Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] The Bosnian Pyramid Thread

bosnian

Yes nice pics, but what are they supposed to represent?

Can you add a caption to the pics so we know what we are supposed to be looking for?

Those last pictures to me just look like holes in the ground :unsure:

I'm sorry, but I dunno what they're supposed to represent.

But I think it's representing the inside of the pyramid. Or something??? Looks like they've taken a picture of the inside from thru that little hole or summit?

Pictures are taken from www.piramidasunca.ba

I must admit though, that it looks very natural. Visocica hill. :unsure::unsure2:

I might be wrong though!

Edited by Zlatan

The back side of the dig on that last pic looks a lot like it is dug through many layers of shale. It looks like there is a layer of stone that is embeded in the rocky layers. I don't think anyone would build something with layers of shale like that. The big stones seem to run right into the hill. And what do people think that round mossy hole in the stone could be? :hmm:

It looks as if they are strip mining slate to roof someone's house. :w00t:

The cave looks natural to me. Hope it goes somewhere. :tu:

Excellant pictures,, keep em coming, any news on the carved stones that were found, or the skeleton.

user posted image

hmm some of thise stones, how they are placed they remember the ones you can find on the sidewalk around the streets were I live, they are also placed irregulary and in different sizes.

I think if we want to proff the Pyramid is true or fake we need something more serious rather than empty talk on how the brick's are supposed to be placed.

cheers.....

Edited by Lux Felix

I think if we want to proff the Pyramid is true

sun pyramid

user posted image

moon pyramid

user posted image

if this is not man made then it is first natural pyramid in the world

I have been doubting the pyramid theory for a week now, and i was discussing it at www.bosnian-pyramid.com

I got an answer from "Irna", please read;

Here is more interresting pictures I found, hope that someone can gain knowledge from them;

user posted image

user posted image

This one is more similiar to those found on Pljesevica and Vratnica;

user posted image

On the last one, it looks like it has connection material. Like the ones at Pljesevica. Maybe it really just has geological features???

I have always been wondering, if it really was man made, why is there no walls on pljesevica? It has stone plateus, but not stone walls. The walls are just of dirt...

As an end note, i would like to share pictures of some natural pavements found on the internet.

user posted image

user posted image

Reply;

user posted image

On the last one, it looks like it has connection material. Like the ones at Pljesevica. Maybe it really just has geological features???

I have tried to explain a number of times on this forum that the "connection material" was just cracks in the stones filled with natural cement, calcite for instance. See for instance this topic : http://www.bosnian-pyramid.com/forum/viewt...&highlight=

I have always been wondering, if it really was man made, why is there no walls on pljesevica? It has stone plateus, but not stone walls. The walls are just of dirt...

Yes... because there are no walls (except of course in the rectangular structure on Pljesevica). The "walls" that you see today were cut by the diggers accross the layers of marl and clay that lie between two layers of hard sandstone. Here is a little sketch of what is happening on Pljesevica :

user posted image

All the hill is formed of almost horizontal layers, with an alternance of hard ones (sandstone) and soft ones (marl or clay) - the dotted line is the side of the hill before the excavations. Above each layer of sandstone the foundation people take off the soft layers and cut a vertical "wall" to the next layer of sandstone. That's why you see only pavements and no stone walls ; and that's, I think, what Dr Dowell pointed to when she said that the foundation was kind of "creating" the pyramid structure.

Follow the interresting debate here; http://www.bosnian-pyramid.com/forum/viewt...c&start=210

Also, I was wondering about the ripple marks at pljesevica:

user posted image

I was asking if it could be possible that nature made them after the creation by man?

Irna replied saying;

the ripple-marks formed during the sedimentation (i.e. in this case during the Miocene era), when the sediment was still in shallow water and still non coherent. Ripple-marks cannot form after the lithification, when the sediment has become hard rock.

In other words, ripple marks can only appear under the evolution to hard rock. Not while it is hard.

I found a similiar stone like the ones at pljesevica with ripple marks on it:

user posted image

The one to the left.

And about megalith stones, the foundation says it was inside of the marine breccia. Geologists say that marine breccia takes 13 million (?) years to be created. Which is an indication that the megalith stones are impossible to be man made.

But who are we going to believe??? Foundation or the sceptics??? :wacko:

I just know that I am doubting about pyramids now... I just hope there is a man made creation in Visoko. But at the moment, i see nothing. I saw it before, but got convinced that it's not.

Very nice contributions. :)

This picture shows the ripple marks very well;

user posted image

Also, Geologists say that this is a clear indication that Pljesevica is natural;

user posted image

They say it's the power of tectonic forces.

I believe Pljesevica is a geological hill, not artificial. However, my opinion doesn't matter anything!

I still haven't found a decent geological explenation for Visocica hill. Maybe some geologists around could tell us about it? :innocent:

ive just read the article on the front page news on the bosnian pyramid..... now what i think it is ... is irrelavent, but that article is one sided and biased, lots of key words like "it once was a depressed muslum town" i mean if you read it and look at it from an independant standpoint, whoever wrote that article only wrote negatives they never added anything positive, and i belive an artice should be a mix of negative and positive, baiscally im saying the article is biased and should be ignored,,,, by the way i write for a living and i would never put out a one sided article like that..

http://travel.guardian.co.uk/news/story/0,,1887835,00.html

This part is especially damaging, I think. Like he is making fun of it all.

"Let them dig and we'll see what they find," Haris Silajdzic, a newly elected president, said. "Besides, it's good for business."

:hmm:

http://travel.guardian.co.uk/news/story/0,,1887835,00.html

This part is especially damaging, I think. Like he is making fun of it all.

:hmm:

"Pyramidiots", scoff the experts, who are appalled at the leeway granted to Mr Osmanagic to dig up the countryside. A Bosnian university mining and geology department said the pyramids were natural geological formations. Mark Rose of America's Archaeological Institute denounced the Visoko amateurs as charlatans. Professor Anthony Harding of Exeter University, who is president of the European Association of Archaeologists, has been equally scathing.

And prominent Bosnian scholars have written to the government demanding that Mr Osmanagic be stopped, saying he is turning Bosnia into a laughing stock.

I have to agree with the Bosnian scholars.

I love that phrase "Pyramidiots",

I believe that there's enough evidence against the pyramid theory... I hope goverment stops this before we all get laughed at. :unsure2:

Why is it things never go well for us...? :unsure:

Charlatans?

Well, nothing new from dogmatics.

Kopernicus, Galileo and others were charlatans too. ( not that I compare MR. Osmanagic with them, I compare Ideas that do not fit the standard at that point ).

I believe that there's enough evidence against the pyramid theory... I hope goverment stops this before we all get laughed at. :unsure2:

Why is it things never go well for us...? :unsure:

You have a beautiful country, it just needs to be sold and you know what they say, "there's no such thing as bad publicity"

You have a beautiful country, it just needs to be sold and you know what they say, "there's no such thing as bad publicity"

I have to give you credit for that. :yes:

Very nice contributions. :)

This picture shows the ripple marks very well;

user posted image

Also, Geologists say that this is a clear indication that Pljesevica is natural;

user posted image

They say it's the power of tectonic forces.

I believe Pljesevica is a geological hill, not artificial. However, my opinion doesn't matter anything!

I still haven't found a decent geological explenation for Visocica hill. Maybe some geologists around could tell us about it? :innocent:

isnt that possible that the "pyramide" builders used ripple marked stones to build their structure?

isnt that possible that the "pyramide" builders used ripple marked stones to build their structure?

Sure, everything's possible if we have to do with a structure that's artificial. However, if we look away from the ripple marks, why would the builders of the structure make a pyramid without walls? :unsure2:

Let me explain; There's loads of plateus on Pljesevica, but no walls.

An example could be this;

============ <-- Stone plates. Pavements.

~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~ <-- Dirt, no walls.

~~~~~~~~~~~

============

~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~

============

Do you get my point? This is the way the hill is made, it's a geological thing. If this really was artificial, why is there no walls? And dirt instead of walls? :s

Here is an example of the above description:

user posted image

I'm sorry for the poor quality.

Anyway I found a geological explenation of Visocica by Irna (The Geologist). Please read it carefully to understand the geological features we have to do with!

Visocica - Geological Explenation.

As for Visocica, its geological history is quite the same than for Pljesevica. The main differences are that :

- the layers of sandstone, marl and clay that are predominant on Pljesevica are also present in visocica, but in the lower part of the hill and on its west side (the "access plateau", as says M. Osmanagic) ; but most of the hill (about the two upper thirds) is made in more recent layers, of a different nature : conglomerates that geologists call "breccia". These layers are also deposited during the Miocene, but a little later (Upper Miocene), in the same lake but at a time when the orogeny was already fast around the lake and the erosion very active : that explains the composition of the breccia, made of big debris (clastic debris) rather than fine sand like the sandstone. These layers of breccia are also very thick, so that when tectonic forces are applied to them, they do not plastically deform like the marl or clay, nor do they break in small "pavements", but rather they break in great slabs (that's a well knowned fact to geologists, mentioned by Robert Schoch in his comments, that the size of the slabs is related to the thickness of the layers).

- the layers in Visocica are much more inclined than in Pljesevica : in Pljesevica, the layers are almost horizontal, as you can see in the "alleys" and "pavements" around the hill. In Visocica, which was, I think, nearer to a great anticline (a great fold of the layers, affecting them on dizains of kilometers long, and several hundred meters large), the layers were inclined much more, from 20° to 45° it seems on North and East side of the hill. As you can see on the foundation's pictures, the dip of the north slope of Visocica perfectly fits the dip of the breccia slabs, that is the dip of the uppermost layer.

I had mentioned the geological history in this post :

http://www.bosnian-pyramid.com.....=3588#3588, where you will also find drawings made by a bosnian geologist explaining that Visocica is what remains of the side of an anticline.

Here : http://www.bosnian-pyramid.com.....=3288#3288 I tried to explain the differences between the two hills of Visocica and Pljesevica.

I also discussed some points about the geology of the two hills in this post : http://www.bosnian-pyramid.com.....=5393#5393

Zlatan come on bro, stop using theorys that people much dumber than you have presented you with :)

switching side are we hahaha ;)

It's because I find a lot of logic in that theory. And it's always healthy with a bit of sceptitism. :)

People need to make their own decisions based on evidence. Geologists think that the above theory is correct, while Archaeologists, Egyptologists etc. think that the Pyramids are artificial. Example could be Dr. Schoch (Geologist) and Aly Barakat (Archaeologist).

switching side are we hahaha ;)
Yeah you can say that. ;) Because at the moment I see more evidence against the pyramids. And I see too little evidence for the contrary.

What if we really have to do with a geological thing? What will happen when we uncover Visocica and Pljesevica but we haven't found anything? "Mi ce mo ispasti budale." (We'll look like fools.)

I really hope that we find something in Visoko! Osmanagic and co. just need to find some stronger evidence to proof their theory. :yes: