Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Walken

Community Service

37 posts in this topic

Yelekiah

Why not start now, Walken? Make your own thread called "FUN-derfulness", where we can get to know each other besides by avatar?

Mr Ed

Why not start now, Walken? Make your own thread called "FUN-derfulness", where we can get to know each other besides by avatar?

Meh, that will probably just descend into chat and get locked. People create an online image of themselves from their posts. :P

Yelekiah

Hmmm. Good point. We'll just have to be keen.

Walken
FUN-derfulness

Thats a neat idea. I might PM a favoured Mod (cougth, Dot, cougth) later and inquire as to how we could make that work.

Yes, it would more than likely descend into chat, attract the wrong type of posts and get locked. Theres also a risk of people using it as a blog. We'll have to think carefully about it, and as an experienced member (and newly appointed mod) Dot will no doubt have some ideas.

Walken

I still haven't got around to inquring, but judging from the community boards introduction, we wouldn't be breaking any specific rules by installing a thread to get to know eachother better...

Yelekiah

I'm all for it then. Sounds like fun.

darkknight
installing a thread to get to know eachother better...

that would be good idea...but how others feel about it. thats a different debate.

Walken

Well thats the thing...there are not many ways of operating such a thread WITHOUT it becoming a chat room, and thats against the rules. But the purpose and objective of the thread are not just in this forum rules and guidlines...they're ideal.

While I'm thinking on that, any other ideas?

darkknight

walken, the members are basically opposites. one start in east the other goes to west.if this is the case then understanding wont happen. for starters, there this member who wants to know for what reasons i reply to dorky(the exact word used by that member) posts? i replied back' simple cases are the hardest ones to crack. and by replying I'm proving' you not alone, I'm here to help you! don't matter if no ones does.

now see walken if this is the outlook.how can you share any info on thread.

Edited by darkknight

Megalomania

I want a get-to-know-eachother thread, it'd rule ^_^

Mr Ed

We have already had one of them though, kind of.

I don't think it would work, I hope I am wrong for once.

Walken

Right now I am really busy guys, like you wouldn't beleive, but I swear...I'll PM Saru or Dot any day now. :tu:

I don't want to start it without getting permisson from a mod or admin first, as it is a risky topic. Maybe it'll be allowed with strict moderation, I don't know.