a lot more interesting then the "pyramids". I think if Semir finds anything of interest it will be in the tunnels.

http://www.piramidasunca.ba/en/index.php/VIDEO-CLIPS-FROM-THE-UNDERGROUND-LABYRINTH-RAVNE.html

Remote sensing is just a term used to denote finding anomalies in the ground from a distance. Whether it's from on the ground or from a satellite, it's remote. It's not talking about psychic sensing.

Seems like someone who was well put together once upon a time and now is slowly sliding into the Fringe.

Just from the title of the book, looks it's referring to the spy plane the U2. In this respect it's referring to Remote sensing in reference to what to Qoais mentioned.

Just from the title of the book, looks it's referring to the spy plane the U2. In this respect it's referring to Remote sensing in reference to what to Qoais mentioned.

That's what they want you to think. How do you think Gary Powers got his name?

That's what they want you to think. How do you think Gary Powers got his name?

Er... his mother and father?

Remote sensing is just a term used to denote finding anomalies in the ground from a distance. Whether it's from on the ground or from a satellite, it's remote. It's not talking about psychic sensing.

My mistake. That makes a lot more sense.

I lived in Bosnia for a while and people were telling me about this pyramid that had been dated by some German professors as being incredibly old--perhaps older than any civilization known. I can't really say anything about that since ancient history os way out of my lines. I wish I'd gone there to see it when I was in Bosnia, though.

I suppose we would call it an "anomoly" of history that doesn't quite fit anywhere with known events and historical periods.

I suppose we would call it an "anomoly" of history that doesn't quite fit anywhere with known events and historical periods.

Or we could just call it what is - a hoax.

Er... his mother and father?

All part of the cover story.

BTW, Diechecker, the term you're confusing it with is remote viewing.

I lived in Bosnia for a while and people were telling me about this pyramid that had been dated by some German professors as being incredibly old--perhaps older than any civilization known. I can't really say anything about that since ancient history os way out of my lines. I wish I'd gone there to see it when I was in Bosnia, though.

"Some German professors".......

I will bet they heard some of those guys speak German, and assumed they were Germans.

Next time you go back to Bosnia, please ask if the first name of one of those 'professors' was Erich....

Edited by Abramelin

http://www.piramidasunca.ba/en/index.php/U.S.-Professor-Gives-Thumbs-Up-To-Bosnian-Pyramid-Find.html

I wonder if this guy will denounce Semir, or if he is actually just a kook.

I googled him and found his college site. http://wings.buffalo.edu/anthropology/Faculty/zubrow.htm

Most of what he has done seems quite good, with the exception of this bit: (His last published piece.)

You are assuming that this guy actually did this.

Given the established fact that Semir has used other people's names as if they were affiliated with this flapdoodle Bosnian circus in the past, and was exposed by the press (and the individuals - who in fact had never even heard of the "project,") I think it only prudent that we should assume that this is simply another such case of fraudulent claims of scientific validity until real evidence to the contrary surfaces.

Harte

• 2 months later...

It looks like Semir is still digging. They want to clear the whole hill by 2012 so that a galactic alignment can be prevented from destroying the world.

The current target of the project is to complete excavation by 2012. This is in order to "break a cloud of negative energy, allowing the Earth to receive cosmic energy from the centre of the galaxy" according to Osmanagić.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnian_pyramids

The very idea people believe and support this is baffling to me.

I'm willing to accept the idea that's been presented that Bosnia is using the money provided through this towards their economy, and to encourage tourism.

Sounds more like a castle fortress imo-which would still be a very cool discovery. They could have reshaped the entire hillsides to be more triangular than round to channel any would be attackers into more narrow killzones. The stones at the lower levels could have been the outermost wall. Tunnels could have allowed defense forces to flank or ambush or simply store grain.

I can see where a stairway of stone might confuse some to thinking its one big stone pyramid.

Edited by Varelse