Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

TV's Most Haunted con exposed

UM-Bot

I only saw clips of it(I do not think it is carried here), and from what little I saw it seemed to be rather fake. Too melodramatic and staged...

Of course I could be wrong as I have not seen more that maybe 15 minutes worth of the show.

If the allegations are true, it serves them right to get exposed if they have been trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes. The paranormal has always drawn a high number of charlatans to it; it is easy to fake, and impossible to prove... it is a con mans paradise.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• AcorahAngel

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• Fluffybunny

...Also i dont know if this has been mentioned before....

Miss fielding worked on Blue Peter (as you know), the guy who was the host in the studio for the live stuff also worked on blue peter.....AND a few years ago a lady called sarah green worked on blue peter, Now the point is sarah got into alot of trouble because she worked on a show that proclaimed itself to be "real hauntings"

they went to places and all hell broke loose..every night, It was better then a horror movie all the time. Now when they got caught out (and sued i believe for misrepresentation....i think thats the legal term for having ones pants combust), they claimed that it was suppose to be a "docu-soap" and it wasnt intended to be real..it was only meant to be "real"

So the ultimate question is this....

Is blue peter not some type of kids programme but it is actually the training ground for fake ghost hunters a terrifying new conspiracy we can all get behind!!!!

PMSL. Nice one mate!!! :tu:

I believe the programme you are mentioning was called "Ghostwatch" on was aired one Halloween in the early 1990s. I watched it as a teenager and nearly crapped my pants.

It is strange how one can be lambasted as being a piece of theatricals under the guise of reality, but the other wins television awards and media applause. :wacko:

It is even stranger that The Mirror gets credit for breaking the MH myth, when there has been a website dedicated to doing the same around for years. It has articles and programme breakdowns on it (looks like The Mirror has just cut and copied chunks off them, LOL).

Check it out - http://www.mosthauntedexposed.co.uk It has some great examples of when MH has been caught cheating.

My two favourite examples of Derek's "super-psychic" abilities...

1) He contacts a spirit called Rik Eedles and has a conversation with him. It is later discovered that Rik Eedles and all information relating to him had been given to Derek by a subversive during an innocent, unrelated conversation. It is a trap to see if Derek lies about his ability (Rik Eedles - an anagram of Derek Lies).

2) He becomes possessed by the spirit of a South-African man called Kreed Kafer who was unjustly imprisoned and attacks members of the MH crew (usual Derek behaviour when possessed). Yet again, Derek had fallen into a trap set by a subversive (he really needs to check his misinformation before he uses his ability). Kreed Kafer - an anagram of Derek Faker.

How MH continues to claim that this is even a pseudo-scientific study into the paranormal is beyond me.

One more thing...

We have laws in the UK that govern this type of behaviour. The 1951 Fraudulent Mediums Act states that:

"An Act to repeal the Witchcraft Act 1735, and to make, in substitution for certain provisions of section four of the Vagrancy Act 1824, express provision for the punishment of persons who fraudulently purport to act as spiritualistic mediums or to exercise powers of telepathy, clairvoyance or other similar powers.

Be it enacted by the King's most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Lords Spiritual and Temporal, and Commons, in this present Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same as follows:

(1) Subject to the provisions of this section, any person who-

(a) with intent to deceive purports to act as spiritualistic medium or to exercise any powers of telepathy, clairvoyance or other similar powers, or

(B)in purporting to act as a spiritualistic medium or to exercise such powers as aforesaid, uses any fraudulent device, shall be guilty of an offence.

(2) A person shall not be convicted of an offence under the foregoing subsection unless it is provided that he acted for reward; and for the purposes of this section a person shall be deemed to act for reward if any money is paid, or other valuable thing given in respect of what he does, whether to him or any other person.

(3) A person guilty of an offence under this section shall be liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding fifty pounds or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding four months or to both such fine and such imprisonment, or on conviction on indictment for a term not exceeding five hundred pounds or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years or to both such fine and such imprisonment."

Derek and the MH crew can certainly be described as falling into the italic category. As they receive payment for their actions, the section in bold type could easily be applied. Will we see Derek and the MH crew being charged under this law...

More chance of Yvette getting that long-deserved kicking from that cowardly spirit!!! :devil:

Edited by spitfire

Well, I was never convinced by Derek, but I always thought the other things that happened were strange and 'Real' If you watch some episodes of the series, practicaly nothing will happen or there will be things which can easily be exlained away, and at the end of the episode they will admit that. Even for the live ones, hardly anything will happen sometimes.

If Cieran o Keefe has supposedly exposed this, why is he still there? The past couple of nights he has offered explanations and admitted what things are strange, and this is Live. You can tell Yvette is genuinly scared. The goes off her head at the slightest noise.

To conclude, if you dont know what i'm banging on about.

1. I dont really think Derek is real.

2.They might, during the TV series have 'exagerated' a few things, but other than that I think they're genuinly there to find real evidence, and that most of it is real. (banging, lights, voices etc)

3. The Mirror can chat bull**** sometimes :D

For me 75% of medium, is a bit fake even Dr Ciaran O'Keeffe. i watch it often i am not taking the defense to Derek but i don't think Dr Ciaran said was good , just "is fake" yeah why not but him ???? it's a parapsychologist if there no medium, no ghost, what should he do lol.

Edited by Beryth

I've never watched the show, tho I've tuned into the "Most Haunted Live", I must say, I got a good laugh out of the parts that I've watched. I mean, everyone knows that if you use Nightvision it means that you can't be faking anything.

They keep hearing "noises", which while might be "spooky" definately doesn't count for hauntings. There are many reasons for any noise, I believe she heard a banging in an airduct, well, the metal could've just been expanding/contracting and it just made a "popping" noise, like when you push an indention into a soda can.

They always "see something" when the cameras are off them, or "feel" things that can't be verified on camera. Sure, they say "Oh it's so cold in here!" or "I just felt something cold against me!" conveniently that we can't feel these phenomenom, nor the ghostly pushes, to prove them wrong. If you believe that sort of thing, I should tell you, at the moment I'm in a wrestling match with Andre the Giant, I went after his spirit, and currently he's got me in a leg lock.

We'll assume that the sounds they are hearing aren't staged for a moment. But everyone should know that old noises like to make noises, things crick, and creak. Let's not forget little critters, if the places really are that old that they have these hauntings, is it that impossible that they're shouting "Show yourself! You coward!" to a little mouse or squirrel that's enjoying himself skittering in the walls, or along the woodwork?

I'd personally enjoy seeing some one sneaking into the house while they were filming, making himself up in a nice little zombie costume wearing old style clothing, burst out of someplace, and chase them around for awhile.

Nobodys saying ghosts don't exist. Were just saying Most Haunted is fake.

As I live in the UK and watch this show a lot I still say it's a fake, and it had nothing to do with one of our top selling news papers that exposed it as a fraud, but no one has actually seen anything appear in the show.

A lot of us british viewrs didn't believe that it was being shown in the USA, so I took the liberty of passing you a link to let you see what the rest are saying....

http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showth...0&page=59&pp=25

this thread was made just a couple of days ago and already is nearly 60 pages long

Enjoy :P

LOL trust me ma... (and I mean ma in a loving way!!) it's aired over here!

I was suspicious all along that this show was fake. The noises always seem to go off when the cameras are pointing somewhere else.

During the live telecast last night I was convinced. When Derek supposedly starting channeling the spirit of Mary Ann "Polly" Nichols (one of Jack the Ripper's supposed victims), I knew it was being played for the cameras.

The cherry on top was saying "some of the murders were committed by James Maybrick and the rest by 'Perechenko.'" This knowledge came through "from the spirit world."

The actual name is "Pedechenko", and he has long been discredited as even a legitimate suspect. James Maybrick was all the rage for a while, but the opinion of most profilers is that the Ripper was probably Aaron Kosminsky. There are also other more recent theories about the Ripper's identity that include an artist and a doctor.

The point is that James Maybrick is so "ten years ago." They could have picked a more likely suspect for the cameras.

And to top it off--to pick up on a Ripper victim and the Ripper himself just coincidentally on Halloween?

Even MY tinfoil hat is better at blocking thought control waves than that!

Maybrick was not the Ripper or even close. And this has been discredited as well. I'm surprised they didn't say Sickert. That would have been amusing.

• 3 weeks later...

A little sidenote on "Ghostwatch" - the original version of MHL but an admitted dramatization...

Just found out that the reason why the media went mental over it and the BBC was slated for it. Someone didn't realise that it was a live drama, thought everything was real and committed suicide, as they were so frightened by the show.

:)

STAND BY........HEAVY SARCASM ALERT.........

*picks jaw back up from floor*

WHAT!!!!!! REALLY??????!!!!! no way.

faked. well i am stunned by this news, and will stop watching the program at the end of this season. <_<

• 3 weeks later...

are you all on about most haunted here? :blink:

Now your reall name wouldn't be Sasha? Hmm. Sorry, but most people here think Derek is a fraud.

Now your reall name wouldn't be Sasha? Hmm. Sorry, but most people here think Derek is a fraud.

Well Spotted ericraven...it's the one and only president of the Degsie aint fake I swear fan club

:lol:

Now your reall name wouldn't be Sasha?

I was just about to say that... if it's not her i'll eat my boxer shorts.

She is scarily obsessed...

Edited by Richdog

If it's not her I too will eat my BF's boxers..but I particularly love her 1st entry as Acorah Angel -

Hello,

Im new here, i dont think Derek is fake! I think he is abit over the top at times but thats his job and its what he does! I am going to see him at darlington in febuary! I have met him too and he seems like a lovely genuine person...aparently he has bone cancer too?? hmmm :(

:lol: We had weeks of I cant wait to meet him, he aint fake I swear, I love him but don't have a crush on him how dare you ect and now she has returned to throw more I love Degsie he aint a fake I swear abuse at us!! :ph34r:

If it's not her I too will eat my BF's boxers..but I particularly love her 1st entry as Acorah Angel -

:lol: We had weeks of I cant wait to meet him, he aint fake I swear, I love him but don't have a crush on him how dare you ect and now she has returned to throw more I love Degsie he aint a fake I swear abuse at us!! :ph34r:

Stated perfectly. :tu:

Now that the Acorah fruad has left the show, I wonder if people still think the show is a fake??? and if it has gotten more viewers?!!

Oh my Gods ... you mean it wasn't real????!!

i need a drink ...... :ph34r::alien::P

:cry: