Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

TV's Most Haunted con exposed

UM-Bot

news icon rSubmitted by Blackstar: The TV show that has spooked millions with its footage of hauntings and poltergeists is today exposed as a fake - by one its own stars. Resident parapsychologist Dr Ciaran O'Keeffe has sensationally lifted the lid on the ghosthunting series, Most Haunted .

.. and claims that the public are being deceived by "showmanship and dramatics.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: The Mirror

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• AcorahAngel

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• Fluffybunny

how can most haunted be a con there are such things of spirit n ghost the team are doin very well with derek. i belief because when my grandad died i was 7 yr old n i saw him in the spirit church. i would like to say the team must be really careful with doin the london most haunted on the jack the ripper dont leave the girls on they own.

Just because ghosts are real doesnt mean that a show about them thats primary goal is to make money is real .

Heres an update related to the article above.

TV GHOST 'FAKERS' TO CARRY ON

LIVINGTV bosses have refused to axe its most popular show, Most Haunted, after a Daily Mirror investigation exposed it as a fake.

Not only are they backing the shamed ghost-hunting series, they are going ahead with medium Derek Acorah's new show.

Acorah was accused of faking possessions by the show's own parapsychologist Ciaran O'Keefe.

Yesterday experts and members of the psychic community called for the programme to be taken off the air. And TV regulator Ofcom is looking into 22 complaints.

Clive Lloyd, spokesman for the Spiritualist National Union, said: "For me the programme is sheer showmanship, an act all the way through."

LivingTV said: "We are looking into the Daily Mirror's claims."

I wish this wasn't true.

Living TV should just can the show and replace it with a more respectable show that deals with the same subject. They can carbon copy a UK version of Ghost Hunters. The Derrick scenes were either boring (while he was doing his supposed readings) or downright hilarious (while he was doing his supposed possession scenes). The shows were obviously scripted and staged. They have made a mockery of the entire subject and have treated believers and the curious as idiots.

how can most haunted be a con there are such things of spirit n ghost the team are doin very well with derek. i belief because when my grandad died i was 7 yr old n i saw him in the spirit church. i would like to say the team must be really careful with doin the london most haunted on the jack the ripper dont leave the girls on they own.

Nobodys saying ghosts don't exist. Were just saying Most Haunted is fake.

This show... Is the reason my girlfriend and her friends hate watching TV with me. Unfortunately- it's on right before several 'better' shows, so we always catch at least the last five minutes.

Now I haven't even -seen- Blair Witch- but that's the only impression 'Most Haunted' ever gave me.

It was, and still is- some of the most irritating jargen I've ever had the patience to sit through. The camera angles make you ill, the melo-drama is ridiculous, all the screaming and shrieking-

Which..You know... If these people are professional ghost hunters- and get this as much as 'Most Haunted' gets it... Why are they still screaming like twelve year olds at a slumber party?

I don't mean this to be offensive to anyone who -watches- the show... But in my personal opinion- it's an insult to paranormal research. :no:

It is being aired in N.America now too. Last live show tomorrow untill christmas or january...

Edited by whoa182

I just think it's absolutely hilarious, when a group of 'professional ghost hunters, or para-psychologists (whatever they call themselves)', crap they're pants, scream and run at the sligthest sound or contact that results from 'ghostly activity'.

I am watching Most Haunted now in the US. I am so tired of hearing Yevette ask the spirit to "show itself" and why is Derek being so quiet? At least he was interesting when he was possessed and theatrical. When is he going to go into action? :angry2:

someone asked if ther was somehting on TV that was better and "real" not like MHL, and there is. I love this show. They are sceptics that go to "haunted" places and if somthing "strange" happens the first thing they do is try to find out the logical explination of it. It does happen where they will say that the place is haunted, and they have gotten AMAZING footage on camera, but only after they try and debunk it as somthing else but cant. They use all the hi-tech, expensive, instruments(i.e, camersa,etc) Anyway, its called Ghost Hunters, but the actual team of investergators are the T.A.P.S. team based in Rhode Island. When I have watched MH, most of the time I am disappointed and yelling at the telly "if tou can get a ghost to move a Quiji board, then why cant it move somthing else" and I do find that poor Yvette does scream a bit too much. Just check out the T.A.P.S team on the Web, not sure the sight, but nevertheless, they are for real.

haven't missed an episode. I too like the angle they approach with.

Ghost Hunters that is

Edited by shanahan2300

I'll still watch it, it's funny and entertaining, and you get to learn about other people's real past experiences and the history on the location

:rofl: Please don't anyone take this to offence, but you have to be pretty gulable to actually belive anything going on in this show. I still get a case of the snickers when I think about Derrick "WHHAAAT DO YOU WAAAAANT?! what do you waaaaant! get out!" In that totally horror movie voice! I laughed so hard I was crying that night. And telling the camera man to catch him! I :wub: this show for the sheer fact of knowing that I can act better than him! XD sometimes it gets creepy though. Nothing blatently real, but it's good for an artificial scare and laughing fit. Kinda like a fun house, cheep scares from cheep props...but you know you're gonna go again.

I always thought the show was entertaining, but never bought into it. They seem to scare themselves more than anything else. I have yet to see anything paranormal about it. However I must admit that I was starting to become fascinated with Derek getting so many things concerning the history of the places correct.

After watching last nights show, with the supposed ghost of Joseph Merrick and the "cliffhanger" of Derek getting possessed right at the end of the program seemed a bit to convenient to me. During the first ghost writing session, it was obvious that Karl was directing the movement of the pen. Once Karl was no longer at the table, the elephant man theory seemed to go away.

None the less, it was a enjoyable episode even though three hours of Yvette's constant show yourself, show yourself was a bit annoying. If I was a ghost I would probably have came forward if just to say "Yea I am here, please SHUT THE HELL UP!"

I think T.A.P.S. is the most credible show on the paranormal out there today, but then again who can be sure of anything.

:unsure:

One thing i find compulsive viewing about MH is the simple fact that one day.....just once miss fielding will be screaming her "SHOW YOURSELF YOU COWARD" and...it will turn out the real ghost does and slaps her silly for being so disrespectful to he/she/it. I just cant wait for the day when im watching the show and people start floating all over the place and spewing green vomit at each other......its bound to happen one of these days, god only knows if i was a ghost and they turned up...a very large can of (pardon my vulgarity) WHOOP A**! would be getting opened the second the started insulting me.

You wonder if ghosts have a level of dignity that they shy away from these kind of people. I find it remarkable that no real harm has come to the people on that show.

Also i dont know if this has been mentioned before....

Miss fielding worked on Blue Peter (as you know), the guy who was the host in the studio for the live stuff also worked on blue peter.....AND a few years ago a lady called sarah green worked on blue peter, Now the point is sarah got into alot of trouble because she worked on a show that proclaimed itself to be "real hauntings"

they went to places and all hell broke loose..every night, It was better then a horror movie all the time. Now when they got caught out (and sued i believe for misrepresentation....i think thats the legal term for having ones pants combust), they claimed that it was suppose to be a "docu-soap" and it wasnt intended to be real..it was only meant to be "real"

So the ultimate question is this....

Is blue peter not some type of kids programme but it is actually the training ground for fake ghost hunters a terrifying new conspiracy we can all get behind!!!!

I dont know if miss fieldings company produced miss greens show...but it is possible that MH is part two of thier plan.

Also if MH live was better done, i think it would be a very good way to test the phycological effects of suggestion on the human mind. How many hundreds of people sent in details of what they had seen on the web cams etc etc etc and yet not ONCE was anything replayed to the viewing public....so i can only conclude that nothing was actually caught on camera (i know...i am as AMAZED as you are!) and the entire exercise is geared towards simply seeing what gullible fools out there will be willing to watch dereks new show,

who among us wont be tempted to see derek sit alone in a room and become possessed by demons and scream at himself in the mirror before waking up in the morning with paper cut "slash marks" on his wrists and self inflicted chinese burn marks to his neck?!?!?!

i ask you....thats gotta be good TV.

you cant expect living tv to pull the show anyway, i mean come on...how many of us watch the show for the sole reason of ripping it apart the next day on here?....either way you watch the adverts during the show so the point of the network is done, its TV 101, who cares if the person likes the show...they watched it...thats all the matters.

Rogue

Edited by RogueActOfVengence

This is the worst show on TV. So obviously fake it’s embarrassing, lol.